1.    #1  
    Would it be possible to have a .ipk open in Preware and Preware would recognize it and ask you to install it...it seems like it could be useful and easily done..just need to edit the default applications list to recognize a .ipk and affiliate it with preware!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyp12 View Post
    Would it be possible to have a .ipk open in Preware and Preware would recognize it and ask you to install it...it seems like it could be useful and easily done..just need to edit the default applications list to recognize a .ipk and affiliate it with preware!
    You might want to check in the Preware thread. Have a look at the latest development
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyp12 View Post
    Code:
    /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 luna://com.palm.applicationManager/addResourceHandler     '{"appId":"org.webosinternals.preware", "extension":"ipk", "mimeType":"application/vnd.preware.ipk"}'
    It will be in a future version of Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Code:
    /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 luna://com.palm.applicationManager/addResourceHandler     '{"appId":"org.webosinternals.preware", "extension":"ipk", "mimeType":"application/vnd.preware.ipk"}'
    It will be in a future version of Preware.

-- Rod
    Jason Robitaille told me it wasn't possible because of some Palm restrictions, or maybe I have the wrong idea here? :S
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I disagree.

-- Rod
    I disagree.

-- Rod
    Nevermind it works in Internalz I lied. lol
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Nevermind it works in Internalz I lied. lol
    I didn't realise that Internalz was out of secret closed beta testing yet ...

-- Rod
    I didn't realise that Internalz was out of secret closed beta testing yet ...

-- Rod
    Nah man it's on the announcements. :P
    Its not. Somebodys in trouble.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Its not. Somebodys in trouble.
    No, it's in the news.
    http://www.precentral.net/preware-in...stall-features
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    No need to get your panties in a twist it was a joke! jeees!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Lol, you people should know by now I'm not a cruel tester group overlord.

He'll receive the bare minimum # of whip lashings for this digression

But yea, Internalz v1.2 will also be registering as default handler for "ipk", among a somewhat long list of other file extensions.

When Jakeeeee said he thought I said it wasn't possible, he was mixing up some stuff I said. I was reffer to registering ipk extension and trying to locally open the ipk, the system blocks it.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook