Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I updated to 1.4.5

I realize that the 1.4.5 kernal (800) is not out yet so it's not possible to OC my pre to 800 (yet)

However I was told that if I add 1.4.1 "testing feeds" or the 1.4.5 "testing feeds" that in the 1.4.5 feed theres a 1.4.1 kernal that I can use to get my phone back to 800.

SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE QUESTION HERE PEOPLE:

(please give me specific instructions)

I open preware, I add feed -- WHAT do I type into it to get the 1.4.5 feed ?

Please, I am already admitting I'm a newb, so no need to make fun of me or criticize me, just tell me how I can get my phone back to 800
    we aren't supposed to tell you.. If someone can't figure it out by themselves they should not be using those kernels.
    From the information you have provided, you are readily going to be told by many that you are not ready to OC your Pre!

You have clearly not read all the post on the forum, which have the specific instructions and information on how to do so.

Search is your friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    I updated to 1.4.5

I realize that the 1.4.5 kernal (800) is not out yet so it's not possible to OC my pre to 800 (yet)

However I was told that if I add 1.4.1 "testing feeds" or the 1.4.5 "testing feeds" that in the 1.4.5 feed theres a 1.4.1 kernal that I can use to get my phone back to 800.

SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE QUESTION HERE PEOPLE:

(please give me specific instructions)

I open preware, I add feed -- WHAT do I type into it to get the 1.4.5 feed ?

Please, I am already admitting I'm a newb, so no need to make fun of me or criticize me, just tell me how I can get my phone back to 800
    http://webos-internals.org
    That is not the testing feed, it is the place to search for the instructions and warnings
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    From the information you have provided, you are readily going to be told by many that you are not ready to OC your Pre!

You have clearly not read all the post on the forum, which have the specific instructions and information on how to do so.

Search is your friend!
    I like you verwon.

Yes... everyone is right... self education is the MOST important thing when working in the testing feeds. Why? Because the apps, patches etc that are present on the testing feeds and very much "use at your own risk" meaning they arent proven to be stable.

If you havent taken the time to educate yourself and something wicked nasty happens to your phone, you will be back here asking us how to fix it, versus educating yourself there too. Its a vicious circle of bollocky consternation for the "regulars" here... who see the same questions over and over again.

Search is your friend... humans were born to search and to question... the answers you want are already here.
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    go here then go to the bottom...
    you have been warned
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    rofl
    I get the feeling OP is going to make a post about having to doctor because of the SR71 kernel lol.
    "Why is my phone melting? Is that normal?"

"What do you mean when overclocking you need to watch the temperature? What do you mean battery life could be affected? What do you mean it isnt stable and could crash my phone. People should really tell me these things..."
    Oh! The OP felt bad and sign out. Can someone let Him/Her know we was just having some fun.
    on it, texting him/her right now using made up phone number.... I think I'll call him/her Terry.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    sorry for a useless post but rush's response was funny. Op I would really suggest spending time on here and learning b4 doing such things and also observing the rules of the forum.
    I tried using the testing kernels feed and I got an error message.

I understand your impatience Funkadelick. After the update, I had to install my 800 sh file right away. The slow proc speed was killing me.

Have patience. It will all be good again.
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    sorry for a useless post but rush's response was funny. Op I would really suggest spending time on here and learning b4 doing such things and also observing the rules of the forum.
    Well the OP HAS been a member since September of '09 with almost 300 posts... Ive been lurking here since june of last year I just never bothered to make a handle till recently.

But I agree... Im a big supporter of the "educate thyself" movement... and I think we could all benefit from a search button that takes up most of the top of the screen Maybe in red... and pulsating... with arrows pointing at it... then when you scroll down it gets smaller and follows the screen... still red, pulsating with arrows pointed at it... then maybe anytime you create a new thread the area where it shows you similar threads should be red, and pulsating, with arrows pointing at it... and a dialog box that says "Are you sure?" "No really... you want to ask that?" "Ok... this is the last time, are you really really sure?"
    the search button is your friend.... or google works too
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    the search button is your friend.... or google works too
    What is this "Google" that you speak of?
    if you don't know then too bad muhahaha I am a noob but was blessed with the right info to become an overclocker(f105TC)128mb CC. Heh heh.. Alright...
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    What is this "Google" that you speak of?
    google it!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast