Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post

adding feed "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1"

but after it's added, and I update feeds, where in pre ware is it located ?
    I have uberkernal AND govnah installed

I cannot get past 600 mhz.

I can't wait for your answer.
    First, you should chill out, you'll make it through this if you have some patience.

Second, why would it say "1.4.1.1" if you're on 1.4.5 anyways? LOL

But to find kernels in Preware you go to 'Available Other', then 'Kernels'
    If you've enabled the proper feed and UPDATED your feeds then you should actually show an update for UberKernel if it's already installed.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    UberKernel includes the ability to OC to 800. There is no need to download additional kernels. Sounds like your having issues with UberKernel and/or Govnah. Use those respective threads for help with those applications.
    No no - I was under the assumption that the 1.4.5 update erased the 800 clock. That I would have to revert to the 1.4.1 kernal to get my pre
    Go to Preferences, change "Show Other Types" to Yes.

Swipe back to main menu, go to "Available Other", the Kernel category is there.

OH, didn't know you were on 1.4.5. In that case, just change the 1.4.1.1 to a 1.4.5. Also, make sure you started with "http://" and compressed is set to yes.

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/1.4.5/

And name it webos-kernels-testing.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Palm Pre - normal one.
    1.4.5 (just updated)

I just want to get it back to 800 this 600 is terrible.

but like I said, I have all the feeds, all the uberkernals and govnah's, etc, i just dont know how to get it to 800

adding feed "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1"

but after it's added, and I update feeds, where in pre ware is it located ?
    Ah that's the reason. The UberKernel hasn't been updated for 1.4.5 yet. 600MHz is the max for now.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    You need to have Preware 1.1.4 or later inorder for the directions Rod gave to work....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    You need to have Preware 1.1.4 inorder for the directions Rod gave to work....
    Or later! You might want to edit to that.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Go to Preferences, change "Show Other Types" to Yes.

Swipe back to main menu, go to "Available Other", the Kernel category is there.

OH, didn't know you were on 1.4.5. In that case, just change the 1.4.1.1 to a 1.4.5. Also, make sure you started with "http://" and compressed is set to yes.

Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.5/

And name it webos-kernels-testing.

I already installed that feed

when i go into avail other and kernal -- STILL only the same 3 kernals are there

i don't see any others or any that can get me to the 800mhz
    <<merged>>

What's with all the crossposting?

Please keep your discussion regarding "testing feeds" here.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    <<merged>>

What's with all the crossposting?

Please keep your discussion regarding "testing feeds" here.
    chill winston
    im just trying to figure out how to get my phone at 800mhz while on the 1.4.5 update

so far it's proving impossible
    chill winston
    im just trying to figure out how to get my phone at 800mhz while on the 1.4.5 update

so far it's proving impossible
    The answer has been posted.
    If you can't/refuse to follow instructions correctly then you should give up.
    The correct procedure has been posted multiple times for you. Please stop posted until you have followed the instructions correctly!
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The answer has been posted.
    If you can't/refuse to follow instructions correctly then you should give up.
    The correct procedure has been posted multiple times for you. Please stop posted until you have followed the instructions correctly!
    I have followed all the instructions and have added at least 10 different feeds, testing feeds, etc. from 1.4.1, to 1.4.1.1, to 1.4.5, to "testing", etc. etc.

I have updated govnah and preware. I have installed the uberkernal and govnah. I updated feeds, looked in "avail/other" and STILL no kernals exist -- just the original 3 I mentioned.

not sure exactly what instructions you are talking about, but none of them have led me to an 800 mhz kernal on a 1.4.5 update

and don't tell me what to do your not a mod - i can post here over and over and I will until someone shows me how to get it
  12.    #52  
    pip smith: read what the person wrote above: "Ah that's the reason. The UberKernel hasn't been updated for 1.4.5 yet. 600MHz is the max for now."

It's a joke and easy to upgrade to 600mhz. I am not talking about 600. I am talking about 800. No one has shown me yet how to do this with a 1.4.5 update or else I wouldn't still be here
    pip smith: read what the person wrote above: "Ah that's the reason. The UberKernel hasn't been updated for 1.4.5 yet. 600MHz is the max for now."

It's a joke and easy to upgrade to 600mhz. I am not talking about 600. I am talking about 800. No one has shown me yet how to do this with a 1.4.5 update or else I wouldn't still be here
    1.4.5 can be clocked to 800, I have it clocked to that right now.
    The instructions I talk about are the ones posted by Jason Black quoting rwhitby or you can see the webos-internals.org wiki and find them on there.
    Have you turned the testing feeds on in the drop down menu after adding the feeds?
    I'm a Mod,
    and pip smith has spoken correctly.

These guys have tried to help you. And YOU aren't getting it.
    You are being rude to them, and showing disrespect to our forum by crossposting all over the place.

We have since closed your other threads.

This is your final warning - repect this forum and the those trying to help you.

-Berd
    P|C Staff
  15.    #55  
    1.4.5 can be clocked to 800, I have it clocked to that right now.
    The instructions I talk about are the ones posted by Jason Black quoting rwhitby or you can see the webos-internals.org wiki and find them on there.
    Have you turned the testing feeds on in the drop down menu after adding the feeds?
    I now have about 30 feeds, every testing feed is turned on yes... they are all updated/turned on

when I go into pre ware and search for kernals -- only 3 show up -- the same 3 everytime (pre/pixi, pre+/pixi+, stock)

I could add another 30 feeds, and still those are the only 3 kernals that will show up.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm a Mod,
    and pip smith has spoken correctly.

These guys have tried to help you. And YOU aren't getting it.
    You are being rude to them, and showing disrespect to our forum by crossposting all over the place.

We have since closed your other threads.

This is your final warning - repect this forum and the those trying to help you.

-Berd
    P|C Staff
    Please note there is a difference between helping and criticizing, ridiculing and making fun of.

I am sure, as a moderator, you can notice the difference between the two.

If someone ridicules me and makes fun of me, and this is totally fine with you, then why is it when I am just as rude in turn, I get a "final warning"

Incredible.
    I now have about 30 feeds, every testing feed is turned on yes... they are all updated/turned on

when I go into pre ware and search for kernals -- only 3 show up -- the same 3 everytime (pre/pixi, pre+/pixi+, stock)

I could add another 30 feeds, and still those are the only 3 kernals that will show up.
    Quick thought
    Go to preferences, and check your Preware update options. What have you got it set to. Make sure it is set to every start up.
  18.    #58  
    the problem mainly is that no matter what testing feeds I add, the 1.4.1 kernals are not found (i was told to look in available/other)

nothings there
    Did you restart your phone? Anyway, take a screenshot of your feeds and post them up and we can see if they look correct.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  20.    #60  
    Quick thought
    Go to preferences, and check your Preware update options. What have you got it set to. Make sure it is set to every start up.
    yeah it updates every launch.

gonna try to reboot maybe it will work.

so your sayingi when YOU go into preware and into avial/other you see like many diff. types of kernals ? from 1.4.1 1.4.1.1. to 1.4.5 ?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast