Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    As per Marco's last tweet, yes indeed, Govnah is hating the new F105. I am also seeing the issues reported above. *Heading over to Govnah thread...*
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I can change the number in the box from 0 to 1 -- i am assuming that 1 would be the overide + -- it will not stick
    do you think this is a govnah problem??
    before it was a slider -- thanks for your input and your work here

Rob
    Turn off the manual settings preference and your toggle button will return.

No-one should have manual settings enabled. No-one. Period.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No-one. Period.
    I know what you're saying but, that's a little *too* much of a blanket statement. The ability to be able to simply copy and paste those values into a memo for safe keeping/restoring is always a good idea. Manually writing down all the voltage values simply isn't realistic in this day and age. That's a little too much iOS (no multi-tasking) for my blood.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I know what you're saying but, that's a little *too* much of a blanket statement. The ability to be able to simply copy and paste those values into a memo for safe keeping/restoring is always a good idea. Manually writing down all the voltage values simply isn't realistic in this day and age. That's a little too much iOS (no multi-tasking) for my blood.

M.
    Govnah has the ability to email your complete profile. You don't need to cut and paste from fields.

-- Rod
    Govnah has the ability to email your complete profile. You don't need to cut and paste from fields.

wow

M.
  6.    #786  
    To clear up some confusion:

Screenstate v2 will not allow VDD1 voltage to be changed, it will display "N/A". VDD2 voltage can be changed. The other fields are editable.
    Live free or DIE!
    After updating Govnah, I still can't switch back to the screenstate-v2 governor because of the "Invalid or missing value genericEntry" error. This is running the testing version of F105. I'll post more details (Lumberjack logs) later if they would be helpful, little short on time at the moment!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    After updating Govnah, I still can't switch back to the screenstate-v2 governor because of the "Invalid or missing value genericEntry" error. This is running the testing version of F105. I'll post more details (Lumberjack logs) later if they would be helpful, little short on time at the moment!
    It's a bug in Govnah - support for screenstate-v2 needs to be added. I'm doing that now. Look for Govnah 0.7.12 in a little while (I'll announce it on the @webosinternals twitter account).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    try to install F105 145.158 from preware. Get error.
    out of mem.

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Verifying ability to create upstart script ...
    Disabling Palm diagnostics reporting ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Installing kernel upstart script ...
    Fatal error occurred, restoring original files
    Original files restored, we have normality, I repeat we have normality
  10.    #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    try to install F105 145.158 from preware. Get error.
    out of mem.

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Verifying ability to create upstart script ...
    Disabling Palm diagnostics reporting ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Installing kernel upstart script ...
    Fatal error occurred, restoring original files
    Original files restored, we have normality, I repeat we have normality
    Run the Doctor.

There's no reason why the /boot or / partition is out of space.
    Live free or DIE!
    Yeah, a device with /boot or / out of space is a device which has had stuff installed on it outside of Preware feeds and that stuff you have installed is doing *very* bad things.

You will need to do whatever backup you can still do, and doctor the phone. And then re-think from where you get your stuff that you install on your device.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    last I installed was JVM.
    Ill remove it and see.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/11/2011 at 08:04 PM.
    removed JVM. Installed 105.
    rebooted.
    all working now.
    Turn off the manual settings preference and your toggle button will return.

No-one should have manual settings enabled. No-one. Period.

-- Rod

in preferences manual entry is set to no -- has always been set to no and still no toggles nor the ability to make these changes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    in preferences manual entry is set to no -- has always been set to no and still no toggles nor the ability to make these changes
    Try Govnah 0.7.12, which now supports screenstate-v2

-- Rod
    Now that the changes are in Govnah, a question for clarification concerning the new screenstate-v2 governor (running on F105-158):

So for vdemand factor, if I choose low, I get less voltage reduction during scaling than if I was to choose medium, then high, etc? If that's the case, I take it the suggested manner of choosing your vdemand factor is to just start with medium (default), check stability for a couple days, then switch to high, check stability, and so on? If vdemand factor adjusts voltage scaling, that won't have an effect on speed since the clock frequency is still the same?

Sorry, just trying to paste together the last several pages worth of comments to make sure I understand all the changes that have happened. For some reason, Govnah is telling me that I'm running at 900 MHz with the screen on even though I have 1.005 GHz as the max freq.
    Last edited by Bazirker; 01/12/2011 at 07:29 AM.
    That usually happens when you're using a profile that doesn't match the frequencies available in the active kernel.

-- Rod
    That usually happens when you're using a profile that doesn't match the frequencies available in the active kernel.

-- Rod
    Oddly, it fixed itself; I just went back to check it and it's ok now even though it ran at 900 MHz all morning till now. Meh.

I'm still curious if I got the details right concerning vdemand and its settings .
    I have govnah 0.7.13 and TC - 158 installed -- i cannot reduce the battery low threshold or change the batt low speed and make them stick. Is this A) a kernel issue B) a govnah issue or C) intentional?

thanks
    Rob
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  20.    #800  
    I have govnah 0.7.13 and TC - 158 installed -- i cannot reduce the battery low threshold or change the batt low speed and make them stick. Is this A) a kernel issue B) a govnah issue or C) intentional?

thanks
    Rob
    Looks to be Govnah, I can change the parameters via CLI.
    Live free or DIE!