1.    #1  
    Hey WebOS internal guys I was able to add wifi to my sprint pixi via a radio swap see thread here

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rks-100-a.html

It works but i would like to be able to use the sprint rom the Memory or SSD is on the radio board its self so when installing the Verizon pixi plus radio board into my Sprint Pixi it now is the verizon 1.4.1.1 I have not tried to doctor it with the sprint rom yet i am afraid that once i do this i may not be able to use the wifi I am asking for a little help in knowing how hard it would be to add the wifi drivers and controls to the sprint pixi if they are not in the Sprint version I am not very good at coding or making apps how hard do you think it would be to make an IPK for installing this?

I added 2 Screen shots one of my Pre on Sprint and one of my Palm Pixi with the Pixi Plus radio board I am thinking that when i install the sprint rom it will not install this wifo app Note the size difference Iin the pixi app and the pre wifi app i would some how need to extract that app and be able to reinstall it on to the pixi once doctored if it does not do it automatically

Thanks for any help and info you guys are great
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gitit20; 07/26/2010 at 03:02 PM.
    just run the webos doc for sprint. It will install everything that is needed and the wifi will still work. Just be sure that you back up all of your stuff from the device BEFORE you swap out the board. That board that you are replacing also has the HD on it.

From Dieter's article posted on Prec.com:

Gitit20 reports that the two versions of the Pixi are virtually identical (excepting that WiFi chip) on the inside, all the way down to the Sprint Pixi not needing an extra GPS antenna to get its transplanted board a location fix. No serial numbers or coding needed, apparently - just swap the boards and apply the Sprint webOS doctor. Unfortunately, Sprint Nav disappears and is replaced with Verizon Nav, which doesn't.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    just run the webos doc for sprint. It will install everything that is needed and the wifi will still work. Just be sure that you back up all of your stuff from the device BEFORE you swap out the board. That board that you are replacing also has the HD on it.

Gitit20 reports that the two versions of the Pixi are virtually identical (excepting that WiFi chip) on the inside, all the way down to the Sprint Pixi not needing an extra GPS antenna to get its transplanted board a location fix. No serial numbers or coding needed, apparently - just swap the boards and apply the Sprint webOS doctor. Unfortunately, Sprint Nav disappears and is replaced with Verizon Nav, which doesn't.
    I do not know if doctoring it with the sprint rom will install wifi aspects that are included with the Verizon rom I did the radio swap and all works but the VZW nav if i install the sprint rom i will have sprint nav but will i also have the wifi still thats what i am not sure since i do not have a verizon pixi handy i cant doctor it back to stock Verizon if it does not work
  4.    #4  

Sorry also wanted to add i was the first to add wifi to the sprint pixi he is talking about my thread But i have not doctored it with the sprint rom thus far
    wow....sorry, didnt realize who i was talking to.

I watched ur video and it looked like after you swapped the board and booted the phone it WAS already on the sprint network? Am i wrong? Or maybe i am just missing what you are asking.
    But hey, while im here.....THANKS for showing that this can in fact be done! Awesome work!

By the way, did ya see that your famous!?
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/26/h...rizon-pixi-pl/
    Last edited by jayjam99; 07/26/2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey WebOS internal guys I was able to add wifi to my sprint pixi via a radio swap see thread here

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rks-100-a.html

It works but i would like to be able to use the sprint rom the Memory or SSD is on the radio board its self so when installing the Verizon pixi plus radio board into my Sprint Pixi it now is the verizon 1.4.1.1 I have not tried to doctor it with the sprint rom yet i am afraid that once i do this i may not be able to use the wifi I am asking for a little help in knowing how hard it would be to add the wifi drivers and controls to the sprint pixi if they are not in the Sprint version I am not very good at coding or making apps how hard do you think it would be to make an IPK for installing this?

I added 2 Screen shots one of my Pre on Sprint and one of my Palm Pixi with the Pixi Plus radio board I am thinking that when i install the sprint rom it will not install this wifo app Note the size difference Iin the pixi app and the pre wifi app i would some how need to extract that app and be able to reinstall it on to the pixi once doctored if it does not do it automatically

Thanks for any help and info you guys are great
    I don't have a pixi so I cant exactly help you install drivers. The only thing I can say is try Sprint doctor the worst thing that can happen it does not work and you can doctor with verizon. You can also right click and open the doctor file with a file compression program (i.e. 7zip) and take a look at all the file structure installed by the doctor. Why do you want to run the sprint rom? I can rip the nav app if thats all you want. I have the Pre but the app should be the same for both. Im not sure how well that would go with forum rules so I wont post the app here. If you want it just message me. Youll need basic ssh knowledge or atleast have it or "internalz" installed to install the app.
  8.    #8  
    wow....sorry, didnt realize who i was talking to.

I watched ur video and it looked like after you swapped the board and booted the phone it WAS already on the sprint network? Am i wrong? Or maybe i am just missing what you are asking.
    Yes it was on the sprint network the first time it was booted with the pixi plus board it asked me to sign into my palm profile like a new activation I entered my profile info and i was done it was working.

To make the video i put the original radio board back in it. At that point it had already set it all up (as in patching and a theme and what not)

Only things i had to do was sign in to my palm profile also as a side note when you do this you should try to make sure it has a clean OS mine had 200+ photos and music still in the usb drive from the last person who had the Pixi plus and yes what has been seen can not be UN SEEN lol
  9.    #9  
    But hey, while im here.....THANKS for showing that this can in fact be done! Awesome work!

By the way, did ya see that your famous!?
    Hack brings WiFi to Sprint Palm Pixi courtesy of Verizon Pixi Plus radio board swap -- Engadget
    No prob man thanks a lot this is COOL