Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1472
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #381  
    1005=60, i cannot go below that or i get sparkles
    500=35, will be testing lower today.

    Im really loving this! thanks!
  2. #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Dudes/Chicks running F105:

    Report in your 1GHz voltages. Stable only! Dont report voltages that caused a reboot or 2.

    Also 900MHz voltages too for those that play with it.

    Time to start putting the USAF markings on...
    1ghz - 56
    900 mhz - 50
    800 - 44
    700 - 38
    500 - 32

    Very stable, never a crash for over a week including daily preware loads, youtube, etc. 900 was unstable at 48.
  3. #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Dudes/Chicks running F105:

    Report in your 1GHz voltages. Stable only! Dont report voltages that caused a reboot or 2.

    Also 900MHz voltages too for those that play with it.

    Time to start putting the USAF markings on...
    58 = 1ghz

    50 = 900mhz
  4. #384  
    Sprint Pre v1.4.5
    F105 Thunderchief v1.4.5-99
    Governor: screenstate
    Min Freq: 500 MHz
    Max Freq: 1.005 GHz
    Compcache Enabled: True
    Compcache Memlimit: 96 MB

    I have Mode Switcher set to turn off wifi automatically. When I try to manually turn wifi back on it does not turn on. I sent in a report to Sconix and he found this in my /var/log/messages file:
    Code:
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.121978Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.090000] WLAN Driver cleanup started...
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.126586Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.100000] PREP_CMD: Card is Removed
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.325775Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.300000] main-thread: break from main thread: SurpriseRemoved=0x1
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.408050Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.380000] Free WLAN Adapter
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.408386Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.380000] WLAN Driver cleanup complete!!
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.408508Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.380000] Unloading WiFi Driver and Keeping WiFi Chip in reset
    He said there could be a problem with my kernel. I was running F105 at the time. I uninstalled F105, ran the stock kernel and I did not experience the wifi bug. But once I reinstalled F105 the wifi bug has reappeared.
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Sprint Pre v1.4.5
    F105 Thunderchief v1.4.5-99
    Governor: screenstate
    Min Freq: 500 MHz
    Max Freq: 1.005 GHz
    Compcache Enabled: True
    Compcache Memlimit: 96 MB

    I have Mode Switcher set to turn off wifi automatically. When I try to manually turn wifi back on it does not turn on. I sent in a report to Sconix and he found this in my /var/log/messages file:
    Code:
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.121978Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.090000] WLAN Driver cleanup started...
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.126586Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.100000] PREP_CMD: Card is Removed
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.325775Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.300000] main-thread: break from main thread: SurpriseRemoved=0x1
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.408050Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.380000] Free WLAN Adapter
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.408386Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.380000] WLAN Driver cleanup complete!!
    2010-08-15T20:10:59.408508Z [92713] palm-webos-device kern.alert kernel: [92713.380000] Unloading WiFi Driver and Keeping WiFi Chip in reset
    He said there could be a problem with my kernel. I was running F105 at the time. I uninstalled F105, ran the stock kernel and I did not experience the wifi bug. But once I reinstalled F105 the wifi bug has reappeared.
    Why is compcache set so high on a Sprint Pre-? What else do you have installed? Did you make any voltage adjustments? did you try increasing voltage?

    The messages file doesnt tell me much besides the module was unloaded for whatever reason. Send kernel buffer, cat /proc/version, modinfo sd8xxx, lsmod.

    update: tested and i can turn it off and on and it still works. I am leaning towards your install as I would have been buried with this bug from many other users.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 08/17/2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: update
    Live free or DIE!
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Why is compcache set so high on a Sprint Pre-? What else do you have installed? Did you make any voltage adjustments? did you try increasing voltage?

    The messages file doesnt tell me much besides the module was unloaded for whatever reason. Send kernel buffer, cat /proc/version, modinfo sd8xxx, lsmod.

    update: tested and i can turn it off and on and it still works. I am leaning towards your install as I would have been buried with this bug from many other users.
    Should I lower compcache? The only thing I have installed kernel-related is Userspace Input Module. I have a bunch of patches and homebrew apps installed. I have not made any voltage adjustments since I have not researched on the effects of it.

    kernel buffer, cat /proc/version, modinfo sd8xxx, lsmod
    How do I send you this information? I'm guessing I input those into the cmd line and send you the output but I just want to make sure.
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Should I lower compcache? The only thing I have installed kernel-related is Userspace Input Module. I have a bunch of patches and homebrew apps installed. I have not made any voltage adjustments since I have not researched on the effects of it.

    How do I send you this information? I'm guessing I input those into the cmd line and send you the output but I just want to make sure.
    try removing all extra add-ons to kernel, like uinput. But try lowering compcache to somethng much lower or disable it altogether then reboot and make sure its disabled, then try disabling/enabling wifi.

    use WOSQI linux command line or novaterm to send the results of those commands.
    Live free or DIE!
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    try removing all extra add-ons to kernel, like uinput. But try lowering compcache to somethng much lower or disable it altogether then reboot and make sure its disabled, then try disabling/enabling wifi.

    use WOSQI linux command line or novaterm to send the results of those commands.
    Removed Uinput, disabled Compcache, rebooted Pre, load govnah profile (compcache disabled), loaded World Mode (auto turns off wifi), turned off screen and wait a bit, used QuickSystemTasks to turn on Wif(works!), used QST to turn off and on wifi (works!).

    Here are the outputs after I did the test above

    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# kernel buffer
    -sh: kernel: not found
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 (v1.4.5-99@org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre) (gcc version 4.2.1 (CodeSourcery Sourcery G++ Lite 2007q3-51)) #2 Fri Aug 6 01:38:54 UTC 2010
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# modinfo sd8xxx
    filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/sd8xxx.ko
    author:         Marvell International Ltd.
    description:    M-WLAN Driver
    srcversion:     533BB7E5866E52F63B9ACCB
    depends:
    vermagic:       2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 mod_unload ARMv7
    parm:           param_sd_slot_selector:int
    parm:           param_sdio_bus_width:int
    parm:           param_use_sdio_irq:int
    parm:           helper_name:charp
    parm:           fw_name:charp
    parm:           mfgmode:int
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# lsmod
    Module                  Size  Used by
    sd8xxx                244808  1
    bridgedriver          142164  1
    bc_example              4344  0
    omaplfb                 9776  0
    pvrsrvkm              110264  2 bc_example,omaplfb
    Do you recommend disabling compcache? My Pre has had less freezes and restarts with compcache enabled and I'd like to keep it enabled.
  9. evertec's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #389  
    I'm at 60 @ 1ghz, 30 @ 500 mhz
  10. #390  
    58 @ 1.005ghz / 32 @ 500mhz
  11. #391  
    62 @ 1 GHz
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Removed Uinput, disabled Compcache, rebooted Pre, load govnah profile (compcache disabled), loaded World Mode (auto turns off wifi), turned off screen and wait a bit, used QuickSystemTasks to turn on Wif(works!), used QST to turn off and on wifi (works!).

    Here are the outputs after I did the test above

    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# kernel buffer
    -sh: kernel: not found
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 (v1.4.5-99@org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre) (gcc version 4.2.1 (CodeSourcery Sourcery G++ Lite 2007q3-51)) #2 Fri Aug 6 01:38:54 UTC 2010
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# modinfo sd8xxx
    filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/sd8xxx.ko
    author:         Marvell International Ltd.
    description:    M-WLAN Driver
    srcversion:     533BB7E5866E52F63B9ACCB
    depends:
    vermagic:       2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 mod_unload ARMv7
    parm:           param_sd_slot_selector:int
    parm:           param_sdio_bus_width:int
    parm:           param_use_sdio_irq:int
    parm:           helper_name:charp
    parm:           fw_name:charp
    parm:           mfgmode:int
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# lsmod
    Module                  Size  Used by
    sd8xxx                244808  1
    bridgedriver          142164  1
    bc_example              4344  0
    omaplfb                 9776  0
    pvrsrvkm              110264  2 bc_example,omaplfb
    Do you recommend disabling compcache? My Pre has had less freezes and restarts with compcache enabled and I'd like to keep it enabled.
    The module looks good.

    My mistake... when i said kernel buffer i should have said "dmesg" and cut relevant parts... but no need to now.

    Try re-enabling compcache but keep it under 32MB or so. 96MB is kinda high for the Sprint Pre and i assume when the module is unloaded when turning off it has no real memory to load it back in. low memory in 32bit 1/3GB split terms is very important.

    See if that works... then add uinput back in.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 08/17/2010 at 05:00 PM.
    Live free or DIE!
  13. #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Dudes/Chicks running F105:

    Report in your 1GHz voltages. Stable only! Dont report voltages that caused a reboot or 2.

    Also 900MHz voltages too for those that play with it.

    Time to start putting the USAF markings on...
    Still 1ghz @ 58 & 500mhz @ 30.
  14. #394  
    Lowering compcache memlimit to 32MB did it. Thanks.
  15. errsta's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    I just installed sr71 and I have to say my initial reaction is WOW! After setting up in Govnah, I test opened most common apps - msg, cal, email, web, photos and all opened like right now. Camera was about 5 secs until photo taking icons appeared. I then wanted to see temp and opened govnah and now have the never ending reset. Oh well, back to the beginning.....
    I'm having the same issue. Reverting to default kernel (from feed) didn't fix it...restored default kernel via novacom: didn't fix it...ran webosdoctor and it it works again.

    I reapplied thunderchief and it worked again for a while but the camera is back to doing that.

    Also - when this happens (I don't know if it's related but it happened both times) my sound stopped working. Phone won't ring, music won't play, etc. Can still make/receive calls normally, via speaker, and headset - so it's not hardware.

    webosdoctor fixes both issues, but I'd like to keep running thunderchief (for the speed)...
  16. #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by errsta View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Reverting to default kernel (from feed) didn't fix it...restored default kernel via novacom: didn't fix it...ran webosdoctor and it it works again.

    I reapplied thunderchief and it worked again for a while but the camera is back to doing that.

    Also - when this happens (I don't know if it's related but it happened both times) my sound stopped working. Phone won't ring, music won't play, etc. Can still make/receive calls normally, via speaker, and headset - so it's not hardware.

    webosdoctor fixes both issues, but I'd like to keep running thunderchief (for the speed)...
    Sounds like your DSP is locking up. If you do a full shutdown and remove the battery for a few seconds, does that fix it?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by errsta View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Reverting to default kernel (from feed) didn't fix it...restored default kernel via novacom: didn't fix it...ran webosdoctor and it it works again.

    I reapplied thunderchief and it worked again for a while but the camera is back to doing that.

    Also - when this happens (I don't know if it's related but it happened both times) my sound stopped working. Phone won't ring, music won't play, etc. Can still make/receive calls normally, via speaker, and headset - so it's not hardware.

    webosdoctor fixes both issues, but I'd like to keep running thunderchief (for the speed)...
    Disable compcache and try again.... the DSP and Wifi are modules and get loaded/unloaded ondemand... if there is no memory then things will stop working until a reboot. or if its set to high it wont work at all.
    Live free or DIE!
  18. errsta's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sounds like your DSP is locking up. If you do a full shutdown and remove the battery for a few seconds, does that fix it?

    -- Rod
    Tried this. Did not work.

    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Disable compcache and try again.... the DSP and Wifi are modules and get loaded/unloaded ondemand... if there is no memory then things will stop working until a reboot. or if its set to high it wont work at all.
    Does this have to be done with Govnah? Is there a CLI alternative?
  19. errsta's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #399  
    installed govnah and disabled compcache. Still having issue.

    is there a way to manually unload/reload modules? I have a couple of linux boxes with pulseaudio that are a bit finicky about loading order. Wondering if the same could be happening here.
  20.    #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by errsta View Post
    installed govnah and disabled compcache. Still having issue.

    is there a way to manually unload/reload modules? I have a couple of linux boxes with pulseaudio that are a bit finicky about loading order. Wondering if the same could be happening here.
    You really cant unload the DSP (bridge driver module) at whim. the DSP goes to sleep and reloads itself based on usage.

    Usually with solid state it either works or not. Is there some patch you are installing that kills it? voltage changes?
    Live free or DIE!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions