Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #461  
    Been using F105 for a while- seems that the battery usage has been worse than usual on this last version [-99]. Also been a while since an update... hmmm.
    Last edited by Trident; 08/28/2010 at 08:26 PM.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  2. #462  
    Hey Marco, I have a question:
    Why does the camera makes the processor go to 900Mhz on SR71?
    I was toying around with the voltage settings, and I got shutdowns and reboots when I used the camera, after some checking, I saw that the processor went to 900Mhz, is this right? Or is it a bug?

    Now I need to tweak the 900Mhz voltage also to keep my Pre from shutting down
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Hey Marco, I have a question:
    Why does the camera makes the processor go to 900Mhz on SR71?
    I was toying around with the voltage settings, and I got shutdowns and reboots when I used the camera, after some checking, I saw that the processor went to 900Mhz, is this right? Or is it a bug?

    Now I need to tweak the 900Mhz voltage also to keep my Pre from shutting down
    Hmm. i cant make this happen. CPU stays at full speed.

    I know the DSP uses the voltage of (current_opp)-1. So in F105 that would be 900MHz voltage. But it shouldnt scale to 900MHz. At least it doesnt happen when I test it.

    Any one else have this happen?
    Live free or DIE!
  4. #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Hmm. i cant make this happen. CPU stays at full speed.

    I know the DSP uses the voltage of (current_opp)-1. So in F105 that would be 900MHz voltage. But it shouldnt scale to 900MHz. At least it doesnt happen when I test it.

    Any one else have this happen?
    mmm... funny thing, I was running at 800Mhz (screenstate 800/500), and when I ran the camera app, it jumped to 900.

    Right now I had to doctor, as I've read in /etc/init.d/mountall.sh , I guess I had error in the cryptofs portion (several unclean shutdowns), and the thing just erased everything, threw me out of my profile and made me relogin. I just doctored and I'm still recovering apps. Will install again SR71 and see if it does that again

    Edit:
    Totally reproducible, I just installed SR71, and tried several speed combinations, and it only happens when running @800Mhz or 500Mhz

    So:
    1.2G
    Camera Off: 1.2G
    Camera On: 1.2G

    1G
    Camera Off: 1G
    Camera On: 1G

    900M
    Camera Off: 900M
    Camera On: 900M

    800M
    Camera Off: 800M
    Camera On: 900M <-- ***??

    500M
    Camera Off: 500M
    Camera On: 900M <-- mmm... again?

    Dunno why it happens, but it happens in my Pre, latest SR71 (100 I think), default voltages

    I'll run 900/500 in the meantime, I'm researching the best speed/voltage/battery combination for my Pre
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 08/28/2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added "bug" info
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  5.    #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    mmm... funny thing, I was running at 800Mhz (screenstate 800/500), and when I ran the camera app, it jumped to 900.

    Right now I had to doctor, as I've read in /etc/init.d/mountall.sh , I guess I had error in the cryptofs portion (several unclean shutdowns), and the thing just erased everything, threw me out of my profile and made me relogin. I just doctored and I'm still recovering apps. Will install again SR71 and see if it does that again

    Edit:
    Totally reproducible, I just installed SR71, and tried several speed combinations, and it only happens when running @800Mhz or 500Mhz

    <...snip...>
    Well gag me with a Swiss Army knife... you are correct.

    Now I gotta find out why this happens.
    Live free or DIE!
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Well gag me with a Swiss Army knife... you are correct.

    Now I gotta find out why this happens.
    hehehe.. it just baffled me and I initially thought it was the battery that was dying on me, but now I know it was the voltages that I had moved and "weren't" using (I changed the 900Mhz one and I think I left it a bit on the low side). Well, sorry to left you some homework for the weekend
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  7. #467  
    hey marko. i know im not post nothing becose is hard to me writhe in english. but i have a problem. when we have 1.4.1 on sprint i install a sr-71 on my sprint pre end evrything was great. was runing like MF. today i reinstal system i use webos 1.4.5 and evrything went to the garbage. when i install new kernel for sr-71 the phone go for reboot after one flash of palm logo.can u help me somehow ?. sorry for the lang.i know i can go for f-105 but i just wana know way that happen??
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by Patalach View Post
    hey marko. i know im not post nothing becose is hard to me writhe in english. but i have a problem. when we have 1.4.1 on sprint i install a sr-71 on my sprint pre end evrything was great. was runing like MF. today i reinstal system i use webos 1.4.5 and evrything went to the garbage. when i install new kernel for sr-71 the phone go for reboot after one flash of palm logo.can u help me somehow ?. sorry for the lang.i know i can go for f-105 but i just wana know way that happen??
    SR71 hasnt changed in a while. What version were you running before?
    Live free or DIE!
  9. #469  
    i was running the last version of sr-71 from 84 to 92 all update tru the preware and evrything was all right.
  10. #470  
    i have to install something before install the sr71 ?? i have the
    govnah instald
  11. #471  
    1 more thing when i install the sr-71 battery was at 27% and the phone was hot around 45 deg. if thatkod be a problem ???
  12. #472  
    delete
  13. #473  
    Well, it happened to me too.. I just uninstalled the UK, then installed f105.. Went on Govnah after, and noticed that it was in 900mhz.. So I uninstalled f105, installed recovery kernel, then reinstalled f105.. But it's still stuck on 900mhz.. So what do you think of this? Should I go ahead and doctor it? Or do you want me to check something out first?

    Just so you know, I'm not accusing or hope you will have a solution or whatever.. I knew the risks and all.. I just want to help, as much as I can with my limited knowledge..

    Edit: This is odd. I just tried to reinstall UK, after removing f105 of course.. With UK, it's able to run on ST 1Ghz/500..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GridIron21; 08/29/2010 at 10:20 PM.
  14. nullr's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #474  
    Have had something weird happen to my phone F105 (most updated). Sometimes under load it kills the battery. It has happened several times. First time from 22 percent opened up to see how many apps I could open before it slowed down about the 27th app battery went from a solid 34 to 0. Then running MHS, preware and several other apps dropped from 56 to 0. Another time opened almost 30 apps and dropped from 74 to 0. Is this a known side effect that I havent read of or is my battery bad? I get normal 8-12hours when not opening up alot of apps (or a handful with MHS) as far as I can tell something triggers this (does the battery have a failsafe?). The battery stays at 0 no matter what if I shutdown it wont reboot without plugging in and doing its normal buffer charge. Can anyone else try this? Also does not happened while plugged in.

    It has dropped a couple more times but these where times I was looking directly at the battery percentage when it dropped (batt percentage as battery logo patch).
    Last edited by nullr; 08/29/2010 at 10:50 PM.
  15. #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Well, it happened to me too.. I just uninstalled the UK, then installed f105.. Went on Govnah after, and noticed that it was in 900mhz.. So I uninstalled f105, installed recovery kernel, then reinstalled f105.. But it's still stuck on 900mhz.. So what do you think of this? Should I go ahead and doctor it? Or do you want me to check something out first?

    Just so you know, I'm not accusing or hope you will have a solution or whatever.. I knew the risks and all.. I just want to help, as much as I can with my limited knowledge..

    Edit: This is odd. I just tried to reinstall UK, after removing f105 of course.. With UK, it's able to run on ST 1Ghz/500..
    The problem is with the Govnah profile, it says 1000000 and should say 1000500, if you go to the cpu settings and set the max speed correctly, it will go to 1Ghz

    The camera issue is different
  16.    #476  
    For those that cant run SR71 there is a new version of F104 that is 1.1GHz and some other things.

    enjoy.

    i'm still working on a couple of minor bugs with the others...
    Live free or DIE!
  17. #477  
    unix I had to get a new Pre and I am still too afraid to even try to run SR71. Downloading your latest update now. Thanks!
  18. #478  
    About the Pansy Palm Pre, were there specific system builds or blocks serial numbers which can be identified? I just got a replacement Sprint Palm Pre and originally thought I had a broken Pre as I immediately and installed SR71. I got reboot and crashes all of the time and thought it was a hardware issue. I even got to a point where I thought I bricked the Pre as I couldn't windows Vista to get it to recognize the Pre through the USB. Luckily fooling around with WebOS Doctor on the Mac, I was able to finally doctor the Pre after several failed attempts. Too bad I didn't read about the recover feature by holding the Volume button. I'm only running the stable UberKernal at the moment and am almost afraid to run SR71 again as I got stuck with a pink underwear wearing Pre.
  19. nullr's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #479  
    Anyone able to get the same results as what I posted in 474? Or have and idea on why it happens? I know its because of all the apps but 33% in a minute is almost as bad as normal battery life I replicated it to show. I got the second screencap and the phone died immediately and would not turn back on without charging. Here are the screencaps. My mode switcher profile changed but this problem also occured before mode switcher was installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. #480  
    Dang! I have never seen that before.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions