1.    #1  
    I just noticed a new Linux Application has shown up in Preware called "EOM Overlord Monitoring." The Description says: "By default, Palm uploads multiple logs to ps.palmws.com. This stops that process."

While this does give some info, I was curious for more information about this... Like if it's expected for this to help out with memory issues (lag), if it's something that's not recommended for the time being for some reason, if there are reasons for not installing it (less data Palm can use to debug??), etc. I realize it might be something that's in the works, and that you guys may discuss/reveal later or something. So a simple "don't install, we're working on it" would suffice as an answer for me... I just wanted to know more about this before I jumped in and installed it.

By the way, there was no link in Preware for this to go to a homepage, and a search of these forums, webosinternals.org, and even google turned up nothing. So, given the previous statement, I deemed starting a thread would be considered acceptable (I always try to do my research first!).

Thanks!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    I just noticed a new Linux Application has shown up in Preware called "EOM Overlord Monitoring." The Description says: "By default, Palm uploads multiple logs to ps.palmws.com. This stops that process."

While this does give some info, I was curious for more information about this... Like if it's expected for this to help out with memory issues (lag),
    No.

if it's something that's not recommended for the time being for some reason
    It's in the alpha testing feed.

, if there are reasons for not installing it (less data Palm can use to debug??),
    That's completely your decision.

etc. I realize it might be something that's in the works, and that you guys may discuss/reveal later or something. So a simple "don't install, we're working on it" would suffice as an answer for me... I just wanted to know more about this before I jumped in and installed it.
    Feel free to accept the alpha testing rules and alpha test it.

By the way, there was no link in Preware for this to go to a homepage, and a search of these forums, webosinternals.org, and even google turned up nothing. So, given the previous statement, I deemed starting a thread would be considered acceptable (I always try to do my research first!).
    Good plan.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So Rod I installed and I also have several patches that disable the logging on the phone will they conflict?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    So Rod I installed and I also have several patches that disable the logging on the phone will they conflict?
    No. I'm not aware of any other package which touches the same files as this one.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Ok thanks
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No.

It's in the alpha testing feed.

That's completely your decision.

Feel free to accept the alpha testing rules and alpha test it.

Good plan.

-- Rod
    Thanks. You're right. I've accepted the testing rules before, so I understand everything I'm agreeing to. I actually didn't realize this was in the alpha testing feed, since they both display "WebOS Internals" in the Feed field... I think I read somewhere else someone asking if the testing feed could be properly represented in that field - would make things a little easier. Anyway, I'll just pass on this one for now then, wait for it to hit mainstream.

But thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    since they both display "WebOS Internals" in the Feed field...
    I actually pointed this out to rod yesterday.

I think he was going to change it but then the server went belly-up...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    I actually pointed this out to rod yesterday.

I think he was going to change it but then the server went belly-up...
    Awesome, thanks!
    How is this removed?
    Nobody knows how to undo this?
    Since Jason now has a patch available for this, the linux script has been withdrawn from the alpha testing feeds.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Nobody knows how to undo this?
    Use WebOS Repair Utility to restore /etc/event.d/uploadd
    Or change the 2 lines below by removing the # symbol:

#respawn
    #exec /usr/bin/uploadd -v
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    what are the advantages of using this??