Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    @mysterfix I understand your comments, usually people don't read prior posts,
    but I read the first post, and every post in this entire thread twice over, I should have mentioned that I already tried the conventional methods but for some reason they failed, anyway after popping the pre in the freezer, and switching to a 32 windows box I was able to talk to my device.

@Rod

Thanks for answering my question
    Last edited by Joesmith_fromchat; 08/15/2010 at 09:43 AM.
    First off you should have at least read the first post of this thread before installing this kernel. If you had bothered to read that you wouldn't be asking what to do now, soo...

GO READ THE FIRST POST AND STOP ASKING SILLY QUESTIONS AND WAISTING EVERYBODIES TIME!

Not trying to be rude but if your too lazy to read the first post in this thread you have no business playing with this kernel at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesmith_fromchat View Post
    I just started messing with my pre's kernel and installed Uberkernel with 1ghz from the testing feed it was working great and I was loving it, so I decided I would go for the blackbird (even though I suspected my sprint phone would take a sh!t) and of course now its in an endless reboot, but if I didn't try it I would have always wondered.

My question is, how do I get my PC to talk to the device long enough to fix it?
    As of right now the doctor cant talk to it, and it keeps on rebooting.

If someone could point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.
    In the mean time I will continue searching the forums.

I also wondered if there are any benefits from running uberkernel vs thunderchief ? or is it just something you have to try?
    Recovery page on WebOS Internals wiki.

Safety vs boot speed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    been running thunderchief on my pre plus for 10 days now.

haven't had any serious issues. Heat is a constant worry of mine but temps have been maintaining steady 43*C whe in heavy use @ room temp.

No lags. No bugs. No glitches. No molten pile of plastic. Keep up the good work & ignore the posts from everyone who can't follow directions.
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    been running thunderchief on my pre plus for 10 days now.

haven't had any serious issues. Heat is a constant worry of mine but temps have been maintaining steady 43*C whe in heavy use @ room temp.

No lags. No bugs. No glitches. No molten pile of plastic. Keep up the good work & ignore the posts from everyone who can't follow directions.
    Heat should not be a problem any more with the past few versions. It will scale down CPU speed when too hot.
    Live free or DIE!
    I wish my VanDammaged Pre would let me at least get SR71 working long enough to tweak voltage with Govnah and see if that helps me out. But I never get out of perpetual boot and after three doctors, I just gave up.

Dont get me wrong; TChief works like a champ, but I really wanted to get SR71 to work.
  7.    #367  
    Dudes/Chicks running F105:

Report in your 1GHz voltages. Stable only! Dont report voltages that caused a reboot or 2.

Also 900MHz voltages too for those that play with it.

Time to start putting the USAF markings on...
    Live free or DIE!
    What about us SR-71 users :^(

I'm not 100% on my settings anyway, my phone or wifi radio are turning off sometimes. weird...
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    What about us SR-71 users :^(

I'm not 100% on my settings anyway, my phone or wifi radio are turning off sometimes. weird...
    F105 is older . The final call for SR71 will come soon.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    These are the lowest stable voltage settings for f105 on my Pre+. FWIW, I didn't test odd number settings. I worked in increments & decrements of 2.

1ghz - 56
    900mhz - 48
    800 - 42
    700 - 38
    500 - 28
    Unix, these have been stable for over a week on my Pre+.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Dudes/Chicks running F105:

Report in your 1GHz voltages. Stable only! Dont report voltages that caused a reboot or 2.
    Sprint Pre
    Govnah 0.6.6
    F105 1.4.5 -99
    VDD1 VSEL (for 1005mhz): 64
    (for 900mhz): 54

Had been using 60 and 52 respectively; while no 'reboots' at all, my perception is that my Pre was not as 'snappy' as with the above settings.

- Thomas
  12.    #372  
    Unix, these have been stable for over a week on my Pre+.
    You must have a Terminator Pre. Those numbers are low. Did you stress test at that voltage?
    Live free or DIE!
  13.    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Sprint Pre
    Govnah 0.6.6
    F105 1.4.5 -99
    VDD1 VSEL (for 1005mhz): 64
    (for 900mhz): 54

Had been using 60 and 52 respectively; while no 'reboots' at all, my perception is that my Pre was not as 'snappy' as with the above settings.

- Thomas
    Glad you mentioned that. There is a fine line of having things run "smooth" and being undervolted just for the heck of it.
    Live free or DIE!
    You must have a Terminator Pre. Those numbers are low. Did you stress test at that voltage?
    My stress test case was to watch a youtube video, load preware feeds, load a website, send a txt message, and receive a text message all at the same time. I did this with wifi on and wifi off. I think the only variable I excluded from my test was bluetooth. I don't have a bluetooth device so it was disabled during each test. I ran this for each frequency 1ghz, 900, 800, 700, and 500.

Let me know if you would like me to run a specific test case. Hope this helps.
  15.    #375  
    My stress test case was to watch a youtube video, load preware feeds, load a website, send a txt message, and receive a text message all at the same time. I did this with wifi on and wifi off. I think the only variable I excluded from my test was bluetooth. I don't have a bluetooth device so it was disabled during each test. I ran this for each frequency 1ghz, 900, 800, 700, and 500.

Let me know if you would like me to run a specific test case. Hope this helps.
    That should suffice... Preware loads is known to give the Rainbow Screen of Death for weak Pre .
    Live free or DIE!
    FWIW,
    Running 500mhz at 28 can be a little more "choppy" than normal but everything is stable. Bumping the voltage up to 30 alleviates this. Since it's stable I keep it set to 28 in hopes of extending battery life. My standard setting is to run 900mhz-500mhz screenstate.

Also, the higher frequencies either ran smooth or crashed. I haven't noticed a performance difference from increasing the voltage from lowest stable settings that I previously posted on frequencies > 500mhz.
  17.    #377  
    FWIW,
    Running 500mhz at 28 can be a little more "choppy" than normal but everything is stable. Bumping the voltage up to 30 alleviates this. Since it's stable I keep it set to 28 in hopes of extending battery life. My standard setting is to run 900mhz-500mhz screenstate.

Also, the higher frequencies either ran smooth or crashed. I haven't noticed a performance difference from increasing the voltage from lowest stable settings that I previously posted on frequencies > 500mhz.
    Having low voltage when the screen is off at 500MHz is the way to go. In theory the phone shouldnt be doing much.
    Live free or DIE!
    Having low voltage when the screen is off at 500MHz is the way to go. In theory the phone shouldnt be doing much.
    I have my 500mhz voltage @ 34 because I tend to use my Sprint Pre as a hotspot on the train and lower voltage affects that performance.

Otherwise, I would probably lower it to 30 (which did work for me)
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I have my 500mhz voltage @ 34 because I tend to use my Sprint Pre as a hotspot on the train and lower voltage affects that performance.

Otherwise, I would probably lower it to 30 (which did work for me)
    Which is fine. I am looking for a common stable voltage from everyone so Uber and other Stable kernels can default to. The voltage tweaking feature will still be there for those that have different work loads.
    Live free or DIE!
    Unix,

1005 = 59 (recently bumped from 58, had a hang after a couple days, not even sure it was related)
    900 = 50
    500 = 30 stable, trying 28.