Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Dudes/Chicks running F105:

Report in your 1GHz voltages. Stable only! Dont report voltages that caused a reboot or 2.

Also 900MHz voltages too for those that play with it.

Time to start putting the USAF markings on...

my lowest voltage I've seen is 292 mA. My highest was a surprising 758mA. Is that nrmal for multitasking?

**** nevermind I thought you meant battery current... Whatever.
    Is there a noticeable performance difference between 800mhz and 1ghz?
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    Is there a noticeable performance difference between 800mhz and 1ghz?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    quick question is there a way you can undervolt the different freqeuncies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Yes
    what about battery drain any big differences between the two? and i remember a while back Caj saying anything above 800mhz won't be utilized because something about memory or memory bandwidth is this true?
    quick question is there a way you can undervolt the different freqeuncies?
    Question for you first. How many frequencies are you aware of?

Frequencies,all of them, can be tweaked. But if you really have to ask that question, perhaps you may want to hold off on that until you read up more on that stuff, or continue to heavily test your default settings before jumping into the deeper end of the kernel pool
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ery-drain.html

what about battery drain any big differences between the two? and i remember a while back Caj saying anything above 800mhz won't be utilized because something about memory or memory bandwidth is this true?
    consider a couple of things when it comes to battery drain.
    What are you using during an average day? How often do you use your phone? A number of different apps can have various effects on battery drain. So much has to be taken into consideration when it comes to battery drain.

Memory swap and 'memory bandwidth' as you called it, is a compcache cpu swap made possible by webos-internalz and the beauty/power of Govnah,as well as for another smart phone not mentioned here
    Check out the thread I posted here for compcache and battery drain results.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/22/2010 at 02:40 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ery-drain.html

consider a couple of things when it comes to battery drain.
    What are you using during an average day? How often do you use your phone? A number of different apps can have various effects on battery drain. So much has to be taken into consideration when it comes to battery drain.

Memory swap and 'memory bandwidth' as you called it, is a compcache cpu swap made possible by webos-internalz and the beauty/power of Govnah,as well as for another smart phone not mentioned here
    Check out the thread I posted here for compcache and battery drain results.
    So will anything above 800mhz make a difference in speed?
    Does this now support lower frequencies like 125mhz? or still only 500?
    I'm using Warthog, but I'd probably say my battery life is actually worse on 800 vs 1005. That's probably Jauder's voltages though.

Speed performance is pretty noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    So will anything above 800mhz make a difference in speed?
    This has been answered several times directly and indirectly. I recommend you read the entire thread. I doubt anyone is going to answer your question.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoby View Post
    Hi, i have the last version of F105, screenstate 500/1005, standard voltage config. I've been using this kernel for more than a month now, always been stable until tonight, when the phone has shut down by itself, after i put it on airplane mode. Of couse the alarm clock did not rang and I woke up late for work!! anyone has experienced this on the latest F105 kernel?
    out of curiousity, two questions:

1. Does your camera work?
    2. Do you have mytether installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by errsta View Post
    out of curiousity, two questions:

1. Does your camera work?
    2. Do you have mytether installed?
    1. Yes, like everithing else
    2. Nope
    Thanks, but that didn't work. That was the first thing I tried. Even with a headset, music won't play (just skips from track to track with no sound).

That being said...

***DISREGARD***

I ran webosdoctor to fix the issue last night. The issue was "fixed". I kept the phone at stock kernel and, as of this morning, it is happening again. Obviously not an issue with My Pre + Thunderchief kernel (as I first suspected), therefore I'm in the wrong thread.

I have insurance on the phone so it may just be time to deal with sprint

Thanks everyone for their input.
    Guys,

I have been running into this problem since 1.4.5.

The camera stops working and all media will not play. If you use the music app the songs will just scroll by.

I started a thread on getting help for this but I guess nobody thought this was a real issue.

I doctored my phone and all was fine for two days.

And now the problem is back.

I am NOT using any kernels at all.

It could be a patch, but I doubt it at this point.

I think there is something really wrong with 1.4.5 and nobody has realized it.

Off to do another doctor!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

What you need to do is run a webos repair utility. Webos doctor isn't going to fix that problem. There seem to be some file(s) missing, or corrupt.

Ps. Have you try running an overclock kernal, and see how the performance is...
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    What you need to do is run a webos repair utility. Webos doctor isn't going to fix that problem. There seem to be some file(s) missing, or corrupt.

Ps. Have you try running an overclock kernal, and see how the performance is...
    The webos Doctor does fix my issue, I had done it already. This is the second time with version 1.4.5 that the camera and media have refused to operate.

So the second time around I did not bother to run any over clocker, just to be sure that wasn't the culprit.

I assume you message was in response to my post.

Thanks!

Rob

I guess next time around I could run webos repair and see if it can detect a corrupted file.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

I assume you message was in response to my post.

Thanks!

Rob

I guess next time around I could run webos repair and see if it can detect a corrupted file.

Yes, it was. I hope you got it fixed.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Guys,

I have been running into this problem since 1.4.5.

The camera stops working and all media will not play. If you use the music app the songs will just scroll by.

I started a thread on getting help for this but I guess nobody thought this was a real issue.

I doctored my phone and all was fine for two days.

And now the problem is back.

I am NOT using any kernels at all.

It could be a patch, but I doubt it at this point.

I think there is something really wrong with 1.4.5 and nobody has realized it.

Off to do another doctor!

Rob
    Glad I'm not alone. I used 1.4.1.1 webosdoctor and had the same issue after a couple of days. This didn't happen until after the 1.4.5 update.

In probably unrelated news, I started noticing that pictures and mp3s were missing. I plugged into my computer as USB drive and was having i/o errors. I backed up what I had, ran chkdisk (no errors) and reformatted. So far, so good.
    Nice, mine seems stable playing NFSU at 800Mhz @ 1150v and 500Mhz @ 975v. Right now I'm looking for battery life, I love 1.2Ghz, but I can live @800Mhz

Anyone know what are the default values for 500/550/600?

Thanks again Marco!

Bah, nevermind, the thing didn't boot with 44@800, trying 46 (1175v)
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 08/23/2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Glad I'm not alone. I used 1.4.1.1 webosdoctor and had the same issue after a couple of days. This didn't happen until after the 1.4.5 update.

In probably unrelated news, I started noticing that pictures and mp3s were missing. I plugged into my computer as USB drive and was having i/o errors. I backed up what I had, ran chkdisk (no errors) and reformatted. So far, so good.
    Just found out that there was one patch that caused my issue which has since been updated in Preware.

It was the No Pause Video patch.

Finally back to a running system.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3