Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    You really cant unload the DSP (bridge driver module) at whim. the DSP goes to sleep and reloads itself based on usage.

Usually with solid state it either works or not. Is there some patch you are installing that kills it? voltage changes?
    To be sure, I'll uninstall patches one by one and (if it works at that point, after reboot) I'll reinstall one by one and try to find the culprit.

The only patches I have installed:

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    1ghz @ 60 & 500mhz @ 30, absolutely no issues
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errsta View Post
    To be sure, I'll uninstall patches one by one and (if it works at that point, after reboot) I'll reinstall one by one and try to find the culprit.

The only patches I have installed:

hmm...uninstalled all patches and reverted to stock kernel. Still no sound, still having camera issue.

I know from previous experience that webosdoctor will resolve this issue, but I would rather not go through that song & dance again

May just have to, since "ringing" is a nice feature for a phone to have
    hmm...uninstalled all patches and reverted to stock kernel. Still no sound, still having camera issue.

I know from previous experience that webosdoctor will resolve this issue, but I would rather not go through that song & dance again

May just have to, since "ringing" is a nice feature for a phone to have
    Sounds like maybe you're having the "stuck in headset mode" issue. Search the forums, read over this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Sounds like maybe you're having the "stuck in headset mode" issue. Search the forums, read over this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html
    Thanks, but that didn't work. That was the first thing I tried. Even with a headset, music won't play (just skips from track to track with no sound).

That being said...

***DISREGARD***

I ran webosdoctor to fix the issue last night. The issue was "fixed". I kept the phone at stock kernel and, as of this morning, it is happening again. Obviously not an issue with My Pre + Thunderchief kernel (as I first suspected), therefore I'm in the wrong thread.

I have insurance on the phone so it may just be time to deal with sprint

Thanks everyone for their input.
    1ghz - 52
    900 - 48
    800 - 42
    700 - 38
    500 - 30

Used the phone as normal. Frequent email checks and phone calls. Idle times up to 20 mins during the day, then tested while checking 2 web sites, running Pandora, and playing a game. Extremely stable, but loses it a bit after going to 50 on 1 GHz. 48 completely unstable. Others are perfectly stable at the voltages reported.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks, but that didn't work. That was the first thing I tried. Even with a headset, music won't play (just skips from track to track with no sound).

That being said...

***DISREGARD***

I ran webosdoctor to fix the issue last night. The issue was "fixed". I kept the phone at stock kernel and, as of this morning, it is happening again. Obviously not an issue with My Pre + Thunderchief kernel (as I first suspected), therefore I'm in the wrong thread.

I have insurance on the phone so it may just be time to deal with sprint

Thanks everyone for their input.
    So the lady tech at sprint ran webosdoctor and it fixed the issue. I explained to her I had already done so and the issue re-occurred. I noticed my phone was exceptionally sluggish. Laughably so. Turns out she used webosdoctor for WebOS 1.3.1. Yes, 1.3.1. I asked if she could apply a more current version, she said she's only allowed to put 1.3.1. I informed her that the current version is 1.4.5 and if she could at least put me at a 1.4 version. She said it's not possible and that I should NOT do the update to 1.4.5. I asked her why and she said that it has "issues" and that sprint has pulled the OTA for "1.4.5.11" . I pressed "updates" on my phone and showed her that that 1.4.5 update is still up there. She again advised me not to update and that sprint is in the process of pulling the OTA. She was obviously blowing smoke up my ***. I <3 Sprint.
    So the lady tech at sprint ran webosdoctor and it fixed the issue. I explained to her I had already done so and the issue re-occurred. I noticed my phone was exceptionally sluggish. Laughably so. Turns out she used webosdoctor for WebOS 1.3.1. Yes, 1.3.1. I asked if she could apply a more current version, she said she's only allowed to put 1.3.1. I informed her that the current version is 1.4.5 and if she could at least put me at a 1.4 version. She said it's not possible and that I should NOT do the update to 1.4.5. I asked her why and she said that it has "issues" and that sprint has pulled the OTA for "1.4.5.11" . I pressed "updates" on my phone and showed her that that 1.4.5 update is still up there. She again advised me not to update and that sprint is in the process of pulling the OTA. She was obviously blowing smoke up my ***. I <3 Sprint.
    Perhaps she was told that a couple of weeks ago, when 1.4.5 was released for overseas carriers, and just hasn't been told anything else since.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Perhaps she was told that a couple of weeks ago, when 1.4.5 was released for overseas carriers, and just hasn't been told anything else since.

-- Rod
    I'm way too cynical to believe that, Rod.

Thanks for the reality check
    I am recently getting some very inaccurate temperature readings from Govnah.
    For example; I just got through playing a few hands of poker ace. My phone was much more hotter than the 32C Govnah reported. Definiteley 40+. After I left the game and let my phone sit idle, my phone was much more cooler and Govnah reported temperatures up to 37C and as low as 32C, which fealt much more accurate. As of right now Govnah reports 37C and it is nowhere as near as hot as it was when Govnah originaly reported 32C and much more hotter than reported..
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/19/2010 at 02:48 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I am recently getting some very inaccurate temperature readings from Govnah.
    For example; I just got through playing a few hands of poker ace. My phone was much more hotter than the 32C Govnah reported. Definiteley 40+. After I left the game and let my phone sit idle, my phone was much more cooler and Govnah reported temperatures up to 37C and as low as 32C, which fealt much more accurate. As of right now Govnah reports 37C and it is nowhere as near as hot as it was when Govnah originaly reported 32C and much more hotter than reported..
    Govnah reports the temperature inside the OMAP3430 SoC.

Your hand feels the temperature mainly from the battery and communications board power amplifiers.

The two can vary easily by 10C depending on battery charge/discharge rates and cellular radio activity.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Govnah reports the temperature inside the OMAP3430 SoC.

Your hand feels the temperature mainly from the battery and communications board power amplifiers.

The two can vary easily by 10C depending on battery charge/discharge rates and cellular radio activity.

-- Rod

Check marked that on my learned something new list.

Perhaps that sort of notification can be implemented in a future Govnah version. Detail I like
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

There is only so much we can do while charging before the lava hits the brim. Very rapidly. That is one thing I do look forward to being resolved in any future hardware/devices

If some of our previous devices,in some cases cheaper have done, than by all means, we are/should be able to do as well; two fold. I am hopeful that our 'smart phone' devices shall be able to do it as well. Smart is also energy conservative smart as much as what the power source feeds to accomplish what the smart of our phone has done for us all...
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/19/2010 at 05:37 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Hi, i have the last version of F105, screenstate 500/1005, standard voltage config. I've been using this kernel for more than a month now, always been stable until tonight, when the phone has shut down by itself, after i put it on airplane mode. Of couse the alarm clock did not rang and I woke up late for work!! anyone has experienced this on the latest F105 kernel?
    Has anybody noticed a decrease in signal strength while pushing the limits of under volting. I haven't had a chance to test this but I've noticed my signal isn't as strong in some areas as it used to be (for whatever reason). What's interesting is if I turn off the data connection my signal strength increases. Once I turn data back on the signal strength usually degrades.

This maybe nothing. I wanted to put it out there for Unix to see if he thinks it might be plausible. Hopefully I have a chance to test this weekend with different voltages.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Has anybody noticed a decrease in signal strength while pushing the limits of under volting. I haven't had a chance to test this but I've noticed my signal isn't as strong in some areas as it used to be (for whatever reason).
    This is plausible, under volting could very well have a negative effect and is likely. A semi controlled experiment could be quite easily performed by creating two different voltage profiles in govnah, stick to one area, testing average signal for a given length of time.
    What's interesting is if I turn off the data connection my signal strength increases. Once I turn data back on the signal strength usually degrades.
    This is to be expected. The voice signal would very likely be stronger than the data signal. It is also plausible that the voice signal could be coming from one tower close to you whilst the data would be coming from a newer tower a little further away, that is something to do with your carrier and I don't see any connection to this kernel. Unless I'm missing something.

Pip
    Running:
    Sprint 1.4.5
    F105 v1.4.5-99
    Govnah ScreenState: 1.05GHz/500MHz
    1.05GHz - 62
    900MHz - 56
    800MHz - 44
    700MHz - 40
    500MHz - 32

I got shut-downs when going below 61 on 1.05GHz. Seemed to be random, couldn't really correlate it to any specific activity. Always required a battery pull to get a re-start. Anything below 32 on 500MHz and running a app resulted in an "un-start" and required a battery pull to refire the unit. I am going to try the other freq's this weekend. I have been using these settings for about a week or so.

Jeff
    I ran a heavy use test a short while ago with well over 20 cards open, every single stock app opened including google maps, music, youtube and app cataog. Well over 8 web pages including 5 precentral pages. Every version of facebook, music remix, NaN Player (playing). One game,card ace. And lastly played a youtube video via m.youtube to put the cherry on top. The phone got hot, but it never got a temperature warning notification and Govnah topped out under 50C . I could only imagine how scorching hot it would have gotten with mobile hot spot activated and a device or more connected, nuclear elt down for sure lol.

The worst I experienced during the test was sluggishness and some pretty rapid battery drain. Using the stock battery. My compcache was at default, and my other govnah stats and PrPrPr&#$275$; $stats$ $for$ $this$ $test$ $were$ $as$ $follows$.

PrPrPr&#$275$; $Plus$ $Verizon$ $1$.$4$.$1$.$1$
    f105 -99
    Govnah 0.6.6
    Compcache 20480 preset default
    Max voltage 1005GHZ
    Min Voltage 500GHZ
    Override Perameters VDD1 VSEL: 66 62 58 46 40
    Temp limit 55C Temp Reset 50C

My current frequency is sticky set at 900MHZ with VDD1 VSEL settings of 60 59 57 45 39
    I plan on running the exact same test again for 1005GHZ, 900, and 800MHZ with the current VDD1 VSEL settings just mentioned and my compcache set higher over time as well, as I go along. I'll start at the default from my original test of 20480,and work my way up to the top dog of 128mb.

p.s. I'm pleased to report only a 4% battery drain during the writing of this entire post while going back and forth with Govnah readings. Currently I'm running the 900MHZ setting with a 59 VDD1 VSEL and 500MHZ 39 VDD1 VSEL
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/21/2010 at 08:00 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

sprint pre 1.4.5
    F105
    freq stock 69,68,66,54,48
    min 700
    max 1005

for the record since the F105 has come out I have been running it, and have always kept it stock for freq sake. I have never noticed any hiccups, reboots, freezes etc since keeping it stock. i also get about 6.5 to 7 hours of battery life on moderate use a day. So im stating if your running the F105 why not try the stock freq first for a few days, and see if you have any issues, because I have not since F105 has been available way back during 1.4.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    sprint pre 1.4.5
    F105
    freq stock 69,68,66,54,48
    min 700
    max 1005

for the record since the F105 has come out I have been running it, and have always kept it stock for freq sake. I have never noticed any hiccups, reboots, freezes etc since keeping it stock. i also get about 6.5 to 7 hours of battery life on moderate use a day. So im stating if your running the F105 why not try the stock freq first for a few days, and see if you have any issues, because I have not since F105 has been available way back during 1.4.1.1.

I hear you folks. I ran it stock for quite a few days before I began to dip into tweaks to frequency and VDD1 VSEL. After all, we are here for testing purposes
    Pre|central Peacekeepers