1.    #1  
    ok, so I deleted preware off my phone.. ugh! I was going to reinstall it, no worries, right??
    WELLLLL now I cannot connect my phone to the computer to use quick install, It keeps telling me no device found etc. So now I can't get preware back on my phone which means I am stuck with the current theme that is on my phone!!.. Which isn't that terrible, but I like to change them quite often!
    NOW WHAT DO I DO?? there is no way to delete it, right?? I have read I think every thread on this matter (not connecting to computer) & I did have to replace the cord, so its not the original palm cord. so i am thinking that might be the problem? But I thought I used this cord to install preware in the first place.. I AM AT A LOSS NOW.. WHAT DO I DO???
    Hi twinynumber2, and Welcome to the P|C forums!

There are several post from users encountering the same issue. Try these steps, as they seem to help:

Open up the WOSQI and select File> Options> Attempt Novacom (re)Installation

Let us know if that helped.
    did you remember to enable developer mode?
  4.    #4  
    developer mode is on... & no luck trying the re-install
    Quote Originally Posted by twinynumber2 View Post
    ok, so I deleted preware off my phone.. ugh! I was going to reinstall it, no worries, right??
    WELLLLL now I cannot connect my phone to the computer to use quick install, It keeps telling me no device found etc. So now I can't get preware back on my phone which means I am stuck with the current theme that is on my phone!!.. Which isn't that terrible, but I like to change them quite often!
    NOW WHAT DO I DO?? there is no way to delete it, right?? I have read I think every thread on this matter (not connecting to computer) & I did have to replace the cord, so its not the original palm cord. so i am thinking that might be the problem? But I thought I used this cord to install preware in the first place.. I AM AT A LOSS NOW.. WHAT DO I DO???
    Navigate to the folder PaLm, InC then reinstall novacom from here. MaKe SuRč The NoVACom service is running on the PeeCee!!!

<edited by Mod>
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/26/2010 at 04:48 AM.
    First thought (as this has happened SO often for users without thinking about it)... Your device isn't in USB mode when you are trying to run WOSQI, is it? If it is, take it out of USB mode then try.
  7.    #7  
    sorry about the lettering, i like to write big..
    where is the folder palm inc?
    and are you talking about USB mode like when you plug it in, you choose which option? It doesn't even let me choose, it just goes straight to "charging battery"
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    could be you dont have novacom installed. this happened to me once as I accidently deleted my pdk. I reinstalled the pdk and I was fine.
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by twinynumber2 View Post
    sorry about the lettering, i like to write big..
    where is the folder palm inc?
    and are you talking about USB mode like when you plug it in, you choose which option? It doesn't even let me choose, it just goes straight to "charging battery"
    Not a problem

You can find that folder under Program Files> Palm Inc. >novacom

Also... first try to simply stop and restart your novacom service. Task Manager> Services tab> NovacomD (right click to stop and start)
  10.    #10  
    i"m pretty sure I do, does someone have a link so I can make sure I am installing the right thing..
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not a problem

You can find that folder under Program Files> Palm Inc. >novacom

Also... first try to simply stop and restart your novacom service. Task Manager> Services tab> NovacomD (right click to stop and start)

ok, found the folder... & tried to stop service, it said access denied
    Are you logged into your computer as an administrator? You might also try unplugging the device, restarting the computer, and then trying again... Once in a while I have to do this with Windows 7 (I think the drivers for that OS are still a little screwy).
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Are you logged into your computer as an administrator? You might also try unplugging the device, restarting the computer, and then trying again... Once in a while I have to do this with Windows 7 (I think the drivers for that OS are still a little screwy).
    ok just restarted phone & computer.. I am going to give it one more try, but I have to head to work in a few minutes.. I will update you when I get home tonight. Lets hope it works!! I'll be back!
    Thanks so much to everyone trying to help!!!
  14.    #14  
    daanngg it.. still unable to connect device message
    Keep the suggestions coming! I'll be back in a few hours!
    Hmm... well here's a checklist of items to check off when you get back:

Restart computer with device unplugged (fresh start)

1. Novacom running in Services
    2. If you are using an external HD - unplug it (mine sometimes causes issues)
    3. Device plugged in and NOT in USB mode (must be in charging only mode)
    4. Developer Mode enabled on device

After plugging your device into the computer are you able to put it into USB mode at all (does your computer recognize it)?
  16.    #16  
    no, it doesn't recognize it at all. It goes straight to charging, the 3 buttons don't even come on to let me choose USB or Just charge.
  17.    #17  
    just wanted to let you all know... it was the cord!!! i used my sis's cord today & it worked perfectly!!! thanks so much to all of you that helped!! very much appreciated!!!