Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Hey Unixpsycho, I have a little bug to tell you about. On F104, when my phone is set to 400MHz screen off, 1.1GHz screen on, when the screen turns off when plugged into the wall charger the phone will not wake up from sleep. I tested this three times and turned the screen off with 250MHz and 500MHz, and this did not happen. Figured it may be something worth reporting to you.

I think im going to leave a minimum of 500MHz. I get calls one ring before they are missed when im at 250, my Pre is just too weak to handle it I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I got a question, Im running SR71 and when I try to make a new profile it wont let me clock at 1.2ghz, It wont give me that option, SR71 is the only kernel I have installed.. "SR71 is the only kernel I have installed"
    well that's good, cause you'd prolly run into problems like trying to set the 1.2g freq but have problems if you acctually had 2 kernels installed..
    did you reboot?
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    Hey Unixpsycho, I have a little bug to tell you about. On F104, when my phone is set to 400MHz screen off, 1.1GHz screen on, when the screen turns off when plugged into the wall charger the phone will not wake up from sleep. I tested this three times and turned the screen off with 250MHz and 500MHz, and this did not happen. Figured it may be something worth reporting to you.

I think im going to leave a minimum of 500MHz. I get calls one ring before they are missed when im at 250, my Pre is just too weak to handle it I think.
    I would consider it, but a few posts back someone reported 400/1100 was rock solid.

Maybe if you increase the voltage for 400 and see if it works better.

Remember, F104 is the only kernel I produce that goes below 500MHz, and I avoid it for this specific reason.
    Live free or DIE!
    I loaded F104 yesterday. I really like the 400mhz option for the screenstate governor. Hopefully this will save some battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I would consider it, but a few posts back someone reported 400/1100 was rock solid.

Maybe if you increase the voltage for 400 and see if it works better.

Remember, F104 is the only kernel I produce that goes below 500MHz, and I avoid it for this specific reason.

It wakes up normally on 400Mhz when the screen is off, but it will not when it is plugged into the wall. only when im charging the phone will it not wake up. Changing the voltage would still make a difference even though that particular voltage works when it is not plugged into the wall?
    PaulB007, I haven't experienced this with F104 but I override the charger scaling. Can you test what happens if you override the charger scaling? I'm running 400/1.1 screenstate.
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
    It wakes up normally on 400Mhz when the screen is off, but it will not when it is plugged into the wall. only when im charging the phone will it not wake up. Changing the voltage would still make a difference even though that particular voltage works when it is not plugged into the wall?
    Oh. i misunderstood.

I just tried and mine doesnt hang or go into a coma while plugged in. I tried with and without charger override (without override it goes to 500MHz anyway).

Try a battery pull, esp if you were coming from another kernel as the speed slots are different.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    PaulB007, I haven't experienced this with F104 but I override the charger scaling. Can you test what happens if you override the charger scaling? I'm running 400/1.1 screenstate.
    Oh. i misunderstood.

I just tried and mine doesnt hang or go into a coma while plugged in. I tried with and without charger override (without override it goes to 500MHz anyway).

Try a battery pull, esp if you were coming from another kernel as the speed slots are different.

I turned on override charger scaling, and when I tried 400MHz again it did wake up, then I turned override charger scaling off, and it would not wake up again. Phone was plugged into the wall once again when I tested this. How odd, I wonder why im the only one who experiences this. Oh, the only way to get the phone back is to pull the battery and reboot don't know if I mentioned that before.
    Last edited by PaulB007; 09/03/2010 at 10:44 AM.
    @paulb007

I was one of the ones reporting rock solid 400 / 1.1 screenstate.
    I had your problem, but @ 250. I had not intended to use 250 but when I re-booted after the battery pull...I notice I had set it there by mistake.

IMO, this is the best kernel yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    @paulb007

I was one of the ones reporting rock solid 400 / 1.1 screenstate.
    I had your problem, but @ 250. I had not intended to use 250 but when I re-booted after the battery pull...I notice I had set it there by mistake.

IMO, this is the best kernel yet.
    Yeah it is a great kernel. It's not a huge deal to me if I can't get it to scale to 400MHz on the wall charger, I don't notice much savings in battery scaling down anyway.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this kernel I have had for a few days and my battery drain went from 20+% per hour to less than 5% and allowing me to get through a full day with normal to heavy use. I have F104-110 as loaded with 1.1g on high and 250m on low (have not had any issues) Very Stable and my phone feels Snappier than ever. Great JOB!!
    I am so happy to hear that an update is coming for sr71!

Thanks Marco!
    had the thunderchief kernel installed for a while then switched over to uberkernel once it added the 1GHz option. I was noticing worse battery consumption than normal so i switched back to the F105 and have noticed a dramatic change in battery life. I will stick with this
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Hey,

Its been a long time since Ive changed kernels and decided to try new things. I saw some people poking around the F104 so I decided to try it out again. A long time ago I remembered that this kernel could go all the way down to 250mhz but some people had trouble with it so even though it said 250 it never actually went past 500mhz. So I am testing screenstate 1.1ghz and 250. of course when I check proc/cpuinfo i see screen on is 1095mhz and when screen off its 498. So I decided to mess around with the good old conservative governor. Same setup min 250 max 1.1. Govnah never drops below 500 and checking in proc/cpuinfo shows the same. I was wondering if there was anyway to get the pre to drop off to the 250 point? I know its crazy and i also know my pre can handle it from the original F104. Just one of those things i feel like messing around with.

Kernel: F104A 1.4.5-110
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor2011 View Post
    Hey,

Its been a long time since Ive changed kernels and decided to try new things. I saw some people poking around the F104 so I decided to try it out again. A long time ago I remembered that this kernel could go all the way down to 250mhz but some people had trouble with it so even though it said 250 it never actually went past 500mhz. So I am testing screenstate 1.1ghz and 250. of course when I check proc/cpuinfo i see screen on is 1095mhz and when screen off its 498. So I decided to mess around with the good old conservative governor. Same setup min 250 max 1.1. Govnah never drops below 500 and checking in proc/cpuinfo shows the same. I was wondering if there was anyway to get the pre to drop off to the 250 point? I know its crazy and i also know my pre can handle it from the original F104. Just one of those things i feel like messing around with.

unplug the battery.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor2011 View Post
    Hey,

Use the uberkernel kernel and govnah if you feel like tweaking settings like that. Like Unixpsycho said, the only way you will get below 500 if you have F104 installed is to take the battery out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    Use the uberkernel kernel and govnah if you feel like tweaking settings like that. Like Unixpsycho said, the only way you will get below 500 if you have F104 installed is to take the battery out.
    F104 can go below 500; I believe UNIX was saying "unplug" because the kernel defaults to 500 when charging. See posts 490 through 510.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 09/10/2010 at 10:37 AM.
    @ rogerkang
    Its F105 that does not scale below 500mhz
    unplug the battery.
    Unplugging the battery let me go below 500mhz again.
    Thanks. Now I have a 2 hour bus ride to crash my pre over and over again! WOOT! maybe ill make a discovery
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    @ rogerkang
    Its F105 that does not scale below 500mhz
    ah, thanks for the correction!