Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    I hope it works, but I have a feeling that no matter what there will never be 100% stability on some of our phones running SR71 even though the latest build works better for me.
    I have more than a feeling about that - it is a guaranteed fact that a percentage of phones simply cannot be overclocked to this degree. That is why we have more than one option for overclocking.

    -- Rod
  2. #542  
    I just bought a verizon Pre+ for disassembly to build the FrankenPre (Sprint Pre+) It seems to be fine on sr71.
    Woohoo I finally got me some Chuck Norris Love! lol


    Edit: This Sprint Pre+ at 1.2 ghz is friggin extreme!!!!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  3. #543  
    Lucky!! Gotta try SR71 again
  4. #544  
    Is anybody successfully using Conservative (or any Governor type other than screenstate) with F104A-110? Every time I try using Conservative or OnDemand governors to test my night profile (where I lock down the speed to <500) it locks up almost instantly. It's slightly better now that I removed the UI kernel module, but still very unstable.

    Any other kernel I've tried that can run <500 works fine in those modes.
    Last edited by 4wheels; 09/18/2010 at 06:44 PM.
  5. #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    Is anybody successfully using Conservative (or any Governor type other than screenstate)? Every time I try using Conservative or OnDemand governors to test my night profile (where I lock down the speed to <500) it locks up almost instantly. It's slightly better now that I removed the UI kernel module, but still very unstable.
    Do you realise that when your device is truly idle (i.e. screen off and no background processes running like fetching email or twitter or such), your CPU frequency actually goes to 0MHz? (i.e. all the clocks are turned off completely)

    The idea of running background processes at 500MHz is so they can finish quicker and allow the processor to truly sleep (which is the state in which the real power savings are obtained).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Do you realise that when your device is truly idle (i.e. screen off and no background processes running like fetching email or twitter or such), your CPU frequency actually goes to 0MHz? (i.e. all the clocks are turned off completely)

    The idea of running background processes at 500MHz is so they can finish quicker and allow the processor to truly sleep (which is the state in which the real power savings are obtained).

    -- Rod
    Yes I do... but at night, it sits on the Touchstone running an alarm clock so it never goes to sleep. Hence why I'd rather not have the thing toggle between 500 and 1100MHz as it charges & discharges.
  7. #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    Yes I do... but at night, it sits on the Touchstone running an alarm clock so it never goes to sleep. Hence why I'd rather not have the thing toggle between 500 and 1100MHz as it charges & discharges.
    Are you sure it never goes to sleep? Alarm clocks don't need to be running all the time to get a real-time-clock interrupt at a certain time in the future to wake up the processor from deep sleep.

    Your phone would not last all night if it was continuously running at 500MHz (or even 125MHz) and never sleeping.

    This is the most misunderstood part of the screenstate lower frequency and overclocking in general.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you sure it never goes to sleep? Alarm clocks don't need to be running all the time to get a real-time-clock interrupt at a certain time in the future to wake up the processor from deep sleep.

    Your phone would not last all night if it was continuously running at 500MHz (or even 125MHz) and never sleeping.

    This is the most misunderstood part of the screenstate lower frequency and overclocking in general.

    -- Rod
    I am pretty certain it never goes to sleep. The screen is on constantly displaying the time, and I've checked the cpu time in state. I have it working with Mode Switcher, when I place the Pre on the Touchstone (rotated to the left) during nighttime hours, it launches the "night mode" and activates "Timepiece" and keeps the screen on. Timepiece launches Pandora as an alarm. The night mode disables once I remove it from the TS.
  9. #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    I am pretty certain it never goes to sleep. The screen is on constantly displaying the time, and I've checked the cpu time in state. I have it working with Mode Switcher, when I place the Pre on the Touchstone (rotated to the left) during nighttime hours, it launches the "night mode" and activates "Timepiece" and keeps the screen on. Timepiece launches Pandora as an alarm. The night mode disables once I remove it from the TS.
    OK, in your case it is quite possible that the CPU is not going to sleep.

    Conservative governor should work fine, unless your hardware has problems (as many Pre units do) running at frequencies lower than 500MHz.

    Lots of people have problems with ondemand. That's why it's not one of the predefined profiles.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, in your case it is quite possible that the CPU is not going to sleep.

    Conservative governor should work fine, unless your hardware has problems (as many Pre units do) running at frequencies lower than 500MHz.

    Lots of people have problems with ondemand. That's why it's not one of the predefined profiles.

    -- Rod
    Noted w/the Ondemand causing problems.

    Still seems strange, as my PrePlus was stable using the old F104, Uber, and Warthog at 125-500 and 250-500 conservative governors at night. I am currently testing the new F104A-110 and was duplicating my previous Govnah' configuration profiles used with Warthog (when I test a new kernel, I always delete all old Govnah profiles, remove Govnah, reboot, remove old kernel, reboot, install new kernel, reboot, install Govnah, set new profiles, etc.) and with the new F104A every time I select conservative it freezes instantly (and it worked fine with Warthog). Performance gov worked for a short while, so did userspace. It acts like a governor state change is causing the crash, not the speed settings.
  11. #551  
    hi fellows!!! I'm back again, bottle of beer was spilled onto my phone, opened the phone and tried to detach the screen from digitizer, but screen cracked. Ordered new digitizer& screen from china for 59 and after 2 weeks my phone is back on track! And now question, maybe I missed something here... I have F105 installed but in Govnah with screenstate governor it constantly shows 900 MHz, tried to change but it comes back eventually again... Any ideas? Maybe beer got my phone tipsy? Lol... Anyway, I'm loyal to Pre even could get EVO instead of fixing mine and looking forward for NEW PRE PHONE. Thanks
  12. #552  
    in the past few days with F105, I've picked my phone up to find out that it's off. It just happened this morning and I was almost late to work. Anyone else having this issue? Nothing else has changed since I updated to the newest F105 build.
  13. #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesaul8889 View Post
    in the past few days with F105, I've picked my phone up to find out that it's off. It just happened this morning and I was almost late to work. Anyone else having this issue? Nothing else has changed since I updated to the newest F105 build.
    In my personal experience and from reading postings; this is usually a result of having the "screen off" frequency as too low for your phone.

    If you have a screen off < 500mhz; try changing that first to 500mhz and see if it fixes the issue.
  14. #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    In my personal experience and from reading postings; this is usually a result of having the "screen off" frequency as too low for your phone.

    If you have a screen off < 500mhz; try changing that first to 500mhz and see if it fixes the issue.
    It's set at 500mhz min and 1.005ghz max. temp limit was something like 48 limit and 46 reset. and the VDD1 are all stock. I actually haven't changed any settings in the profile since I made it a while ago.
  15. #555  
    hmmm...my identical issues stopped when I raised my min to 500mhz.
    Not sure what could be causing that....
  16.    #556  
    Let me reiterate a previous statement I made a while back...

    If you run your phone under 500MHz, expect instability. If it works, consider yourself lucky. The phone was designed to operate at 500MHz. There is a reason why my kernels (except F104) are capped at 500MHz min.
    Live free or DIE!
  17. #557  
    i've found that going below 500mhz creates more problems than it solves. just my observation.
  18. #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Let me reiterate a previous statement I made a while back...

    If you run your phone under 500MHz, expect instability. If it works, consider yourself lucky. The phone was designed to operate at 500MHz. There is a reason why my kernels (except F104) are capped at 500MHz min.
    I've never set it to anything under 500mhz. I doubt my problems have been anything related to the min frequency.
  19.    #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesaul8889 View Post
    I've never set it to anything under 500mhz. I doubt my problems have been anything related to the min frequency.
    I was just re-iterating that for users that may want to thread hijack to complain about freqs under 500MHz.

    Was the phone actually turned-off or hung? charging?
    Live free or DIE!
  20. #560  
    lol k. The phone was completely off. I didn't have to pull the battery or anything, just pressing power turned it on.

    what happened was my alarm went off and I dismissed it as I took it off of the charger, then an hour later when my second alarm should have went off, it was completely shut down.

    I also picked up my phone the other night to find it had been off for a while.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions