Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    SR71 doesn't boot at all for me. It seems to crash half way the boot process and then tries to boot again in some sort of loop. Anyone else having this same problem? Gonna stick to F105 for now.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    SR71 doesn't boot at all for me. It seems to crash half way the boot process and then tries to boot again in some sort of loop. Anyone else having this same problem? Gonna stick to F105 for now.
    Anyone with a device which can't handle booting at 1.2GHz will have that problem. Nothing much you can do if your hardware can't handle it.

That's why UberKernel defaults to stock speeds and uses a fail-safe script to bump up to full speed according to the sticky govnah profile. Then you don't get caught in a reboot loop. The downside is that your boot time is slower. It's a trade-off either way with no perfect solution.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks rwhitby! I didn't know it would boot at maxed out speed right away. I guess 1Ghz is the limit for my phone then. It's rock solid at that speed so I'm not complaining.

Reinstalling F105 again

P.S. I just sent you guys a donation. WebOS Internals ROCKS!
    Is there any chance we can get a version of F105 which will boot at 1.005Ghz ?.
    I'm wondering: Wouldn't it make more sense if all kernels just boot at stock speed and THEN enable you to change things in Govnah? I mean for example apparently I can't boot at 1.2Ghz but this could be a voltage issue. Right now there's no way for me to tweak things and see how they go.

I really like the way it's done in Uberkernel. It makes way more sense and it makes it a whole lot easier to test kernels without having to go through the entire WebOS Doctor process a million times. Why not do this in all kernels?

Just my 2 cents...
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    try booting the with the phone charging (wall/touchstone/car charger). this will provide it with more voltage and allow you to tweak govnah if you can get that far. with my phone, when I tried SR-71, right when I'd apply the 1.2ghz in govnah, the phone would lock up, then go into the reboot loop. sometimes you have to let it cool off before attempting another boot.

also, read through the threads (new and old), as this has been covered multiple times.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I could be wrong about the most recent builds, but when you have your phone either on the wall charger or on the Touchstone, it will set the 500MHz speed. This is how many people with the earlier builds of SR71 could get their phones back to uninstall it and get their phone stable again(since their phones would work normally at the 500MHz speed when on Touchstone/wall charger).
    I'm wondering: Wouldn't it make more sense if all kernels just boot at stock speed and THEN enable you to change things in Govnah? I mean for example apparently I can't boot at 1.2Ghz but this could be a voltage issue. Right now there's no way for me to tweak things and see how they go.

I really like the way it's done in Uberkernel. It makes way more sense and it makes it a whole lot easier to test kernels without having to go through the entire WebOS Doctor process a million times. Why not do this in all kernels?

Just my 2 cents...
    thats not a bad idea. I for one have been using F105 since they were beta testing it. i did try the SR kernal the original and had no problem with it until the Voltage was updated. I would like to try it again but dont want the boot loop issue, even knowing about pluggin in the phone to boot at stock speeds. So I think if it is possiable to set the kernal to stock speeds to boot everytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    I could be wrong about the most recent builds, but when you have your phone either on the wall charger or on the Touchstone, it will set the 500MHz speed.

No your not, you're absolutely right.
    Whatcha been up to lately, unixpsycho?
    Anything we can get excited about?
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Whatcha been up to lately, unixpsycho?
    Anything we can get excited about?
    Take a look at this post and the following few

Pip
    what are the best settings for the F105 kernel on Govnah to actually see speed
    Sprint Pre, webOS 1.4.5, latest Govnah and F105 as of yesterday night (I check for updates daily)

I apologize if this was already resolved but I cannot make the govnah settings stick on reboot with F105. When rebooting it will go to "unknown" profile and default F105 settings including enabled compcache 20480 which I don't really want.

I uninstalled both, reinstalled stock palm pre kernel, reinstalled govnah and then f105, disabled compcache, saved as new profile and everything was fine until I decided to reboot to check and it went back to unknown.

it does run great, i might just let it be and stay at the default settings
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    This happened to me too. I let the CPU cool down and the boot process went through. I pretty much sped into Preware, installed the default palm kernel and installed F105 back lol. Now im trying Uberkernel.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  15.    #455  
    Thanks rwhitby! I didn't know it would boot at maxed out speed right away. I guess 1Ghz is the limit for my phone then. It's rock solid at that speed so I'm not complaining.

Reinstalling F105 again

P.S. I just sent you guys a donation. WebOS Internals ROCKS!
    Actually, it doesnt boot at max speed. F105 and SR71 are set to boot at 500MHz.

What is causing it to jump is when a governor (performance, ondemand, conservative, screenstate) loads it will find the max CPU speed and set it or scale to max. Unless you had a previous govnah profile that limits this and had a clean shutdown.
    Live free or DIE!
  16.    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Is there any chance we can get a version of F105 which will boot at 1.005Ghz ?.
    Why? Set govnah profile accordingly and it will boot up at that speed.

Having the kernel initialize at full speed is frivolous as 1 second later in the boot process Govnah comes in and changes it. From the time the phone is turned on in 2-3 seconds the kernel is loaded. How much faster do you want it? What's slowing down boot is all the services and crap Palm put in there to start all at the same time.

You want a faster boot then the whole ROM needs to convert to an XIP format.
    Live free or DIE!
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    Sprint Pre, webOS 1.4.5, latest Govnah and F105 as of yesterday night (I check for updates daily)

I apologize if this was already resolved but I cannot make the govnah settings stick on reboot with F105. When rebooting it will go to "unknown" profile and default F105 settings including enabled compcache 20480 which I don't really want.

I uninstalled both, reinstalled stock palm pre kernel, reinstalled govnah and then f105, disabled compcache, saved as new profile and everything was fine until I decided to reboot to check and it went back to unknown.

it does run great, i might just let it be and stay at the default settings
    Might want to ask that question in the http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...01-govnah.html thread.
    Live free or DIE!
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    thats not a bad idea. I for one have been using F105 since they were beta testing it. i did try the SR kernal the original and had no problem with it until the Voltage was updated. I would like to try it again but dont want the boot loop issue, even knowing about pluggin in the phone to boot at stock speeds. So I think if it is possiable to set the kernal to stock speeds to boot everytime.
    What do you mean "until the Voltage was updated"? Which version?
    Live free or DIE!
    Went to my kernels and saw thunderchief was there... welcome back ol friend. Installed and went to my newly pudated govnah and sent the min and max to 1 GHz Very speedy and fast!! Than set it back down again, dont want my battery to go down bc i left the charger at home
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    What do you mean "until the Voltage was updated"? Which version?
    im not sure what the voltage was when it first was available, but that was the one I installed when it first came to preware and that version I didnt have any boot loops, hiccups or anything. it was only when the kernal was updated, is when I got the boot loop and issues. Im on a sprint palm pre when testing it.