Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Hello comrades. Welcome back seņor Marco.

I have just updated to -88 and I must say, Feels like I just got my Pre Plus out of the car wash and got it tuned up, and got an oil change. Vroom vroom
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I just installed sr71 and I have to say my initial reaction is WOW! After setting up in Govnah, I test opened most common apps - msg, cal, email, web, photos and all opened like right now. Camera was about 5 secs until photo taking icons appeared. I then wanted to see temp and opened govnah and now have the never ending reset. Oh well, back to the beginning.....
    Reporting back. Thunderchief has kept the land problem free thus far. Temps reached 42 for medium use. Ran a 20 % dash and in that time, browsed the forums here, had every stock app open and facebook beta and at the moment battery hit the 10% mark during the last 20-25 minutes. Time to preset reset. Catch yall later. I look forward to running some tests out in the Santa Cruz sun. It's expected to reach the 80's with high humidity. Good times.

compared to previous updates, and the original chief, this motha' is a touch or two more speedy responsive.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I can report that I have been using SR71 since about the beginning. A week or two ago, I switched Pre's. Since it ran well on my first one (after using the other OC kernels), I installed in on the replacement. Well, it installed, but I was getting resets and it would not boot up without plugging it in to a charger. So I uninstalled and put in F105. After using that for a week or two, I installed the latest SR71(.84) yesterday. It boots up without a charger and has been doing great. I don't think I was using .84 before, so, either changes in the newer version helped me out, or the processor got used to higher frequencies and can now run at 1.2ghz. I have heard that electronics (cpu's) can run better after a "burn-in" period, but I'm not sure about the omap processor. In any case, great job Marco.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I going to concur with all the glowing reviews of the .88 version of Thunderchief.

I have run all versions since .47 and this one seems to be the snappiest of the bunch. I have not had any anomalies or random reboots is the couple of days that I have been running .88. It seems to be OK on the battery and stays acceptably cool, especially on the Touchstone.

Please keep up the great work on these awesome upgrades to our Palms.
    i have noticed a HUGE difference in sr71.84 as well. i tried the initial release of the blackbird and my phone didnt like it at all. actualy seemed to slow down compared to the f105 that i had been using prior to its release. Just installed the -84 and im running at light speed! not sure what changes were made but.....WOW!
    I used the SR71 Blackbird kernels for weeks and I was very happy with it, but this weekend I had to replace my Pre because of a keyboard problem. I insisted to Sprint that the replacement Pre must be a new device and not a referb, they gave me a brand new Pre. i doctored it to 1.4.1 and tried installing the SR71 Blackbird kernel but after rebooting the Pre would not boot, doctored it again and installed it one more time with the same result. I ended up instaling the F105 kernel and that works. Any ideas why the SR71 Blackbird does not work?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Ok just an FYI i did the F105-88 update last night and all seems fine.

Then i just downloaded a 40meg file using MHS and my temps hit 34. I think you should stop tinkering with F105....LOL
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Ok just an FYI i did the F105-88 update last night and all seems fine.

Then i just downloaded a 40meg file using MHS and my temps hit 34. I think you should stop tinkering with F105....LOL
    34? That's it?
    Live free or DIE!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    I had the same issue while testing SR71. Every reboot or Luna restart would reset launcher page, also it would remove any added pages. Went back to F105 and that problem is gone now. F105-88 so far is working flawlessly.
    I'm booted to F105 now and i can not keep additional launcher pages after restart. So i'm not sure its a SR71 vs F105 problem. I think I have a corrupted filesystem. I'm am going to doctor it but will wait till 1.4.5 hits everywhere.
    Live free or DIE!
    I'm been using SR-71.84 since it came out and have never had an issue with the launcher app. :^D

I also do not have heat issues under long use times. :^) This kernel rocks and when I use a Stock Pre I cry. :^(
    oh actually I did have the issue where my battery was at 25% I think and then it went to 0%. It was at 0% for about an hour so I think something weird happened there.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Sweet, voltage tweaking! Thanks for the update, one question, you recommend using Govnah for the voltage tweaks, where do I access that? Is it a new feature that isn't in the current Govnah? Do the 74 70 66, etc numbers in the vdd1_vsel file correspond to 1.74 volts, 1.70, etc for the 1.05, 900, etc states, respectively, or do I have this all wrong? :P Thanks again for all your work.
    Last edited by evertec; 08/02/2010 at 12:34 PM.
    welcome back. I have been using the F105 for weeks now and it has been running great seems very stable.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    Sweet, voltage tweaking! Thanks for the update, one question, you recommend using Govnah for the voltage tweaks, where do I access that? Is it a new feature that isn't in the current Govnah? Do the 74 70 66, etc numbers in the vdd1_vsel file correspond to 1.74 volts, 1.70, etc for the 1.05, 900, etc states, respectively, or do I have this all wrong? :P Thanks again for all your work.
    Sort of.

Each number represents the array in available_frequencies. Ignore the last 2 since I chopped them off. To calculate the voltage: (Vsel*12.5)+600=mV.

Govnah will have this feature soon, but for now it's manual and won't stick on reboot without govnah.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    I used the SR71 Blackbird kernels for weeks and I was very happy with it, but this weekend I had to replace my Pre because of a keyboard problem. I insisted to Sprint that the replacement Pre must be a new device and not a referb, they gave me a brand new Pre. i doctored it to 1.4.1 and tried installing the SR71 Blackbird kernel but after rebooting the Pre would not boot, doctored it again and installed it one more time with the same result. I ended up instaling the F105 kernel and that works. Any ideas why the SR71 Blackbird does not work?
    It's likely your new Pre does not have a "gifted" CPU/mem/hardware combo. I suggest you try F105 instead. SR71 needs the top rung of hardware to work properly, and they don't bin sort this hardware to run at 1.2GHz & tell you what you get.
    Welcome back, Plan on hopping on the F105 kernal as soon as I get a chance
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Any idea when this will hit Uberkernal?
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    i have noticed a HUGE difference in sr71.84 as well. i tried the initial release of the blackbird and my phone didnt like it at all. actualy seemed to slow down compared to the f105 that i had been using prior to its release. Just installed the -84 and im running at light speed! not sure what changes were made but.....WOW!
    I certainly agree. I'm having no issues at all. I change kernals often. Uber, Thunderbird, blackbird. Awesome!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    34? That's it?
    yup 34..........granted i checked the temp maybe a few minutes after i finished the download but i was still tethered. I was rather surprised but i did have 5 bars and strong evdo.

think the next kernel can run cold and not suck down a battery while tethering.........lol
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast