Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    installed blackbird last night, upon first reboot, I noticed my screen was "sparkling" around the palm splash logo. To be more descriptive, it apeared that certain pixels on the screen were changing color and then changing back, sort of giving the effect of a july 4 sparkler (it actually looked kind of cool, and the phone was no where close to overheating at any point, so I doubt that caused the "sparkling"). When the phone booted, the "sparkling" dissapeered. I opened govna to check things out, and found the "sparkles" were back. By default, the clock speed was set at 1.05000 ghz, so I went to change it, and the phone froze. When I rebooted, the "sparkling" was gone and my pre has been as stable as can be. Temps have gone as high as 47 under load, as low as 37 under light load/idle. Average temp wavers between 42 and 44.

note: the temp is somewhat unpredictable and can have sudden bursts, and can waver up to 3 or 4 degrees between polls, but I have yet to see it go higher than 47.
    So what happened to the Thunderchief Kernel...its not in the Preware kernels testing feed. Was it replaced by something better. I had the SR71 Kernel prior to the Sprint Update, but found that it overheating on the charger and sometimes while listening to podcasts at night. I wanted to go back to the f105 kernel that I had previously, but can't find it in preware. I ended up downloading it manually and installing via QI. Anyway, What happend to f105 Thunderchief kernel and is there something better? (excluding SR71)
    I refreshed my feeds and the F105 kernel is still there 1.4.5-99
    You guys could use the updated Uberkernal if you want a 1ghz kernal. It's supposed to be more safe. That is what I do.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600 View Post
    Personally, I didn't have the time to go into increments of 1 for testing voltages. That would have doubled my testing time and I have 3 kiddos and a business; time is tight.

Second, thanks for this data, I thought I would give you a couple of graphs for your review:

It looks as if your data shows a "sweet spot" at 800MHz similar to my Pre. Keep in mind that it is exaggerated by my graph since I'm not doing a full 0-25 scale in this "zoomed" view.
    Thank you for the graphs. Yeah, I figured 800MHz was where I should run my Pre. The webos internals team had it right all along with UberKernal. That's why I was wondering what the Vsel parameters for UK are... wondering if I should head back to that kernel. I guess it doesn't matter - more customization is always better!
    Any help? tried to update feeds nothing - shows only default Plam and Uberkernel
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    You guys could use the updated Uberkernal if you want a 1ghz kernal. It's supposed to be more safe. That is what I do.
    and where is updated Uberkernel? just installed Uberkernel from Preware and it shows in Govnah maximum speed 800 MHz...
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    The 1GHz Uberkernel has not been released tot he public feeds yet. Still in the testing feeds. Public Uber max 800MHz (as you've discovered.)
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    Any help? tried to update feeds nothing - shows only default Plam and Uberkernel
    Read this entire thread and the content on this page:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    i just switched kernals from f105 to the SR71-84 n my phone rebooted but wont come back on, well its back on but stuck at the first screen that shows the PALM sign. i think i need to doctor it but i dont know how to get it into USB mode for me to complete the process, can anyone help me with this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Read this entire thread and the content on this page:
    did not work... anyone had the same problem? it shows constantly only 2 kernels - palm and uber. that's it!
    Quote Originally Posted by calgemini View Post
    i just switched kernals from f105 to the SR71-84 n my phone rebooted but wont come back on, well its back on but stuck at the first screen that shows the PALM sign. i think i need to doctor it but i dont know how to get it into USB mode for me to complete the process, can anyone help me with this problem?
    had the same problem. if u cant start up try 1. hit up volume button when starting up and switch ringer switch 3 times back and forth u should go to usb mode.

2. the most effective way which worked for me - put for 3-4 min phone into freezer (to cool it down good) , then connect phone to the wall charger (not touchstone) and then connect the plug to AC) - it will stay on 500 MHZ which will start your phone in Safe Mode (500) and then go to Preware and delete kernel. Your Pre is weak. It is what it is.

P.S. any ideas how can i get F105 back in Preware? lost it after 1.4.5 update
    Don't doctor yet.

1. Pull the battery
    2. Plug your USB cable into your Wall Charger
    3. Plug the USB cable into your Pre
    4. Reinstall the battery

That should force it to boot at 500Mhz so that you can remove SR71 (or tweak it's settings)

If that doesn't work doctor like this:

1. Pull the battery
    2. Connect the USB cable to your computer
    3. Connect the USB cable to your pre
    4. Reinstall the battery while holding down the volume up key
    5. Start the doctor
    P.S. any ideas how can i get F105 back in Preware? lost it after 1.4.5 update
    Dude, I already gave you the answer. Follow the step by step instructions on how to install the webos internals testing feed here:

Specifically the part about http://preware.is.awesome.com/

Once you've added the feed using that method restart your phone. (not luna, your entire phone)

Those steps will ensure that f105 will show up within Preware after reboot. It's Magic!

If it still doesn't work, check for typos, and remove any old manually entered feeds.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Dude, I already gave you the answer. Follow the step by step instructions on how to install the webos internals testing feed here:

Specifically the part about http://preware.is.awesome.com/

Once you've added the feed using that method restart your phone. (not luna, your entire phone)

Those steps will ensure that f105 will show up within Preware after reboot. It's Magic!

If it still doesn't work, check for typos, and remove any old manually entered feeds.
    Actually, the URL you use is irrelevant (that particular URL used as an example is a joke).

It's the feed name that is important. You need to get that precisely correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Don't doctor yet.

1. Pull the battery
    2. Plug your USB cable into your Wall Charger
    3. Plug the USB cable into your Pre
    4. Reinstall the battery

That should force it to boot at 500Mhz so that you can remove SR71 (or tweak it's settings)

If that doesn't work doctor like this:

1. Pull the battery
    2. Connect the USB cable to your computer
    3. Connect the USB cable to your pre
    4. Reinstall the battery while holding down the volume up key
    5. Start the doctor
    ok thanks i havnt doctored it yet but it has rebooted a few times is these a normal reaction n will it take a few minutes to reboot or should this action b right away?
    Just installed back F105 to 1.4.5, thanks everyone for help! one question - is 1.4.5. ok with F-105? works fine for me, wanted to ask how others?
    Just installed back F105 to 1.4.5, thanks everyone for help! one question - is 1.4.5. ok with F-105? works fine for me, wanted to ask how others?
    i know this isnt the place but when did 1.4.5 come out?
    http://forums.precentral.net/2597762-post228.html
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html