Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #41  
    I've wanted to run SR71 for the longest time, but I'm afraid my Pre isn't a strong Pre so I ran F105 & man!! I love it! It's really fast! Thank you unixpsycho!!
  2. #42  
    I already voided my warranty, actually, I don't think I had warranty in the first place. So, I'll try this and see if it better then the Uber.
  3. #43  
    Hey Unix. Good to see you around. =)
    I just updated to 88, restarted, and tried to put my phone into USB mode, but no go. Forcing USB would not work either. Pulled battery, and all good now. FWIW
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  4. #44  
    on the road today - still lovin Thunderchief 88.
    While in the passenger seat today, had the pre charging while tethering. (Juice to the touchstone was cut down b/c using a power inverter off the same cig power port via a splitter; as a result the Pre as running at 1GHz as reported by Govnah.)
    Temps - 35-45 degrees based on load/signal/receiving an email while also tethered.

    Later, no splitter, Pre on Touchstone -
    GPS, Google Maps, and light surfing and email usage -
    getting pretty warm, there. Govnah reporting Pre running at 500MHz as expected;
    processor temps ranging upwards of 47-51-54 degrees (battery temps pretty consistent at 47-49 degrees).

    [off topic re: this particular touchstone seems to run so hot; not sure it's because of juice coming from stock Pre cig lighter charger, or the touchstone itself; could cook bacon on that thing most days, even after just a few minutes of charging. I know I need to swap it out with another one of my touchstones to see. Thinking of mounting this in front of the a/c vent in the car.]
  5. #45  
    loving my Thunderchief 88.
  6. #46  
    Loving Thunderchief 91. Thanks for the great work so far.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    oh actually I did have the issue where my battery was at 25% I think and then it went to 0%. It was at 0% for about an hour so I think something weird happened there.
    I get this w/ an old Centro battery and uberkernel. So I don't think it's necessarily an SR71 or F105 problem. The old Centro battery has been used A LOT.
  8. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #48  
    I've been having some random restarts for the past two days (when I installed 105). I've been using a 500 700 screenstate split with memcacheon a sprint pre. There are confounding probs such as a recent install of internalz and filemanager at the same time. Restarts are typically happening under heavy load. Eg: tap call on a contacts card then tap end call immediately then tap the phone number again by acident (restart). Open cfg maps (restart), slide up slider after receiving tweet via badkitty. Definitely occurring during io activity but fairly random. I am only using userstate default in govnah now and will observe for the next two days if restarts occur. - I hope this is considered somewhat useful and I am not clogging up your thread
  9. #49  
    I've played around with it, 60voltage is the lowest i can go to on 1.2ghz. played around some more and I found the settings that produce the least amount of instant reboots. I'm essentially running 1.2ghz at lower voltage than I was running 1.005mhz at.


    Last edited by xadjustx; 08/03/2010 at 01:31 AM.
  10. #50  
    I will try voltage settings to optimise them with my palm pre +

    Before all, many many thanks for your hard work Unixpsycho and all the kernel team.
    Last edited by Schmurtz; 08/03/2010 at 03:04 AM.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    I've played around with it, 60voltage is the lowest i can go to on 1.2ghz. played around some more and I found the settings that produce the least amount of instant reboots. I'm essentially running 1.2ghz at lower voltage than I was running 1.005mhz at.

    BTW, the VDD1 VSEL stuff I added to Govnah 0.6.2 is not finished yet. I just put a manual settings text box in there to start with. Later on Brandon intends on turning it into a set of individual voltage value selectors (one per frequency).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #52  
    My Pre finally proved not to be as tough as Chuck
    Had been running TChief F105(all versions) without a hiccup and was running SR71; but at 1.05 rather than 1.2.Ghz

    Took the plunge yesterday afternoon and used Govnah to 'bump' the SR71 to 1.2Ghz.
    For 15 minutes, it was unreal how fast it was.

    Then the phone borked and got stuck in the infinite reboot of deth.
    Finishing up a doctor visit now (1st ever!!)
    Will have to go back to TChief F105 -88

    - T
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Took the plunge yesterday afternoon and used Govnah to 'bump' the SR71 to 1.2Ghz.
    For 15 minutes, it was unreal how fast it was.

    Then the phone borked and got stuck in the infinite reboot of deth.
    Finishing up a doctor visit now (1st ever!!)
    I'd be interested to know how that device got into a reboot loop, cause the fail-safe in the sticky profile settings is meant to disable the sticky settings after an unclean boot.

    Oh, hang on, I now why. SR71 *defaults* to 1.2GHz on boot if there are no sticky settings to tell it otherwise. Caveat Emptor

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I've been having some random restarts for the past two days (when I installed 105). I've been using a 500 700 screenstate split with memcacheon a sprint pre. There are confounding probs such as a recent install of internalz and filemanager at the same time. Restarts are typically happening under heavy load. Eg: tap call on a contacts card then tap end call immediately then tap the phone number again by acident (restart). Open cfg maps (restart), slide up slider after receiving tweet via badkitty. Definitely occurring during io activity but fairly random. I am only using userstate default in govnah now and will observe for the next two days if restarts occur. - I hope this is considered somewhat useful and I am not clogging up your thread
    If you are getting reboots on high usage then that means not enough voltage.

    Voltage settings are a hit or miss in overclocking since everyone's Pre is not made equally.
    Live free or DIE!
  15. #55  
    FYI, Govnah 0.6.6 in the testing feed now supports vdd1_vsel values and custom temperature limits in sticky profiles.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #56  
    I'm gonna testing this, but i would like to know how to verify the voltage is applicated ?

    With 0.6.6 i'm lowering voltage without having trouble or any crash. Here are my setting With F105, screenstate 500-700

    74 70 66 40 36 36 30 You can notice that i have only modified the fourth and fifth number because they are supposed to only concerne my screenstate speed
    Last edited by Schmurtz; 08/03/2010 at 09:18 AM.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'd be interested to know how that device got into a reboot loop, cause the fail-safe in the sticky profile settings is meant to disable the sticky settings after an unclean boot.

    Oh, hang on, I now why. SR71 *defaults* to 1.2GHz on boot if there are no sticky settings to tell it otherwise. Caveat Emptor

    -- Rod
    Yup! Thats the way the cookie crumbles. The doctor went well and I am back up and running. No worries there Rod...I knew the risk etc.

    However, from the webos internals linkages for the webos doctor .jar; I keep gettting zip files...where in the zip file is the actual .jar so I can reload preware from the standalone installer? I cannot believe I can no longer find the right file DOH! (Sprint 1.4.1.1)
  18. evertec's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Each number represents the array in available_frequencies. Ignore the last 2 since I chopped them off. To calculate the voltage: (Vsel*12.5)+600=mV.
    Thanks for the response. One more question if it's not too much to throw it out there... is it possible to add a 1.1ghz setting to the sr71 kernel? Also, is there any disadvantage to running the sr71 kernel vs the f105 if I'm not going to use the 1.2ghz setting? Thanks
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmurtz View Post
    I'm gonna testing this, but i would like to know how to verify the voltage is applicated ?

    With 0.6.6 i'm lowering voltage without having trouble or any crash. Here are my setting With F105, screenstate 500-700

    74 70 66 40 36 36 30 You can notice that i have only modified the fourth and fifth number because they are supposed to only concerne my screenstate speed
    ugh! I didnt commit the cpu_update_policy i have in my testing build which would make it instantaneous. So it would only take effect coming out of suspend or changing freqs. New build coming...
    Live free or DIE!
  20. #60  
    current running 105-88 with only Govnah and Battery monitor my phone is running at 39C. Is not charging at the moment.

    When i first installed the 105 my Drain per Hour jumped to 59.93%. Since then I have not be able to get the Battery Monitor to tell me the run time at all.. I assume this to be a glitch on my side but want to check to see if anyone else was getting this issue also

    Edit: my phone just checked email and jumped to 41C for a few secs
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions