Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I've done every test suggested in this thread on top of gaming for a few hours (Till my battery was screaming for mercy... hehe) and this is what I got so far.

Sprint Pre 1.4.5 (Doctored)
    1.2Ghz SR71-92
    Govnah 0.6.6

1.2ghz - 70
    1.05ghz - 56
    900mhz - TBDTBDTBD
    800mhz - TBDTBDTBD
    500mhz - 28

These settings have run great without any random reboots to date.
    Last edited by mysterfix; 08/09/2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Removed the 700mhz since SR71-92 doesn't have that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    after testing over the weekend I kept getting random reboots so now I have upped the voltages and have not had a reboot since.

Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1
    1.2Ghz SR71-92
    Govnah 0.6.6
    Voltages 80 70 68 64 40 36 30 (last two not working in SR71)
    I guess I spoke to soon. During a WiFi Sync transfer, the phone suddenly rebooted.

Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1
    1.2Ghz SR71-92
    Govnah 0.6.6

Voltages 82 70 70 64 40 36 30 (last two not working in SR71)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Not sure if this symptom is in the right place... but since I started with the F105-99 kernel, I'm having the issue where the "o" key either repeats or doesn't work about 75% of the time. It rarely happens with other keys, but often with the "o".
    This might be related to the newest KeyBoss update- not sure.
    I only have it here because I remember a similar issue with a previous kernel I was using.
    [Sprint1.4.1.1]
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Still sailing on F105 but hitting some minor issues. Sometimes wifi does not work, very rarely video won't load and play, and weirdly, despite all this speed, every so often the whole thing still kind of glitches and slows or freezes a few seconds. Happens eg in moving around in launcher or navigating through AP app, pretty low key basic stuff.

Also sometimes I take my phone off the charger and the screen will not turn on for a while. If I keep opening and closing slider and pushing and holding power button awhile it eventually comes on. Weird and annoying. Even happened once or twice when it was not first connected to charger.

Overall I still love it and own't go back to anything slower. Thanks Marco. I hope the above info is helpful.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Uberkernel, F105 and SR71 are OTA Update compatible and do not need to be removed before updating the OS, but I cannot remember where I read it and cannot find the post by search.

Marco, what are your recommendations? Can we leave the patch in place? Or should we remove it? If the latter can we reinstall it immediately or wait to hear from you?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Uberkernel, F105 and SR71 are OTA Update compatible and do not need to be removed before updating the OS, but I cannot remember where I read it and cannot find the post by search.

Marco, what are your recommendations? Can we leave the patch in place? Or should we remove it? If the latter can we reinstall it immediately or wait to hear from you?

Thanks.
    It has been repeatedly stated, that all kernel(s) and themes, should be removed before an update. :-)

As for reinstalling after an update, I would wait to hear from the devolopers.
  7. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    It has been repeatedly stated, that all kernel(s) and themes, should be removed before an update. :-)
    I don't believe that is true. Not sure about F105 & SR71, but Uber is designed to be OTA safe.

As for reinstalling after an update, I would wait to hear from the devolopers.
    On the contrary, all kernels installed from WebOS Internals feeds (public or testing) using Preware, are designed to be OTA compatible, and have been proven to be so when going from 1.4.1 to 1.4.5 ...

Any kernel from any other place or installed any other way should be removed (and not just for OTA purposes - such obsolete kernels should be removed permanently).

Themes should always be removed, they do not contain AUPT.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9.    #229  
    Yeah, what Rod said ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

All kernels, F102A, F104A, F105, SR71, & AV-8B are safe for upgrade.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Yeah, what Rod said ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

All kernels, F102A, F104A, F105, SR71, & AV-8B are safe for upgrade.
    Is this a hint at a new kernel? As I can not see AV-8B in Preware, precentral, or on the psycho wiki. If there is documentation then I apologise for wasting time.

Pip
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Is this a hint at a new kernel? As I can not see AV-8B in Preware, precentral, or on the psycho wiki. If there is documentation then I apologise for wasting time.

Pip
    Ooops.
    Live free or DIE!
    Ooops.

Now I'm rattling my brain to see what you could possibly do next.
    Can't wait.

Pip
    Ooops.
    Ooops! Definition equals a hint of a new kernal, or a mistake on your behalf. Come on unixpsycho, spit it out. You know I'm game.
  14.    #234  
    Ooops! Definition equals a hint of a new kernal, or a mistake on your behalf. Come on unixpsycho, spit it out. You know I'm game.
    I'll let you all speculate for a while.

i'll be somewhat off-line for the rest of the week... off to DC... Hooah!
    Live free or DIE!
    I'll let you all speculate for a while.

i'll be somewhat off-line for the rest of the week... off to DC... Hooah!
    Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    It's obvious. AV= Android Virtualised, and 0x8B in hex = ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    and 0x8B in hex =
    Are we going to be getting a 1.4 GHz kernel. Ooooooh.... What would the processor life span be on something like that, 20 days?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's obvious. AV= Android Virtualised, and 0x8B in hex = ...

-- Rod
    or Binary= 10001011

LOL. I think these guys are pulling our legs.
    Much more likely that it's just another code name related to a plane that he likes.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Could be a lot of things - The android community has the Droid overclocked to 1.4GHz. It's not very stable, though. Then again, none of them are as awesome as unixpsycho though, so he probably fixed all those problems.

The other way it could go would be the first actual overclock to the pixi.
    Well, SR-71 means speed while the AV-8B is subsonic, but able to hover and thrust vector, making for an entire new/different flight envelope.

Just rampant speculation that AV-8B would not be a "speed at all costs" kernel, so: Suspend to "mem" or "disk"?, very low power consumption?, new governor type?, SmartReflex?