Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    My Pre finally proved not to be as tough as Chuck
    Had been running TChief F105(all versions) without a hiccup and was running SR71; but at 1.05 rather than 1.2.Ghz

Took the plunge yesterday afternoon and used Govnah to 'bump' the SR71 to 1.2Ghz.
    For 15 minutes, it was unreal how fast it was.

Then the phone borked and got stuck in the infinite reboot of deth.
    Finishing up a doctor visit now (1st ever!!)
    Will have to go back to TChief F105 -88

- T
    Yep. Same here. No probs with F105, but I got greedy, and SR71 gave me a nice-looking paperweight with the palm logo. Doctoring now.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Yep. Same here. No probs with F105, but I got greedy, and SR71 gave me a nice-looking paperweight with the palm logo. Doctoring now.
    Maybe with some voltage tweaking you guys can run SR71. But battery will suck.
    Live free or DIE!
    Marco:

A question.

In the early days of overclocking (with the 800 shell script, etc.), there was talk that the CPU might take a day or so to "adjust" to a new kernel vis a vis battery drain and/or performance. I was curious, given my Pre's allergic reaction to SR71, whether swapping out one overclock for another in rapid succession (with a brief Palm default state in the middle imposed by the Preware uninstall) would make a Pre more prone to failure on the last-installed kernel.

Or is the whole "CPU seasoning" thing bogus?

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere--I'd never seen it addressed.

Thanks for the continued great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I never got it to boot with SR71, so I never even got a look at Govnah.
  5.    #65  
    Marco:

A question.

In the early days of overclocking (with the 800 shell script, etc.), there was talk that the CPU might take a day or so to "adjust" to a new kernel vis a vis battery drain and/or performance. I was curious, given my Pre's allergic reaction to SR71, whether swapping out one overclock for another in rapid succession (with a brief Palm default state in the middle imposed by the Preware uninstall) would make a Pre more prone to failure on the last-installed kernel.

Or is the whole "CPU seasoning" thing bogus?

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere--I'd never seen it addressed.

Thanks for the continued great work.
    That is bogus. Chips are solid-state, not vacuum tubes.

What would help tho is pulling the battery and starting fresh. Sometimes a simple "restart" doesnt reset all the components.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    So far I've gotten stable 1ghz down to 60 (1.35V), and 500mhz down to 30 (.975V) :-)
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    Thanks for the response. One more question if it's not too much to throw it out there... is it possible to add a 1.1ghz setting to the sr71 kernel? Also, is there any disadvantage to running the sr71 kernel vs the f105 if I'm not going to use the 1.2ghz setting? Thanks
    I was planning on adding 1.1gig after the current features have stablized and most code gets merged to the other kernels.

There is no advantage running SR71 for just 1gig since the overclocking code is the same at 1gig.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I was planning on adding 1.1gig after the current features have stablized and most code gets merged to the other kernels.

There is no advantage running SR71 for just 1gig since the overclocking code is the same at 1gig.
    Thanks, sounds good. Conversely, however, there shouldn't be any disadvantage to running it vs 105 if I just want to go to 1.2 infrequently though right?
    Do these govnah VDD1 VSEL settings take affect right away? How do you confirm?

edit:
    I just noticed a new version of F105 in the feed, 92 - note: (Do voltage scaling immediately after Vsel change) - installing now
    Last edited by Nightburn; 08/03/2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: new kernel version
    That is bogus. Chips are solid-state, not vacuum tubes.

What would help tho is pulling the battery and starting fresh. Sometimes a simple "restart" doesnt reset all the components.
    It seems like I can run SR71 for a day or two, but then start to get some resets after a while. I can run F105 without any problems. I might try SR71 again and pull the battery and maybe add a little juice if I experience some resets. Will report back.
    Is there I command I can type in terminal to get the current voltage. I have F105 v. 1.4.1-74. I am about to install -92 and would like a voltage bases before I mess with the voltages. -74 has been very stable, but time to update. Thanx
    I never got it to boot with SR71, so I never even got a look at Govnah.
    I am at a loss on the "ins n outs" of voltage tweaking...that's probably one step too far for me to be comfortable with. If I had an extra Pre; I would definitely try.
    I love my pre performance... It goes like this: Download the appropriate kernal, set govnah and forget it. It's like that commercial get it, set it, and forget it.
    I've been using the F105 kernel for since it came out. However, I have an issue when I open a PDF then throw it away. My Pre locks up and does a Luna restart after I discard the PDF. The strange part is there's no rhyme or reason to it. It just does it every once in a while. Anybody else have this issue? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGR8Morton View Post
    I've been using the F105 kernel for since it came out. However, I have an issue when I open a PDF then throw it away. My Pre locks up and does a Luna restart after I discard the PDF. The strange part is there's no rhyme or reason to it. It just does it every once in a while. Anybody else have this issue? Thanks in advance!
    Use the dedicated thread

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    It seems like I can run SR71 for a day or two, but then start to get some resets after a while. I can run F105 without any problems. I might try SR71 again and pull the battery and maybe add a little juice if I experience some resets. Will report back.
    Well I just tried SR71 again and after booting up, it froze and restarted after getting the fuzzy screen. I guess I'm just not man enough to fly with the SR71, lol.
    Hey, I have quick question for you Marco. If I remember correctly there was a voltage change in -82 of SR71. After this voltage change, I have always had a lot of Luna reboots and hard reboots, as well as strange black pixels forming on the screen very temporarily while I scroll down pages, texts, pictures, ect. If memory serves me right, this wasn't a problem until that particular voltage change. Do you happen to know the values I can put into Govnah in the voltage to change it back to the original voltage prior to -82?
    its very nice to see you back unixpsycho! i appreciate your efforts to make the pre experience better.
  19.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    Hey, I have quick question for you Marco. If I remember correctly there was a voltage change in -82 of SR71. After this voltage change, I have always had a lot of Luna reboots and hard reboots, as well as strange black pixels forming on the screen very temporarily while I scroll down pages, texts, pictures, ect. If memory serves me right, this wasn't a problem until that particular voltage change. Do you happen to know the values I can put into Govnah in the voltage to change it back to the original voltage prior to -82?
    -81 was Vsel=83 for 1.2GHz.
    Live free or DIE!
Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast