Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks bluewanders!

While I was waiting for my Pre to arrive, I spent that whole week on this forum, learning the ins and outs, so I knew what to do when i got it.

I admit some of the instructional posts are quite long, but they are also well worth the time spent reading them.

And yes, just from doing that, I got annoyed with people asking the same questions over and over, again!!!

Then again, I used to work for a forums site for many years, so I am already aware of how people are and what not to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    [url= me google that for you[/url]
    I WAS ABOUT TO DO THAT lol
    i know i have posted the info myself, so a simple search should give you all the info you need
    I believe that I have found the cure for

HINT: Remember to always read from page one of every thread. Search is your friend. Remember those two simple things and your experience will be bliss. Palm/PrPrPr&#$275$;$gasmic$.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    I updated to 1.4.5

I realize that the 1.4.5 kernal (800) is not out yet so it's not possible to OC my pre to 800 (yet)

However I was told that if I add 1.4.1 "testing feeds" or the 1.4.5 "testing feeds" that in the 1.4.5 feed theres a 1.4.1 kernal that I can use to get my phone back to 800.

SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE QUESTION HERE PEOPLE:

(please give me specific instructions)

I open preware, I add feed -- WHAT do I type into it to get the 1.4.5 feed ?

Please, I am already admitting I'm a newb, so no need to make fun of me or criticize me, just tell me how I can get my phone back to 800
    No googling or thread searching necessary.

Look at the existing list of feeds in preware. Take the root of the url and put that into your browser. You should be able to figure it out from there. If you can't, you probably shouldn't be messing with experimental kernels.
    : (){:|:&};:
  6.    #26  
    I've added about 100000000000 feeds to pre ware. I still get errors.

Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/

I've added many others.

When i go into preware -- WHERE are these kernals?

I need to OC my phone to 800 (using the old 1.4.1 kernals)

but where are they in preware? where would they be located? it don't matter how many "Feeds" I add / update when i go into kernels there's only the same 3 (pre/pixi, pre+,pixi+, stock)

WHERE ARE THESE 800 kernals?

have I added the right feeds? i used this:

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    First some rules:

Anyone participating in WebOS Internals alpha testing of any kind must be prepared to fully erase and webOS Doctor their phone at a moment's notice without warning and without any regrets or complaints.

They must be prepared to and able to log into the command line on the device and type Linux commands when instructed to do so. Knowing Linux commands ahead of time is preferred, but not required if you are willing to learn them when necessary or can follow instructions without making mistakes.

They must be prepared to go to great and extraordinary lengths to try and reliably reproduce any problems they encounter.

They must give full and detailed bug reports, leaving out no piece of information which could possibly be remotely connected to the problem.

They must read any and all documentation and forums threads (in their entirety) before asking a question.

They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.

If you're not prepared to do *all* the above, and do it all in good spirit, then please wait for the public release of the item.

If you are prepared to do *all* the above, then by all means please participate in the alpha testing.

Note that everything above is a function of attitude, not of skill.

If you agree to the above rules, feel free to follow these instructions:

1) Type 'webos-kernels-testing' (without the quotes, and using lower case letters and hyphens only) in the NAME field of the NEW FEED section of the Manage Feeds screen accessible from the Preware application menu.

2) Put http://preware.is.awesome.com/ in the URL field.

3) Leave the IS COMPRESSED toggle as is.

3) Hit "Add Feed" and read the disclaimer carefully. Yes, the things you might find in kernel testing feeds are likely to completely wipe your device without warning. Hit the Ok button only if you are prepared to lose all your data and destroy your device without any regrets or complaints.

4) Immediately reboot the device by simultaneously pressing the Opt, Sym and R keys.

5) Wait for the device to boot.

6) Open Preware, and hit Update Feeds. Make sure you have a working network connection for this.

Preware will repair the URL field automatically when the device boots.

You must be running Preware 1.1.4 or later for this to work (yes, this has been possible for quite some time).

-- Rod
    I couldnt quote this. But i took the words of Rod (Rbwhiby)

First some rules:

Anyone participating in WebOS Internals alpha testing of any kind must be prepared to fully erase and webOS Doctor their phone at a moment's notice without warning and without any regrets or complaints.

They must be prepared to and able to log into the command line on the device and type Linux commands when instructed to do so. Knowing Linux commands ahead of time is preferred, but not required if you are willing to learn them when necessary or can follow instructions without making mistakes.

They must be prepared to go to great and extraordinary lengths to try and reliably reproduce any problems they encounter.

They must give full and detailed bug reports, leaving out no piece of information which could possibly be remotely connected to the problem.

They must read any and all documentation and forums threads (in their entirety) before asking a question.

They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.

If you're not prepared to do *all* the above, and do it all in good spirit, then please wait for the public release of the item.

If you are prepared to do *all* the above, then by all means please participate in the alpha testing.

Note that everything above is a function of attitude, not of skill.

If you agree to the above rules, feel free to follow these instructions:

1) Type 'webos-kernels-testing' (without the quotes, and using lower case letters and hyphens only) in the NAME field of the NEW FEED section of the Manage Feeds screen accessible from the Preware application menu.

2) Put http://preware.is.awesome.com/ in the URL field.

3) Leave the IS COMPRESSED toggle as is.

3) Hit "Add Feed" and read the disclaimer carefully. Yes, the things you might find in kernel testing feeds are likely to completely wipe your device without warning. Hit the Ok button only if you are prepared to lose all your data and destroy your device without any regrets or complaints.

4) Immediately reboot the device by simultaneously pressing the Opt, Sym and R keys.

5) Wait for the device to boot.

6) Open Preware, and hit Update Feeds. Make sure you have a working network connection for this.

Preware will repair the URL field automatically when the device boots.

You must be running Preware 1.1.4 or later for this to work (yes, this has been possible for quite some time).

-- Rod
    How many threads do you need about this? I've already answered the question in the other thread

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...h-preware.html
    <<Thread Moved>>

To overclock your webOS phone download http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...er-kernel.html and http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...01-govnah.html

...and read all the help files, web pages and documentation available to you. I also recommend waiting until 1.4.5 support is officially available.

Additionally, do not create anymore threads on this topic. Crossposting is not allowed at P|C. Your questions can be answered by having some patience and being polite in the existing threads.

Thanks
    RyleyinSTL
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 07/21/2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I couldnt quote this. But i took the words of Rod (Rbwhiby)

First some rules:

-- Rod

For christ sake. I've seen this 10 times and I've done it 10 times. I'VE ADDED THIS FEED AND OTHERS. I've rebooted 10 times. I've done it over and over.

The question is WHERE in Preware are the kernals located ? B/c when I go to Kernals there are only the same 3. I don't see any of the others.

So where are they IN PREWARE ? in which area ?
    I've added about 100000000000 feeds to pre ware. I still get errors.

[url= of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/[/url]

I've added many others.

When i go into preware -- WHERE are these kernals?

I need to OC my phone to 800 (using the old 1.4.1 kernals)

but where are they in preware? where would they be located? it don't matter how many "Feeds" I add / update when i go into kernels there's only the same 3 (pre/pixi, pre+,pixi+, stock)

WHERE ARE THESE 800 kernals?

have I added the right feeds? i used this:

[url= Feeds - WebOS Internals[/url]
    You don't need to download any feeds to overclock to 800. You just need uberkernel and govnah. Both can be found by searching their respective name in Preware list of everything.
    Also see ryelistyi's links.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    How many threads do you need about this? I've already answered the question in the other thread

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...h-preware.html

No you didn't answer the question. I told you I have added all the necessary feeds. But why aren't the kernals showing up in Preware ?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    You don't need to download any feeds to overclock to 800. You just need uberkernel and govnah. Both can be found by searching their respective name in Preware list of everything.
    Also see ryelistyi's links.
    I have uberkernal AND govnah installed

I cannot get past 600 mhz.

I can't wait for your answer.

Have you got a Pre or a Pixi?

And you realise that they are two separate packages you have to instal?
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/21/2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Um, it's in the Experimental testing kernel feed.

ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1/

Also, it helps to know the name of the one you want, that way you can search for it instead of trying to find it in the categories. I don't even know where the Kernels category is in Preware.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM

You must do a full reboot of your phone as per the instructions.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    UberKernel includes the ability to OC to 800. There is no need to download additional kernels. Sounds like your having issues with UberKernel and/or Govnah. Use those respective threads for help with those applications.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Have you got a Pre or a Pixi?
    Palm Pre - normal one.
    1.4.5 (just updated)

I just want to get it back to 800 this 600 is terrible.

but like I said, I have all the feeds, all the uberkernals and govnah's, etc, i just dont know how to get it to 800

adding feed "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1"

but after it's added, and I update feeds, where in pre ware is it located ?
    Palm Pre - normal one.
    1.4.5 (just updated)

I just want to get it back to 800 this 600 is terrible.

but like I said, I have all the feeds, all the uberkernals and govnah's, etc, i just dont know how to get it to 800

adding feed "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1"

but after it's added, and I update feeds, where in pre ware is it located ?
    Don't add the 1.4.1.1 testing feed!!!!
    You might want to mention that you are on 1.4.5 first next time.
    Follow the instructions for Prewareisawesome url, if you don't follow all the instructions then you are doing something wrong.
    Once you have the feeds active there will be an update waiting for Uber.
    All the info you need is now here so don't ask further questions until you have followed the instructions correctly.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast