Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I see that most users are stuck in the endless loop cycle and have givin up on their pre. Don't freak out there are always ways to fix your pre! It's PRECENTRAL you will get a response for help! If you installed sr71 and it did not work, then it doesn't work. Go back to your previous kernels!Unixphysco warned everyone about the risk of overclocking.
    im just curious if for the people like myself that got a no boot, would the webos repair utility work?
    Palm prē-ist.
    it worked for me. just boot your pre into usb mode and run webos doctor. but theres also another way to fix it by restoring the old kernel
    I had endless boot cycle. Truth is, it's not endless. Plug it in when you reboot it ( so it turns on at 500 mhz ) or just wait about 10 minutes for it to boot up on like 125 or 250 mhz. Thats why it takes forever to boot. I believe. Idk, i cant say 100%. But yea.
    well i want to try this out i already have the uberkernel installed, but this kernel is not on preware which is where i thought it would be so where do i get it from?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzoi View Post
    I see that most users are stuck in the endless loop cycle and have givin up on their pre. Don't freak out there are always ways to fix your pre! It's PRECENTRAL you will get a response for help! If you installed sr71 and it did not work, then it doesn't work. Go back to your previous kernels!Unixphysco warned everyone about the risk of overclocking.
    Mine is fine, a handful of people I know from novice to hobbyist to developer's Pres are doing fine. I won't agree with you on most. Can you/we find out which week number the Pre was manufactured to see if there's a correlation?
    well i just doctored it, interesting thing is now when it starts booting up the screen and keyboard flicker quite noticably its updating all the apps now, shoulda used the repair utility, havent seen a tmc error since the last dr, and it was so smooth with the uber ah well, like drago said "if he dies, he dies" i"ll just buy a pre+ and see about having the esns switched
    Palm prē-ist.
    Having trouble with some of the other kernels. The new F105 wasn't working properly, so I tried warthog, and it didnt seem to run well (never has) on my Sprint Pre.

So I tried the SR71 Blackbird with the intention of staying at 1ghz. Now the phone won't boot. Static white palm logo, then before it starts glowing the screen flashes briefly and the static logo remains indefinitely. I am at work so I can't doctor it. I will leave it for a bit and see if it eventually boots.

Any restore methods that don't involve the doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    Having trouble with some of the other kernels. The new F105 wasn't working properly, so I tried warthog, and it didnt seem to run well (never has) on my Sprint Pre.

So I tried the SR71 Blackbird with the intention of staying at 1ghz. Now the phone won't boot. Static white palm logo, then before it starts glowing the screen flashes briefly and the static logo remains indefinitely. I am at work so I can't doctor it. I will leave it for a bit and see if it eventually boots.

Any restore methods that don't involve the doctor?
    Plug it in to a charger to give it some more juice. Has worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Plug it in to a charger to give it some more juice. Has worked for me.
    Is a USB charger sufficient? Because that doesn't appear to be working and I don't have the wall adapter with me.
    I think I tried both and was more successful with the wall charger. But you could try the usb. Maybe that would work.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    Is a USB charger sufficient? Because that doesn't appear to be working and I don't have the wall adapter with me.
    USB drip charge does not throttle the CPU to 500mHz. So if you can't boot at full speed the USB will not work.
    A fellow associate had a wall charger. Great results. Thanks for the tip! 500 mhz is horrible though. Must find good kernel.
    Am i wrong or wasnt this Kernel hard coded to 500/1200? People saying they brought it down to 1ghz i think are not doing anything except changing govna when in actuality it is still at 1.2. I think. I know with other hard coded kernels this was part of the frustration. People keep saying they were testing it at say 125 or 250 when the kernel was hard coded to 500.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Am i wrong or wasnt this Kernel hard coded to 500/1200? People saying they brought it down to 1ghz i think are not doing anything except changing govna when in actuality it is still at 1.2. I think. I know with other hard coded kernels this was part of the frustration. People keep saying they were testing it at say 125 or 250 when the kernel was hard coded to 500.
    In my case in particular I never got the phone to successfully boot with SR71. So I couldn't give my experience.

I loved the previous version of F105. Worked perfectly screenstate 125/1000 with compcache.

Screenstate does not work for me in the newest version, and there doesnt appear to be an option to clock below 500 mhz. and govnah is reporting temps of 42-48 degrees after the phone has been idle.

Should post this stuff in the f105 thread, but I need to search for it.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    No, there are different OPPs between 500 and 1205mHz. It used to run at 125 and 250 as well but those were removed. Since SR71 doesn't work on my Pre I don't know what speeds are currently supported.
    The bottom end is hard coded at 500 and the top end is selectable up to 1.2. There are several setting. It can be set for 1005. And yes it does seem to scale it back according to my findings. Was not very reliable for me at 1.2 Ran it at 1005 for a while and seemed pretty stable for me. Currently went back to F105 kernel.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    My Pre was in the re-boot loop... I believe it was due to temperature... I placed my Pre in the freezer for a short time - cooled the body... placed the battery back in - this allowed me time to remove SR-71 and re-install F-105 I believe my Pre is "weak"
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    Nevermind, I got it.
    Last edited by Bgso; 07/30/2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: update
    I believe there is another option.

Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    you can send the uImage to bootie via the mem:// method or copy uImage to /boot/uImage2 or something then get into bootie and set the new bootfile then boot.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast