Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I am seeing the same behavior (no EVDO) on F105.129. It does run smoother though and I think it has better battery life than F105.119 but that is probably due to no EVDO.
    No EVDO issues with F105-130 on VZW preplus
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Thanks for the bug report.

Telling someone after the fact to use some other kernel doesnt help developers track a bug they dont know about.
    Sorry, Unixpro. I didn't intend to suggest folks switch to UK from F105. I am at work and had to switch kernels quickly and I don't have access to prior F105 builds. I have been a happy F105 user for several months without problems. I switched last nite at home to the latest F105 build, but being on WiFi at home I was unaware that I had lost OTA data connection until I was at work. I plan on switching back to F105 in the next build, hopefully tonite. Thanks for all the great work you've done with your various OC kernels.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Got home and just updated my Pre to F105-131. Then I got off WiFi and lost my data connection again. Tried 1000/500, 800/500 with no success in getting data connection back. Removed F105, rebooted in default Palm kernel and no problem getting data connection again.
    Just wanted to chime in and say that F105 (latest) is the absolute best kernel out there hands down. Its faster, more battery efficient, no lag and it seems that its also the most updated kernel branch. I don't know if anyone here recognizes me from XDA-DEV. I used to make ROMs for WinMO, now I'm a Palm user, and never been happier
    Quote Originally Posted by NFSFAN View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and say that F105 (latest) is the absolute best kernel out there hands down. Its faster, more battery efficient, no lag and it seems that its also the most updated kernel branch. I don't know if anyone here recognizes me from XDA-DEV. I used to make ROMs for WinMO, now I'm a Palm user, and never been happier
    I remember you, I consistently used your Roms for the Vogue you stayed having great quality work.
  7.    #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQMD View Post
    Got home and just updated my Pre to F105-131. Then I got off WiFi and lost my data connection again. Tried 1000/500, 800/500 with no success in getting data connection back. Removed F105, rebooted in default Palm kernel and no problem getting data connection again.
    Did you try messing with voltages? I would hate to think your Pre cant handle it? Also always do a battery pull, i think it was mentioned somewhere.

Are any other users having success with -131 or whichever?
    Live free or DIE!
  8.    #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by NFSFAN View Post
    I spent my time in the Treo 700w/wx forum cooking in the kitchen.
    Live free or DIE!
    I love the new version. I used Jauder's Warthog kernel for the longest time, but after build -117, I started getting horrible battery life. I reinstalled it recently to see if anything's changed. I had it at 100% this morning, by 3:45 it was at 38%, with 1 text sent. (I don't blame him)

With F105, it's at 100% in the morning, by 7:30 with like 20 texts sent, data turned on at least once for Twee check, it's at 93%. Doing good man.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    131 still shots the Data connection. It was whatever was changed going from 125 to 129, maybe manual ram isn't good for limited amount of palm ram/
    Did you try messing with voltages? I would hate to think your Pre cant handle it? Also always do a battery pull, i think it was mentioned somewhere.

131 working just fine so far...
    working fine for me as well.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I spent my time in the Treo 700w/wx forum cooking in the kitchen.
    working ok for me....119 was a bit faster though....
  14.    #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    working ok for me....119 was a bit faster though....
    did you drop the 200MHz vdd2 slot to 0x26 and the 1GHz vdd1 slot to 0x43? Also check your profiles to see if compcache is enabled, that causes a little bit of lag.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

I didn't want to give up, so I reinstalled F105 -131. I had voltages set for 1.005 at 1350 and 500 at 1150, which had worked well for my first day Pre on prior F105s. Again lost data connection. went up for 1.005 to 1450, and then 1550, but still no data connection. Oh well. I never had a Chuck Norris Pre, but never had a problem at 1Ghz. Maybe my Pre is getting tired?
    I experienced the no EVDO issue on F105-129. I downgraded today to F105-110, EVDO worked and it was a bit slower than 119-129. Tonight I used Preware to install Palm Default, did restart, used Preware to install F105-131. EVDO now works. I did not change any of the voltage settings. I then turned compache off and things seem smooth. I turned wifi on and off a number of times to test EVDO and EVDO works every time for me on 131.
    F105 with no compache working GREAT so far, I will report back tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    did you drop the 200MHz vdd2 slot to 0x26 and the 1GHz vdd1 slot to 0x43? Also check your profiles to see if compcache is enabled, that causes a little bit of lag.
    Just did it..Things seems like lightning now...
    My Settings are:

vdd1
    67 66 65 60 48
    vdd2
    38 36 30

CompCache off
    500/100 screenstate

I currently have 14 apps open including Angry Birds. I am using mode switcher to automatically launch all these apps for my Morning Ritual.

All is well so far....
    Reporting back on my experience on F105-131. This is a great kernel, the only new issue that I have found is streaming internet radio (using Broadcast radio) over EVDO on the way to work. I noticed more dropping of the stream, very choppy and I would lose the stream sooner when approaching areas of poor signal. So I started messing around with TCP congestion settings using info from this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2717009

Westwood: Original setting, choppy stream but quick to switch stations
    Reno: More choppy
    Vegas: Less choppy but still experienced a few drops, slow to switch stations
    Illinois: About the same as Vegas, slower to switch stations
    Yeah: Best one yet, no drops in the stream, but not too slow on switching stations.

All these tests were performed in the same location with 4 bars on the radio indicator. I turned off the phone radio in between tests. I realize these tests are subject to numerous external factors such as sprint network load, back bone load and server load. It seems as though the internet (fiber from work) is a bit slow today.
    Just chiming in to let Unixpsycho that my phone has crashed a couple of times using the newest update of F105. My phone froze today on the lock screen in School Mode profile, and just recently it froze while waching a youtube video in Snapdragon profile.

Code:

proc_version: Linux version 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 (v1.4.5-131@org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre) (gcc version 4.2.1 (CodeSourcery Sourcery G++ Lite 2007q3-51)) #2 Wed Nov 3 20:09:33 UTC 2010
    Current:

From Service:
    Governor: screenstate
    Scheduler: anticipatory
    Congestion: westwood
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 800 MHz
    core voltages: 59 53 46 40 30
    vdd2 vsel: 38 36 30
    temp limit: 55 C
    temp reset: 50 C
    batt low thresh: 25 %
    batt low speed: 500 MHz
    override charger: true
    compcache enabled: false
    compcache memlimit: 16 MB

Files:

cpufreq_file
    description "Govnah Settings"

start on stopped finish

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`"  = "true" ] || exit 0

echo -n 'screenstate' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n '500000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '800000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo -n '59 53 46 40 30' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/vdd1_vsel
    echo -n '38 36 30' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/vdd2_vsel
    echo -n '55' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/cpu_hightemp_alarm
    echo -n '50' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/cpu_hightemp_reset
    echo -n '25' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/battery_scaleback_percent
    echo -n '500000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/battery_scaleback_speed
    echo -n '1' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/override_charger

end script

compcache_file
    cat: can't open '/var/palm/event.d/org.webosinternals.govnah-compcache': No such file or directory

Profiles:

(26) Palm Default v6
    Governor: userspace
    min freq: 125 MHz
    max freq: 600 MHz
    setspeed: 500 MHz
    (64) World Mode 
    Governor: screenstate
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 700 MHz
    core voltages: 59 53 47 40 30
    vdd2 vsel: 44 36 30