Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Just chiming in to let Unixpsycho that my phone has crashed a couple of times using the newest update of F105. My phone froze today on the lock screen in School Mode profile, and just recently it froze while waching a youtube video in Snapdragon profile.

Code:

proc_version: Linux version 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 (v1.4.5-131@org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre) (gcc version 4.2.1 (CodeSourcery Sourcery G++ Lite 2007q3-51)) #2 Wed Nov 3 20:09:33 UTC 2010
    Current:

From Service:
    Governor: screenstate
    Scheduler: anticipatory
    Congestion: westwood
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 800 MHz
    core voltages: 59 53 46 40 30
    vdd2 vsel: 38 36 30
    temp limit: 55 C
    temp reset: 50 C
    batt low thresh: 25 %
    batt low speed: 500 MHz
    override charger: true
    compcache enabled: false
    compcache memlimit: 16 MB

Files:

cpufreq_file
    description "Govnah Settings"

start on stopped finish

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`"  = "true" ] || exit 0

echo -n 'screenstate' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n '500000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '800000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo -n '59 53 46 40 30' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/vdd1_vsel
    echo -n '38 36 30' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/vdd2_vsel
    echo -n '55' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/cpu_hightemp_alarm
    echo -n '50' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/cpu_hightemp_reset
    echo -n '25' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/battery_scaleback_percent
    echo -n '500000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/battery_scaleback_speed
    echo -n '1' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/override_charger

end script

compcache_file
    cat: can't open '/var/palm/event.d/org.webosinternals.govnah-compcache': No such file or directory

Profiles:

(26) Palm Default v6
    Governor: userspace
    min freq: 125 MHz
    max freq: 600 MHz
    setspeed: 500 MHz
    (64) World Mode 
    max freq: 700 MHz
    core voltages: 59 53 47 40 30
    vdd2 vsel: 44 36 30
    (67) School Mode 
    max freq: 500 MHz
    core voltages: 59 53 45 40 30
    vdd2 vsel: 44 36 30
    (68) Snapdragon 
    max freq: 800 MHz
    core voltages: 59 53 46 40 30
    vdd2 vsel: 38 36 30
    I dont understand.

You have your voltages set p0rnographically low but yet you have questions on why your phone is hanging/freezing?
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I dont understand.

...set p0rnographically low...
    That's a riot! That's right up there with "robustified". I'll have to add that to daily use.

Thank you!

M.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have noticed a couple of brief moments with the latest f105 that my EV data connection is out. It came back both times when i did the following....Toggle the data on/off and or used mode switcher and witch to a mode that had data off and back to on.

Came back both times for me....However, there does seem to be a problem.

are any of the voltage settings related to EV/Data hardware?
    I dont understand.

You have your voltages set p0rnographically low but yet you have questions on why your phone is hanging/freezing?
    Question answered! Thanks Unix. I'll raise my voltages.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I have noticed a couple of brief moments with the latest f105 that my EV data connection is out. It came back both times when i did the following....Toggle the data on/off and or used mode switcher and witch to a mode that had data off and back to on.

Came back both times for me....However, there does seem to be a problem.

are any of the voltage settings related to EV/Data hardware?
    That was happening to me so I switched from Westword to "Yeah" under TCP Congestion and now all is good, better than good!
  6.    #686  
    For those looking for some excitement, can try out my untested Harrier-II AV8B kernel (which I decided not to bother with).

http://unixpsycho.com/uImage-AV8B

Features vDemand govenor. it runs at full speed and does dynamic voltage scaling on CPU load (for those that are fanatical race-to-idle zealots).

You must do a memboot, I dont want to make a package. If people like it i'll make a package and a thread.
    Live free or DIE!
    just giving a update for sprint pre owners:

well I have a launch day sprint pre, (and a used one I bought 4 months ago) running sr71 min 800 max 1.2, and override batt low speed at 800. So far I have been running it for 2 months now and have never had a reboot loop, a freeze, or a great amount of lag at all. i also did nothing to the voltages they were kept stock from when the kernel was deployed. For those wanting to try it out, I have done this so far with two different sprint pres, and as long as I had the profyle min at 800, I have had no issues even with temp. Infact I believe the battery is better then the F105 kernel.
  8.    #688  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    just giving a update for sprint pre owners:

well I have a launch day sprint pre, (and a used one I bought 4 months ago) running sr71 min 800 max 1.2, and override batt low speed at 800. So far I have been running it for 2 months now and have never had a reboot loop, a freeze, or a great amount of lag at all. i also did nothing to the voltages they were kept stock from when the kernel was deployed. For those wanting to try it out, I have done this so far with two different sprint pres, and as long as I had the profyle min at 800, I have had no issues even with temp. Infact I believe the battery is better then the F105 kernel.
    "race-to-idle"

I'd might as well beat certain users' to the punch

YMMV.
    Live free or DIE!
    "race-to-idle"

I'd might as well beat certain users' to the punch

YMMV.

Race t...

Damn.

M.
    I dont understand.

lol !
    About to test this kernel now, what speed does it run at and does it have the newer features like vdd2 overclock, truecrypt and such? Got one bug to report, just booted into it from memboot and it erased all my govnah profiles. Aside from that it feels snappy so far.

Last edited by xadjustx; 11/19/2010 at 08:52 PM.
  12.    #692  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    About to test this kernel now, what speed does it run at and does it have the newer features like vdd2 overclock, truecrypt and such? Got one bug to report, just booted into it from memboot and it erased all my govnah profiles. Aside from that it feels snappy so far.
    That would be a bug in Govnah as this kernel isnt being installed. Nor does Govnah know about the new govenor. All I can say is none of my Profiles were erased. Installing a kernel wont make Govnah profiles disappear.

I did not include anything else since this is a testing kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Save & Restore fixed the Govnah problem. Had my phone off the charger last night, and let it idle. It went from 97% to 91% this is with Airplane mode on & no apps running. 6% idle over 5 and a half hours. Temp stayed at and around 39 the entire time. Would be nice for this to be updated and made into a package.
    question when tethering with my sprint pre running sr71 at 1.2ghz the temp went up to 52-54 degrees. Now it stopped at that degree, and my download speeds were fast. Now is that too high, even if it stopped at 54 the highest? I ask because when I do throttle it back down to 700 or 500, of course the temp is better around 42-44, but my download speeds suffer.
    Been using the AV8B all day and I have to say it's amazing. Doesn't score quite as high on sunspider as F105 did but it feels a lot snappier. The battery life was exceptional. Unplugged my phone at 5:30, made a few calls and did some web browsing and at 10:30 it was at 87%. The only thing I did was turn off compcache. I'm going to continue testing this and will post if I have issues.

Couple questions: How does the voltage scaling work exactly? How does the processor wear compare to the 1GHz screenstate kernels?
    Last edited by A.Stice; 11/21/2010 at 12:58 AM.
  16.    #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Stice View Post
    Been using the AV8B all day and I have to say it's amazing. Doesn't score quite as high on sunspider as F105 did but it feels a lot snappier. The battery life was exceptional. Unplugged my phone at 5:30, made a few calls and did some web browsing and at 10:30 it was at 87%. The only thing I did was turn off compcache. I'm going to continue testing this and will post if I have issues.

Couple questions: How does the voltage scaling work exactly? How does the processor wear compare to the 1GHz screenstate kernels?
    AV8B isnt going for speed records but should perform the same as F105 at full voltage (CPU load). This is a test of voltage scaling outside of SmartReflex, which doesnt work in this kernel version & webOS combination. Voltage scaling while running at full speed is what I was playing with. If I hear good results, i'll send the patches upstream and have it in Preware.

There are 3 variables under Govnah. Those mean vsel settings at High, Med, & Low CPU load. Of course it can be tweaked.

The wear on the CPU is the same since you are overclocking as usual.
    Live free or DIE!
    AV8B isnt going for speed records but should perform the same as F105 at full voltage (CPU load). This is a test of voltage scaling outside of SmartReflex, which doesnt work in this kernel version & webOS combination. Voltage scaling while running at full speed is what I was playing with. If I hear good results, i'll send the patches upstream and have it in Preware.

There are 3 variables under Govnah. Those mean vsel settings at High, Med, & Low CPU load. Of course it can be tweaked.

The wear on the CPU is the same since you are overclocking as usual.
    Ok, and how does the kernel know when the CPU is at high, mid or low? I mean, I'd like to know the moment another voltage kicks in.

My value for 1Ghz is 60 on thunderbird, that's the lower I could get, so, what's the advantage of setting the voltages higher than that? (I saw the low voltage is 60, and the high is 68). It works at 60 fine, I don't see the point of going higher, does it run "better" under high loads with higher voltages?

Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 11/21/2010 at 10:12 PM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  18.    #698  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, and how does the kernel know when the CPU is at high, mid or low? I mean, I'd like to know the moment another voltage kicks in.

My value for 1Ghz is 60 on thunderbird, that's the lower I could get, so, what's the advantage of setting the voltages higher than that? (I saw the low voltage is 60, and the high is 68). It works at 60 fine, I don't see the point of going higher, does it run "better" under high loads with higher voltages?

Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    You can test going lower on the voltage for the "low" scale. Those 3 numbers worked stable for me with good battery life, i'm sure it can go lower.

CPU util: 0-30%=low, 31-70%=med, 71-100%=high.
    Live free or DIE!
    Dying for a package kernel, having to memboot every time switch batteries is becoming troublesome! Please Unix!
  20.    #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Dying for a package kernel, having to memboot every time switch batteries is becoming troublesome! Please Unix!
    Well i'm not hearing any real feedback on whether it's worth it or not.

Plus the webOS 2.0 code has been released so there won't be any packages for a while until we port all the patches.
    Live free or DIE!