Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    vdd2 is not user-selectable.

Try increasing the 1GHz voltage slot to see if the restarts go away, if not please report it.
    Will do. I haven't changed the voltage yet, but where I noticed the restarts was when scrolling through pages. It happened three times, so far. It stopped between pages for about 2 seconds then did a luna restart. I have also noticed a couple of times where the screen won't turn on and the front of the screen feels warm. A battery pull seems to fix it. Normally, it would seem to do this a couple of days after installing an update. It happens once, then after doing a battery pull, it never happens again until the next time I update. In the instance of 119, it has happened 3 times since the update. The lastest one was a couple of hours ago. The LED was still flashing that I had an email, but I couldn't get the screen to come on either by power button or by opening the slider. Warm screen, too. It appeared to be locked up, but the LED still flashed the two flashes every couple of seconds like normal. Did a battery pull and it came back like normal. Temps each time it locked were around 44. After doing battery pull, it went back to 28.

The only other things I have done lately are to update to the latest version of the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch and to install the two new volume tweaks patches. I don't know that those would cause this type of problem, and I haven't seen anything in their threads about any similar issues, but I just thought I mention this since I did it about the same time as when I updated to 119.

Update: I moved the 1GHz voltage up 1 notch. I had 1 reboot so far, but I'm not sure if I was supposed to do a full reboot after the change. After the reboot, things seem better. The pages sometimes still seem to scroll slower than with the previous version, but they seem to get faster if I keep scrolling them back and forth and the one time it froze, it was only for a second and then it unfroze and no reboot. Should I consider raising the voltage any higher? What will happen if I get it too high?
    Last edited by Suzannesstud; 10/25/2010 at 06:57 PM.
    Can someone explain why screenstate is the only mode enabled in the experimental kernels? Sorry to seem like a noob, but I was using UK + Performance mode until just now and wanted to see what the screenstate was for.

Also,

You have already voided your warranty long ago by installing *any* overclocking kernel; stable or otherwise. You already knocked off a year of life.
    So I knocked a year off its life. How long is it supposed to last?
    Last edited by harrisonp; 10/26/2010 at 12:46 PM.
  3.    #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonp View Post
    Can someone explain why screenstate is the only mode enabled in the experimental kernels? Sorry to seem like a noob, but I was using UK + Performance mode until just now and wanted to see what the screenstate was for.
    Depends on which one of my kernels, F104 has all governors enabled. The others I wanted to focus on screenstate changes.
    Live free or DIE!
    Man it is going to be tough when webOS 2.0 comes out and I have to bump down to 500mhz until an overclocked kernel is available. 1ghz is really a sweet spot for webOS.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    So I'm running SR71 and it is fantastic. The only bug I encounter is when I am loading Preware. I get a loop reset every time I try to load the Palm catalog. Disabling it makes Preware load up just fine.
  6.    #626  
    So I'm running SR71 and it is fantastic. The only bug I encounter is when I am loading Preware. I get a loop reset every time I try to load the Palm catalog. Disabling it makes Preware load up just fine.
    Increase the voltage in the 1.2GHz slot.
    Live free or DIE!
  7.    #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Man it is going to be tough when webOS 2.0 comes out and I have to bump down to 500mhz until an overclocked kernel is available. 1ghz is really a sweet spot for webOS.
    All depends on how fast Palm/HP releases the source code.
    Live free or DIE!
    All depends on how fast Palm/HP releases the source code.
    and/or someone in France huries up and downloads the doctor...

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    and/or someone in France huries up and downloads the doctor...

M.
    There's no 'or' - you need source code to compile kernels. Doctor is necessary, but not sufficient.

-- Rod
    Is there a conflict between SR71 and Advanced Configuration for App Launcher? When I organize my apps they reset to an unorganized state after a luna restart.
  11.    #631  
    Is there a conflict between SR71 and Advanced Configuration for App Launcher? When I organize my apps they reset to an unorganized state after a luna restart.
    No. But if your Pre crashed in a bad way then the database could be corrupted.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    I had the same issue while testing SR71. Every reboot or Luna restart would reset launcher page, also it would remove any added pages. Went back to F105 and that problem is gone now. F105-88 so far is working flawlessly.
    Well it's the same problem this guy has basically -- how then would I go about restoring the database?

EDIT: Just had to delete the two database files. Thank you forums.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...doctoring.html
    Last edited by harrisonp; 10/27/2010 at 09:10 AM.
    Does raising the voltage too high only cause more battery drain, or will it cause any other kind of noticeable issue? I have raised the voltage 2 notches and the odd restarts on F105 appear to be gone and temps seem normal. I haven't taken it any higher because I don't want to do anything that might hurt the phone.
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    Does raising the voltage too high only cause more battery drain, or will it cause any other kind of noticeable issue? I have raised the voltage 2 notches and the odd restarts on F105 appear to be gone and temps seem normal. I haven't taken it any higher because I don't want to do anything that might hurt the phone.
    I wouldnt go above 1.8V.
    Live free or DIE!
    This isn't too scientific but I am noticing increased battery drain on F105.119, I'm on the Sprint Pre.
  16.    #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    This isn't too scientific but I am noticing increased battery drain on F105.119, I'm on the Sprint Pre.
    This is probably due to the VDD2 overclock. More scientific numbers would help... otherwise I would call it a placebo.
    Live free or DIE!
    Cool, I'd like to do some real testing on this. I apologize if this is explained elsewhere, but is there a safe way via Preware to revert to the previous version of F105?
    wow. F105 has impressed me again. Coming from UK1GHz and playing with F102, latest F105 is blisteringly fast. I'm thinking it could be the speedier RAM, but it is just so responsive and alert now, even more so than UK1GHz. I'll continue testing but I've got to say I really think I've found my Pre's sweet-spot (or sweet-kernel). I'm glad these two play nice together so far. Kudos!

EDIT: After a little play, it seems this new F105 version is extremely battery hungry. Along the lines of ~15-20% after thirty-five minutes of mild browsing at 60 brightness on 3G.
    Last edited by smknutson; 10/30/2010 at 07:47 PM.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
  19.    #639  
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    wow. F105 has impressed me again. Coming from UK1GHz and playing with F102, latest F105 is blisteringly fast. I'm thinking it could be the speedier RAM, but it is just so responsive and alert now, even more so than UK1GHz. I'll continue testing but I've got to say I really think I've found my Pre's sweet-spot (or sweet-kernel). I'm glad these two play nice together so far. Kudos!

EDIT: After a little play, it seems this new F105 version is extremely battery hungry. Along the lines of ~15-20% after thirty-five minutes of mild browsing at 60 brightness on 3G.
    35 mins isnt a good sample.

Although the -125 release is less battery hungry.
    Live free or DIE!
    This is probably due to the VDD2 overclock. More scientific numbers would help... otherwise I would call it a placebo.
    I received multiple random battery percentage drops to 0% from 78%, 65% and 54% after installing f105-119 and running it for a week. I uninstalled and went back to the latest Uber and have not had another random drop to 0 since.