Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #601  
    For those installing the -119 version of F105 and are stuck in a boot loop, pull the battery.
    Live free or DIE!
    Hey unix, Any chance youve been able to test 2.0 to see if we can run this on Pre+ (sorry sr71)? Im running 1.2 on FrankenPre. I want to install the 2.0 dr (when available) but I dont want to run at 500mhz ever again! lol

Just wondering if the kernel changed much or at all, Do you have to actually have the Dr. to test w/? or can you just work w/ the SDK?

you can Pm me in the dev forum if the response is covered in the NDA. Thanks
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Hey unix, Any chance youve been able to test 2.0 to see if we can run this on Pre+ (sorry sr71)? Im running 1.2 on FrankenPre. I want to install the 2.0 dr (when available) but I dont want to run at 500mhz ever again! lol

Just wondering if the kernel changed much or at all, Do you have to actually have the Dr. to test w/? or can you just work w/ the SDK?

For overclocking development, you not only need the device kernel binary (which is not in the emulator), but you need the kernel source code as well.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

We have no special deals with Palm/HP... so we have nothing.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I have a quick/noob question.
    My phone cant handle the 1.2GHz sadly, but i CAN handle the 104A 1.1 GHz... However that causes its battery to drain really fast.

What voltage settings should I try to not lose battery at 11% an hour? currently i have Uberkernel and its a very nice 2.3% per hour.

I intend to the 500Mhz-1.1Ghz screenstate setting
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    I have a quick/noob question.
    My phone cant handle the 1.2GHz sadly, but i CAN handle the 104A 1.1 GHz... However that causes its battery to drain really fast.

What voltage settings should I try to not lose battery at 11% an hour? currently i have Uberkernel and its a very nice 2.3% per hour.

I intend to the 500Mhz-1.1Ghz screenstate setting
    Every phone is different so there really is not a magic number that anyone can give you. So users have posted their voltages in the thread so you could start with those.

It truly is a trial and error system that may take you a couple of days of tweaking to discover.

I would suggest testing your speed with the 1GHZ Uber and the 1.1Ghz F104A using WebOs Mark (found in Preware). You will not likely see very much difference in speed and considering what your stated battery drain is; you should probably move back to Uber.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Every phone is different so there really is not a magic number that anyone can give you. So users have posted their voltages in the thread so you could start with those.

It truly is a trial and error system that may take you a couple of days of tweaking to discover.

I would suggest testing your speed with the 1GHZ Uber and the 1.1Ghz F104A using WebOs Mark (found in Preware). You will not likely see very much difference in speed and considering what your stated battery drain is; you should probably move back to Uber.
    I'm actually currently using Thunderchief, it behaves a lot smoother for me than Uber even though Uber has all the best parts of thunderchief. Im not sure what thats about but Im not complaining.

Also thunderchief just got that update with the 200MHz overclock of vdd2 and thats a good thing!

Thanks for all your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    I'm actually currently using Thunderchief, it behaves a lot smoother for me than Uber even though Uber has all the best parts of thunderchief. Im not sure what thats about but Im not complaining.

Also thunderchief just got that update with the 200MHz overclock of vdd2 and thats a good thing!

Thanks for all your help!
    How much of a change is the 200MHz overclock of vdd2 and what changes exactly would that overclock cause that would be noticeable to the user? In essence, what did that do? Just curious.
    @shaikh
    I too may go back to TChief. Not having issues with starfighter but my subjective experience makes me think my pre like F105 better.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    @shaikh
    I too may go back to TChief. Not having issues with starfighter but my subjective experience makes me think my pre like F105 better.

In my experience, Thunderchief is BY FAR the best Kernel for my Pre Minus - and I've been using almost everything 'Psycho has thrown at our devices since February or so. I don't know what it is about it but it seems to be the snappiest and least draining. I just can't use it anymore because it only has the ScreenState governor and if you look back a page or two, you'll see my conversation with 'Psycho on why I can't use it (long story short - seems to be a regression in the 1.4.5 sound system).

M.
    I have had "sound" issues with F102 Starfighter; but I thought that perhaps it was more related to the sconix's Advanced System patch. Recent updates to that seem to have addressed my issues with the sound.

Just went back to TChief this morning and tweaked the voltages a little bit. I will report back on the experience.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    How much of a change is the 200MHz overclock of vdd2 and what changes exactly would that overclock cause that would be noticeable to the user? In essence, what did that do? Just curious.
    I would like some more information on this too, if anyone cares to give a quick explanation. My searches thus far haven't turned up much.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I've been running sr71 for a while and notice I get the phone touching it self issue after removing from the touchstone more when running sr71 then stock kernel.

Has anyone else seen this? I end up restarting my phone every time and is very annoying :^( Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    I've been running sr71 for a while and notice I get the phone touching it self issue after removing from the touchstone more when running sr71 then stock kernel.

Has anyone else seen this? I end up restarting my phone every time and is very annoying :^( Thanks.
    I get this even with the stock kernel when my Pre gets fairly hot
  15.    #615  
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Might be smoother 3D games. I havent noticed much gain with the GPU overclock, but others may.
    Live free or DIE!
    Sorry that I need this reminder:

I had been on SR71 which was working for the most part.

I had tried Uber, no good for me. I tried Warthog, not good for me.

A long time ago, I used F105 so I want to test this now.

My question: I sort of remember that there was one kernel that did not require Govnah. I just want to make sure if I need Govnah with F105 or not.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

UNIXSYCHO Im sure I speak for most when I say this, but as Webos 2.0 approaches let me and anyone else know what funding support you may need for those updated kernels. As well as speaking with ROD if the Pre 2 only comes to Verizon we talked about swapping the boards over from the Pre 2 to the sprint pre since Rod stated the componets are the same size it should be able to be done.
    I have a question on the lastest F105 119 version. Since installing this one, I have had a few odd restarts. None from previous versions. Not sure if 119 is causing it, but I remember the changelog saying that the vdd2 sel was changed on this one. I have not made any voltage tweaks and have always ran the original settings since installation of the first version and for each update that makes changes. Does anyone remember what the vdd2 and other settings were before 119 changed it? The options I have are 1005, 900, 800, 700, and 500MHz settings. I'm not sure which of these has changed (assuming it is one or more of these and not something internal and uneditable that was changed in 119).
    Last edited by Suzannesstud; 10/24/2010 at 09:51 PM.
  19.    #619  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Sorry that I need this reminder:

I had been on SR71 which was working for the most part.

I had tried Uber, no good for me. I tried Warthog, not good for me.

A long time ago, I used F105 so I want to test this now.

My question: I sort of remember that there was one kernel that did not require Govnah. I just want to make sure if I need Govnah with F105 or not.

Thanks!

Rob
    F102 was the kernel that I recommended not needing Govnah.

It's your preference to use Govnah or not, F105 & SR71 run fine without it, if you dont mind default profiles. F104 i recommend it.
    Live free or DIE!
  20.    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    I have a question on the lastest F105 119 version. Since installing this one, I have had a few odd restarts. None from previous versions. Not sure if 119 is causing it, but I remember the changelog saying that the vdd2 sel was changed on this one. I have not made any voltage tweaks and have always ran the original settings since installation of the first version and for each update that makes changes. Does anyone remember what the vdd2 and other settings were before 119 changed it? The options I have are 1005, 900, 800, 700, and 500MHz settings. I'm not sure which of these has changed (assuming it is one or more of these and not something internal and uneditable that was changed in 119).
    vdd2 is not user-selectable.

Try increasing the 1GHz voltage slot to see if the restarts go away, if not please report it.
    Live free or DIE!