Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    This is probably due to the VDD2 overclock. More scientific numbers would help... otherwise I would call it a placebo.
    I received multiple random battery percentage drops to 0% from 78%, 65% and 54% after installing f105-119 and running it for a week. I uninstalled and went back to the latest Uber and have not had another random drop to 0 since.
  2. #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    35 mins isnt a good sample.

    Although the -125 release is less battery hungry.
    Which I totally understand. It was just a prelim post seeing as how I have never experienced that kind of drain with any kernel before. Could be a fluke, I'll continue on and see if she evens her keel before reporting back.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  3. #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    Which I totally understand. It was just a prelim post seeing as how I have never experienced that kind of drain with any kernel before. Could be a fluke, I'll continue on and see if she evens her keel before reporting back.

    Just to ask: have you done a clean shutdown and pulled out you battery for 10 or so seconds?


    M.
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    I received multiple random battery percentage drops to 0% from 78%, 65% and 54% after installing f105-119 and running it for a week. I uninstalled and went back to the latest Uber and have not had another random drop to 0 since.
    That's interesting...because people reported Uber doing the same thing as what you're saying F105 does.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 10/31/2010 at 09:18 AM.
    Live free or DIE!
  5. #645  
    Originally Posted by delete2end:
    I received multiple random battery percentage drops to 0% from 78%, 65% and 54% after installing f105-119 and running it for a week. I uninstalled and went back to the latest Uber and have not had another random drop to 0 since.

    Originally Posted by RUSH:
    I haven't notice any extra battery drain than the usual. Maybe because my pre is mostly on charge.

    I'll check out both kernels > and see the difference.(If battery drain rapidly or the same).

    regards,
    [i]--Sent from my palm pre2
  6. #646  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Just to ask: have you done a clean shutdown and pulled out you battery for 10 or so seconds?


    M.
    Yes I have. Still testing...
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  7. #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    I received multiple random battery percentage drops to 0% from 78%, 65% and 54% after installing f105-119 and running it for a week. I uninstalled and went back to the latest Uber and have not had another random drop to 0 since.
    What does Dr Battery report for the health and calibration of your battery?

    -- Rod
  8. #648  
    Update: After running Thunderchief for almost 7hrs.(Fully charge battery) I didn't notice any rapid battery drain. I'm at 45% charge, and that is with mostly heavy usage.

    Will be running uberkernal 1ghz.. to see the difference.
  9. #649  
    The latest Thunderchief is pretty nice. I had to nix Blackbird after realizing my Pre was not a Chuck Norris Pre. No voltage throttling could save it from Preware & my SNES emulator.
  10. Jhines77's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #650  
    Is anyone else experiencing weird hiccups in music playback or ringtone playback since the drop in vdd2 voltage in 1.4.5-125 on F105? It seems that since the update the song will randomly make odd noises and skip to the next song in the playlist. idk if the drop in voltage is causing this or not. My screenstate is 500-700 and has been running fine until the update.
  11. #651  
    Yes, I have been noticing slight pauses when a ringtone gets triggered while listening to music. Other weird pauses happen while scrolling on web pages. I think this has been happening on 119 and 125. Also the battery life is not as good as it was before 119.
  12. #652  
    Update 2: Run uberkernal all day at 1ghz, couldn't find anything different than the usual pathetic battery drain.(We always have with our phones)

    If I'm having any unusual happenings with a specific kernel, then I'll just remove and re-install it... to see if that fixes the problem.

    regards;

    [i]--Sent from my palm pre2
  13. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #653  
    Can we get an option to make VDD2 configurable for the user? I guess Govnah would also need an update. The previous VDD2 setting seemed optimal for my pre. Now...there is a slight stutter and lag sometimes.

    Edit: The previous F105 made me think I had hit the Jackpot on my Sprint Pre. (zero lag and very very zippy and battery drain did not seem any worse to me with screenstate 500/1000.5Mhz.)
    Last edited by navinag; 11/02/2010 at 04:22 PM.
  14. #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Can we get an option to make VDD2 configurable for the user? I guess Govnah would also need an update. The previous VDD2 setting seemed optimal for my pre. Now...there is a slight stutter and lag sometimes.
    I've been working on that, and I haven't been able to get a stable VDD2 transition to work yet - the kernel crashes in an unexplained way when I try and transition from one VDD2 value to another.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've been working on that, and I haven't been able to get a stable VDD2 transition to work yet - the kernel crashes in an unexplained way when I try and transition from one VDD2 value to another.

    -- Rod
    Then what about setting it on a reboot only.
    Also a decoder ring for VDD2 values based on the F105 versions would be nice so we could choose the one that worked the best for us. I realize this could be done by trial an error but it would save the end users some time if they new which version of a particular kernel worked best for them.

    --navinag
  16. #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Then what about setting it on a reboot only.
    It's the same issue. A kernel has to boot before it can read any settings, at which point it's a transition like at any other time afterwards.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's the same issue. A kernel has to boot before it can read any settings, at which point it's a transition like at any other time afterwards.

    -- Rod
    Yeah..It just occurred to me after i posted........
  18. #658  
    Since updating from f105-125 I can not get a data connection on a Sprint palm Pre. 129 & 130 both disables my EV connection. I've tried both, I've tried going back to Palm Kernel and going to both. I've tried deleting the profile, and having it on the standard. Tried all the different TCP profiles. Tried pulling my battery out for 10 seconds and putting it back in. The only way to get my data connection back is to go back to 125.
  19. ABQMD's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #659  
    Re: xadjustx
    I had the exact same issue with the most recent F105: no data connection. I deleted F105, and switched to the latest UK Pre1.4.5-124 and no problems with EV connection.
  20.    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQMD View Post
    Re: xadjustx
    I had the exact same issue with the most recent F105: no data connection. I deleted F105, and switched to the latest UK Pre1.4.5-124 and no problems with EV connection.
    Thanks for the bug report.

    Telling someone after the fact to use some other kernel doesnt help developers track a bug they dont know about.
    Live free or DIE!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions