Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #761  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Tried installing sr71 but no luck
    Any tips to get it to boot. I tried having it charging, not charging, after a battery pull etc.
    Thanks
    I don't really know how good this is for the Pre, but if I ever had trouble getting it to install I'd put it in the freezer for 5 mins. Cool temps seem to help, however if you can't even get it to boot I'm not sure you want to try this or not. I am glad I can finally use SR71 with ondemand, it works great.
  2. #762  
    thanks! I am happily using the thunderchief right now
  3. RRaburn's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #763  
    After replacing F105-131 with 143 last week my Sprint Pre has frozen twice requiring battery pulls: once while off it would not wake up, the other time while accessing a google search. I do not use Govnah.
  4. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #764  
    I updated to the latest kernel. When I switch to a different govenor, then attempt to switch back to the screenstate v2. Govnah give an error "Invalid or missing value genericEntry". It will not switch back. I uninstalled/reinstalled both the kernel and Govnah with same result.
  5. #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I updated to the latest kernel. When I switch to a different govenor, then attempt to switch back to the screenstate v2. Govnah give an error "Invalid or missing value genericEntry". It will not switch back. I uninstalled/reinstalled both the kernel and Govnah with same result.
    Run LumberJack, and capture the messages and dbus during the period when you get the error. Post those logs.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Run LumberJack, and capture the messages and dbus during the period when you get the error. Post those logs.

    -- Rod
    Maybe I am missing something using Lumberjake, but I can not get any error to show. Even when the error is occurring with Govnah. I can try a screen shot of the message.
  7. #767  
    Will Screenstate V2 with vdemand have advantage over the vdemand govenor in AV8B Harrier II in terms of battery conserving?

    What is the diff between VDD1 and VDD2 by the way?
  8. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #768  
    I couldn't get Lamberjake to find any errors. This is what appears when I attempt to which from Ondemand back to Screenstate. When I select the saved screenstate profile I have, it also will not work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #769  
    i just updated to V1.4.5-158 of the thunderbird kernel -- so far so good -- love it but i do not seem to be able to override while on the charger -- i would really like to be able to do this -- what are the odds that this functionallity will be added back?


    thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  10.    #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i just updated to V1.4.5-158 of the thunderbird kernel -- so far so good -- love it but i do not seem to be able to override while on the charger -- i would really like to be able to do this -- what are the odds that this functionallity will be added back?


    thanks
    Is Govnah not letting you change the fields?
    Live free or DIE!
  11.    #771  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    Will Screenstate V2 with vdemand have advantage over the vdemand govenor in AV8B Harrier II in terms of battery conserving?

    What is the diff between VDD1 and VDD2 by the way?
    AV8B is more fine grained scaling that the user can define, screenstate v2 has a factor method for scaling. So in theory AV8B can give more battery savings depending on values entered, but screenstate v2 is aggressive by default and scales down when screen is off while still doing voltage scaling.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 01/11/2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Live free or DIE!
  12. #772  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    AV8B is more fine grained scaling that the user can define, screenstate v2 has a factor method for scaling.
    can you elaborate a bit more about factor method?

    i don't tweat my AV8B much.

    can F105/ screenstate v2 achieve better results?
  13.    #773  
    Quote Originally Posted by RRaburn View Post
    After replacing F105-131 with 143 last week my Sprint Pre has frozen twice requiring battery pulls: once while off it would not wake up, the other time while accessing a google search. I do not use Govnah.
    Need alot more info. what governor? speeds? etc...

    new version out, you can try upgrading.
    Live free or DIE!
  14.    #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    can you elaborate a bit more about factor method?

    i don't tweat my AV8B much.

    can F105/ screenstate v2 achieve better results?
    screenstate factor 2 means take 4 ticks off the voltage vsel number under low load, factor 1 takes 2 off the number. mid level loads cut half the value.
    vsel=(vsel-((load < 30 : 2 ? 1 ) * factor))) for example.

    F105 w/ screenstate2 is possible to get better results. Of course all this depends on user workload. Since AV8B runs full speed all the time it gets things done faster. Race-to-Idle zealots will prefer running fullspeed when screen on and off.
    Live free or DIE!
  15. #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i just updated to V1.4.5-158 of the thunderbird kernel -- so far so good -- love it but i do not seem to be able to override while on the charger -- i would really like to be able to do this -- what are the odds that this functionallity will be added back?


    thanks
    I can change the number in the box from 0 to 1 -- i am assuming that 1 would be the overide + -- it will not stick
    do you think this is a govnah problem??
    before it was a slider -- thanks for your input and your work here

    Rob
    Last edited by mespiff; 01/11/2011 at 09:31 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  16.    #776  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I can change the number in the box from 0 to 1 -- i am assuming that 1 would be the overide + -- it will not stick
    do you think this is a govnah problem??
    before it was a slider -- thanks for your input and your work here

    Rob
    in the factor field you can have 1-4. the higher the number the lower the voltage.

    If you fields arent sticking it must be Govnah upset with my new fields. Hop over to the govnah thread and mention it.
    Live free or DIE!
  17. #777  
    Unix, I am having the same issues as the guy above who couldn't do charger override. Not only can I not do charger override from changing the 0 to a 1, but I also cannot change the battery low threshold of 25%, nor can I change batt low speed to anything but 500MHz. It will let me change the numbers however the won't stick in govnah no matter what I do. Oh, I'm also stuck at 500MHz, Govnah will not allow the max speed of 1.005GHz to stick when settings are applied and the profile made.
  18. #778  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    Unix, I am having the same issues as the guy above who couldn't do charger override. Not only can I not do charger override from changing the 0 to a 1, but I also cannot change the battery low threshold of 25%, nor can I change batt low speed to anything but 500MHz. It will let me change the numbers however the won't stick in govnah no matter what I do. Oh, I'm also stuck at 500MHz, Govnah will not allow the max speed of 1.005GHz to stick when settings are applied and the profile made.
    follow me over to the govnah thread and post there too --- thansk
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  19.    #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    Unix, I am having the same issues as the guy above who couldn't do charger override. Not only can I not do charger override from changing the 0 to a 1, but I also cannot change the battery low threshold of 25%, nor can I change batt low speed to anything but 500MHz. It will let me change the numbers however the won't stick in govnah no matter what I do. Oh, I'm also stuck at 500MHz, Govnah will not allow the max speed of 1.005GHz to stick when settings are applied and the profile made.
    yes, it does the same for me too, but from the CLI you can change it.

    Blame Oil.
    Live free or DIE!
  20. #780  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Blame Oil.

    oil's already blaming whitby...





    M.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions