Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I just installed the latest update to F105 -140 and I am unable to open any 3D games. All other apps open fine, just wondering if this is just my phone acting strange or a result of the kernel?

I appreciate all the effort you guys put into making our phones better and this is the only hiccup that has occurred for me so far.

Thanks
  2.    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpoirier1 View Post
    I just installed the latest update to F105 -140 and I am unable to open any 3D games. All other apps open fine, just wondering if this is just my phone acting strange or a result of the kernel?

I appreciate all the effort you guys put into making our phones better and this is the only hiccup that has occurred for me so far.

Thanks
    Confirmed. working on it.
    Live free or DIE!
  3.    #743  
    Info on the new ondemand tickle gov in F105:

* A version of cpufreq_ondemand supporing hinting, or tickling, into
    * high performance levels based on platform defined events. This governor
    * also supports setting a temporary frequency floor for maintaining
    * minimum required performance levels while still conserving power, such
    * as may be required in codecs, com stacks, etc. Ondemand_tickle should
    * behave identically to ondemand when neither a tickel nor a floor is active.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    F105 Thunderchief

Maybe my device, but I am experiencing freezing. Several times during game play (bubble birds free) and once over night on touchstone. Battery pull required to unfreeze.

Device appears to run smooth and fine as always, when set to 1Ghz/500Mhz screen state. Freezing only occurs when set to ondemand.
  5.    #745  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    F105 Thunderchief

Maybe my device, but I am experiencing freezing. Several times during game play (bubble birds free) and once over night on touchstone. Battery pull required to unfreeze.

Device appears to run smooth and fine as always, when set to 1Ghz/500Mhz screen state. Freezing only occurs when set to ondemand.
    Try increasing the voltages. most likely for the speeds in between 700-900.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Try increasing the voltages. most likely for the speeds in between 700-900.
    I did slight increases with voltage. I'll increase more to see if that fixed the issue. Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I did slight increases with voltage. I'll increase more to see if that fixed the issue. Thank You.

What do you have them at now?

M.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    What do you have them at now?

M.
    I have increased even more then what I had it at. As of now everything appears fine. No freezing as of yet. So it appears that the voltage was causing my issues. More time will tell for sure. My current settings as of now, are...

Ondemand:
    min/max Freq: 500MHz/1.005GHz
    Sampling rate: 0.1sec
    Up Thres: 60%
    load: false
    power bias: 4

core voltage:
    1.005: 65
    900: 65
    800: 63
    700: 55
    500: 39

Vdd2: 44 36 30
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Device frooze on touchstone again. No problems running lower voltage with screen state. Only issue is when using ondemand. Will attempt higher voltage, to see if issue will resolve. If not I will keep running original screen state.

Any advice of voltages would be helpful. Thank you.
    hey quick one. Whate new is in the sr-71 1.4.5-144 kernel? And what's the defrence betwine sr-71 1.4.5- 82.

I'm running 82 right now, when I jump on 111 my phone crush and need doctor.
    Last edited by Patalach; 12/28/2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Info on the new ondemand tickle gov in F105:

* A version of cpufreq_ondemand supporing hinting, or tickling, into
    * high performance levels based on platform defined events. This governor
    * also supports setting a temporary frequency floor for maintaining
    * minimum required performance levels while still conserving power, such
    * as may be required in codecs, com stacks, etc. Ondemand_tickle should
    * behave identically to ondemand when neither a tickel nor a floor is active.
    I've been running the new ondemand tickle gov since the release. It's very impressive. I had to increase my voltages by +2 for each frequency to get it stable. This gov is easier on my battery than the screenstate gov.
    Today I was looking over at the android forums and realized that our kernel is extremely outdated, would upgrading our kernel take to much time or is that something that isn't a main concern. couple other things I seen over there was the "brain **** scheduler" over cfs and a governor called smart *** that combines your screen state with a on demand scaler that everyone over there craves about. I was wondering if any of these changes are realistic or even possibilities of yours. Thanks for all your hard work though
  13.    #753  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Today I was looking over at the android forums and realized that our kernel is extremely outdated, would upgrading our kernel take to much time or is that something that isn't a main concern. couple other things I seen over there was the "brain **** scheduler" over cfs and a governor called smart *** that combines your screen state with a on demand scaler that everyone over there craves about. I was wondering if any of these changes are realistic or even possibilities of yours. Thanks for all your hard work though
    Not going to happen.

The drivers for video, sound, DSP, etc are hardcoded (prebuilt) for the kernel version. It would take us quite a bit of effort to forward port all the Palm patches into a newer kernel. That's assuming we can force-load the binary-only modules we have no source code for.

Kernel version really doesnt matter. To a n00b newer is better. Some things are backported from newer kernels. BFS is the really only thing that *needs* a new kernel. Everything else is easily portable. Also Android's kernel can run PREEMPT, Palm's (Pre kernel) doesnt work so well.
    Live free or DIE!
    Great news, this may not work for all but it worked for me. If you weren't able to run SR-71 before but could use it awhile before it locked up or gave the rainbow screen of death, I've got a solution! If you can atleast install SR-71 set it to the ondemandtcl. I have tested this running 3D games, web browsing, ect without any problems of the past. Of course it doesn't run at a constant 1.2 but it will scale up to it when it needs to without causing incident, atleast with me!
  15.    #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    Great news, this may not work for all but it worked for me. If you weren't able to run SR-71 before but could use it awhile before it locked up or gave the rainbow screen of death, I've got a solution! If you can atleast install SR-71 set it to the ondemandtcl. I have tested this running 3D games, web browsing, ect without any problems of the past. Of course it doesn't run at a constant 1.2 but it will scale up to it when it needs to without causing incident, atleast with me!
    ondemandtcl/ondemand is the default now. Unless your Govnah profile overrides that.
    Live free or DIE!
  16.    #756  
    Quote Originally Posted by Patalach View Post
    hey quick one. Whate new is in the sr-71 1.4.5-144 kernel? And what's the defrence betwine sr-71 1.4.5- 82.

I'm running 82 right now, when I jump on 111 my phone crush and need doctor.
    It's in the release notes.

This is the last SR71 release until webOS 2.0. The -144 version will probably boot on most phones now. Of course it's still recommended to have a Terminator Pre.
    Live free or DIE!
    ondemandtcl/ondemand is the default now. Unless your Govnah profile overrides that.

I'm thankful for this as it allows me to gain some speed benefits of 1.2GHz at times without the side effects of instability, so thanks for implementing this into the kernel!
    can't wait to try sr71. My pre is a really weak pre plus so I hope it will install!
    thanks for all your hard work!
    And note that recent Govnah versions allow you to 'unstick' your profile, which means you run the default kernel parameters after the next device reboot.

-- Rod
    Tried installing sr71 but no luck
    Any tips to get it to boot. I tried having it charging, not charging, after a battery pull etc.
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!