Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That would be caused by either not updating the feeds when starting Preware for the first time after an OTA update, or having the wrong feed name for the kernel testing feeds (and therefore not having the feed automatically update itself to match the new webOS version).

Please confirm that it was one of those two causes.

-- Rod
    looks like both, I neither updated the feeds initally after the update, and it looks like I didnt have the right feed name entered. Though some packages like patches, themes, and some kernals were updated. Thank you I updated the url and feeds, and now all kernals are for 1.4.5 thanks again.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    But WebOS Quick Install does not change the feed URL automatically when you change webOS version...

-- Rod
    But preware only permits installation of the latest testing feed for WebOS1.4.5. It does not allow testers to download and compare different versions. Please don't make arbitrary boundaries by hiding the 1.4.5 kernal testing folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by RRaburn View Post
    But preware only permits installation of the latest testing feed for WebOS1.4.5. It does not allow testers to download and compare different versions. Please don't make arbitrary boundaries by hiding the 1.4.5 kernal testing folder.
    All previous releases of everything WebOS Internals has ever released is available under http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/ ...

If you know what you are doing (and don't end up here having problems as a result of doing it), you can use any testing feed URL you choose, and you can download any such ipkg file you choose and use the Preware Install Package feature to install it.

There is one set of instructions, and that set of instructions guarantees that you have the latest correct feed. If you choose to deviate from that one set of instructions, then you will start having problems.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08/11/2010 at 04:55 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    rwhitby

Interesting Rod, thank you. See because I have never experienced a full preferences reset after the countless battery pulls I have done. Today after voltage tweaking to the numbers in Rob600's test; was when I encountered my very first hardware crash, reboot and preferences reset.

Since yesterday evening it (hardware crash and reboot) actually happened to me a couple of times again a couple of hours ago. The first crash happened after I went into my custom sticky profile and attempted to swap my max frequency from 1.005mhz over to 900mhz and applying the setting. Then the second time it happened after I attempted to apply temperature settings back from 55C and 50C over to 50C and 45C.

I am beginning to wonder if I have a weakling Pre Plus and I have reached the lowest levels of voltage tweaking,and if that is the case, perhaps that also means that my phone could not possibly take on the SR71. (though I have not tried)

Specs:

Verizon Palm Pre Plus
    f105 thunderchief -99
    compcache false

The common sense voice in my head is telling me to go higher in my Voltage settings, back to my previously tweaked settings which I posted a few pages back. I was a very happy camper then.

I would love to hear (see) what you or Marco have to say (type/reply) about my latest crashes and voltage tweak adventures and shenanigans. I am so intrigued by all of what has taken place, and am driven to grasp more on this. Time permitting from both of your very busy schedules of course.

Every little helps mates. Thank you

~ RoLL

After experiencing more and more crashes when viewing youtube during tests. And only with youtube. I have since made more tweaks to my VDD1 VSEL and everything seems to be back on track. Did some testing for the last one and a half hours. I'm pleased with the results thus far.

Took the training wheels off of my Pre that time and replied to my own post. Thanks anyway.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I am reporting back that while I was going through the forums here on my PrPrPr&#$275$; $Plus$,$my$ $battery$ $indicated$ $18$% $and$ $then$ $suddenly$ $the$ $pop$ $up$ $indicating$ $that$ $my$ $phone$ $was$ $going$ $to$ $shut$ $off$ $soon$ $because$ $my$ $battery$ $was$ $low$ $came$ $up$ $and$ $my$ $battery$ $percentage$ $in$ $the$ $TB$ $indicated$ $a$ $reading$ $of$ $0$%. $What$ $the$.... $I$'$ve$ $experienced$ $times$ $where$ $I$'$ve$ $ignored$ $it$, $put$ $it$ $in$ $airplane$ $took$ $a$ $few$ $pics$, $even$ $got$ $out$ $of$ $airplane$ $mode$ $and$ $logged$ $on$ $to$ $foursquare$ $to$ $do$ $a$ $few$ $check$ $ins$; $and$ $even$ $then$ $my$ $phone$ $did$ $not$ $shut$ $down$. $I$ $took$ $a$ $few$ $factors$ $into$ $consideration$, $but$ $in$ $all$ $honesty$ $that$ $really$ $erks$ $me$. $SMH$. $Anyone$ $else$ $experience$ $this$?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

updated to 1.4.5 without uninstalling F105 and had no problems. Doctored back to 1.4.1, uninstalled kernel, updated, and then reinstalled. No problems. Issues must be coming from having the wong url or not updating feeds after update. All good here guys. Keep it up, thanks!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Finally took the dive into alpha testing. Here are my results.

1005MHz 58 (1.325V)
    900MHz 52 (1.250V)
    800MHz 45 (1.1625V)
    700MHz 40 (1.100V)
    500MHz 30 (0.975V)

I know this may be in the wrong place but does anyone know what the stock Screenstate 500/800 voltages for UberKernel are? Also, is there a reason most testers are not using odd numbered VDD1 VSEL parameters (ie. 57 49 41 37 29)?
    Last edited by ironchefff; 08/11/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchefff View Post

1005MHz 58 (1.325V)
    900MHz 52 (1.250V)
    800MHz 45 (1.1625V)
    700MHz 40 (1.100V)
    500MHz 30 (0.975V)

I know this may be in the wrong place but does anyone know what the stock Screenstate 500/800 voltages for UberKernel are? Also, is there a reason most testers are not using odd numbered VDD1 VSEL parameters (ie. 57 49 41 37 29)?

You are not alone my friend. I currently have my VDD1 VSEL override perameters settings at ( 60 59 57 45 39 ). I am not quite sure how low I can take it, but I know already that I can't push it to the settings that you have posted for your results. I get crashes when viewing youtube videos.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Doctored my Sprint Pre to 1.4.5 and used the 1.4.5 testing feed to install the SR71 kernel. Installation went fine, but phone will not boot at all afterwards.

Perhaps the new Sprint release is actually 1.4.5.1 and that there's enough difference to break things. Which is going to be a serious issue when the Sprint phone identifies itself as just 1.4.5.

I'm going to doctor it again and retry, but I have a feeling I'll get the same result.

Also to bring up a previous issue someone mentioned which has not been resolved, why aren't the 1.4.5/1.4.5.1 kernel directories browseable? See screenshot below...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rudefyet View Post
    Also to bring up a previous issue someone mentioned which has not been resolved, why aren't the 1.4.5/1.4.5.1 kernel directories browseable? See screenshot below...

Thanks keeps me from doing screenshot....guess i can update my preware feeds to 1.4.5.1 i kept getting that page thinking some server issues were happening.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rudefyet View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Thanks keeps me from doing screenshot....guess i can update my preware feeds to 1.4.5.1 i kept getting that page thinking some server issues were happening.
    There was an issue with browsing the 1.4.5 kernel testing feeds (it did not affect the ability to install packages from those feeds using Preware). It has been corrected.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Um it seems that 1.4.5 is up and brows-able...but i dont even see 1.4.5.1 any where now...and i cant seem to connect with my pre....all i did was change the 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.5.1...am i missing something???
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I too notice that my Sprint Pre only shows 1.4.5...........does this mean sprint decided no.1 needed???
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Um it seems that 1.4.5 is up and brows-able...but i dont even see 1.4.5.1 any where now...and i cant seem to connect with my pre....all i did was change the 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.5.1...am i missing something???
    You're trying to do things manually instead of just following the testing feed instructions and allowing Preware to update the version number automatically on reboot.

There is no 1.4.5.1 version of webOS.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    You're trying to do things manually instead of just following the testing feed instructions and allowing Preware to update the version number automatically on reboot.

There is no 1.4.5.1 version of webOS.

-- Rod
    Yup im guilty as charged sorry ........... its just thats how i set it all up in the past and no issues at all. But the nifty url/reboot trick works like a charm.

guess the .1 is gone for now.

thanks for the patience im back up and cooking at 1005mgz.....
    updated like a charm. F105 flying high!
    Sprint pre
    F105 99

Let preware do its thing. Best and smoothest update ever.

thanks!
    I had the testing feed error earlier. However, I was able to fix it by reading one of Rod's response to a similar question asked.

I copy and paste the testing feed link in the url, and then update feed and got an error msg. I then close preware and then re-open it, I went to update, and proceeded to update it again. This time the feed updated without errors.

All testing feeds kernel(s) were back.
    Forgot to mention that I'm using the F105 Kernel. I followed the recommendation posted earlier and tested loading Preware while running Youtube. I also threw in a phone call during all that for good measure. I noticed that if my Pre was on the cusp of not having enough voltage, it would show artifacts in Govnah (tiny black specks between the lines). I need to do more testing. Thank you webos internals team!

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    You are not alone my friend. I currently have my VDD1 VSEL override perameters settings at ( 60 59 57 45 39 ). I am not quite sure how low I can take it, but I know already that I can't push it to the settings that you have posted for your results. I get crashes when viewing youtube videos.
    Ah finally, odd Vsel parameters! Look on the bright side, with those numbers (60 59 57) you can easily decide what CPU frequency to keep your Pre at. Only a 0.0375V difference between 800MHz and 1005Mhz.

1005MHz 58 (1.325V)
    900MHz 52 (1.250V)
    800MHz 45 (1.1625V)
    700MHz 40 (1.100V)
    500MHz 30 (0.975V)

Personally, I didn't have the time to go into increments of 1 for testing voltages. That would have doubled my testing time and I have 3 kiddos and a business; time is tight.

Second, thanks for this data, I thought I would give you a couple of graphs for your review:

It looks as if your data shows a "sweet spot" at 800MHz similar to my Pre. Keep in mind that it is exaggerated by my graph since I'm not doing a full 0-25 scale in this "zoomed" view.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thanks for fixing the issue I noted with the 1.4.5 folders not being available. The preware feed to other versions beside F105-99 was also not available when I reported. Sorry I didn't have time to make a follow-up report, but I never assume that I am the only person on the planet to experience technical problems involving proceedures using a variety of tools that I am familiar with.