1.    #1  
    I recorded the video for the WEBOS Internals team to show off the new kernel. It's 6 minutes and I tried to open the applications that people asked for.

Settings
    1.2Ghz
    Sprint Palm Pre
    16mb Compcache
    TCP Illinois
    I/O Noop

I hate you Chuck Norris.
  3.    #3  
    I made the video on -79 to gloat on the chuck norris fact even more lol
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    My Pre seems way snappier than that...
    Might be the fact that I haven't doctored in a while. I'ma doctor soon and try it out
  5.    #5  
    lol I do have a lot of apps and patches it's unbelievable.
    your touch screen isnt very responsive, i noticed it took two or three attempts sometimes.. and you dont have very many feeds opening on preware, so of course it loads faster. mine at 1ghz is just as fast...
    I had to uninstall, it was very fast and worked great except for 3D gaming, the game would crash few minutes into playing.
    No matter what I tried I would aways get stuck in the reboot loop so I ga e up and right now I'm running UberKernel 250/720 and it's fast enough and I like the number 72 so I'm not going any faster...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    your touch screen isnt very responsive, i noticed it took two or three attempts sometimes.. and you dont have very many feeds opening on preware, so of course it loads faster. mine at 1ghz is just as fast...
    My touch screen had water poured on it by my niece so it works when it wants to. And Sprint won't give me a replacement because it's water damage.
    Phone still laggy on the app's that matter, ie. GMaps. "But I know it's the app's fault". Sprint Nav blows up the temp faster then a MoFo on 1.2GHz. Doing more then 5 app updates in a row at 1.2GHz causes the critical warning level to display when using the temp patch. Boot time is not improved from 800MHz to 1.2GHz for me "and that's with using a stop watch".

Oh and battery life... "WHAT BATTERY" hahaha.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I got my first heat warning running at 800mhz using sprint nav while charging in my car, why does that app run so hot?

dope video dude, that phone runs like lightening
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Phone still laggy on the app's that matter, ie. GMaps. "But I know it's the app's fault". Sprint Nav blows up the temp faster then a MoFo on 1.2GHz. Doing more then 5 app updates in a row at 1.2GHz causes the critical warning level to display when using the temp patch. Boot time is not improved from 800MHz to 1.2GHz for me "and that's with using a stop watch".

Oh and battery life... "WHAT BATTERY" hahaha.
    Thats because the the Kernel boots at 500MHz. You can overclock it however much you want, but because of the rules of kernels that WebOS Internalz follow it will always boot at stock speed.
  13.    #13  
    Good news guys, I got me a replacement pre today. I just went to another Sprint Store, and showed them how hard it is to work the touch screen. & I was luckily blessed with another Chuck Norris pre. After I finish installing all my applications & patches again ( I've slimmed the list down a lot now ) I'll be doing another video which will hopefully be a much better video.
    Currently running T-Bird; so my Sprint Palm Pre (still my original) is only a brown belt Chuck. Perhaps over the weekend, I will let my Pre take its black belt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariste View Post
    Thats because the the Kernel boots at 500MHz. You can overclock it however much you want, but because of the rules of kernels that WebOS Internalz follow it will always boot at stock speed.
    My biggest complaint is boot time so this seems a little dumb to me... i would much rather have my phone boot 800MHz-1.2GHz and run at 500MHz then vis versa.

No pun intended. I know there guidelines are for a reason, but maybe they could make a kernel that does what i said and allow us to decide on using it or not.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    My biggest complaint is boot time so this seems a little dumb to me... i would much rather have my phone boot 800MHz-1.2GHz and run at 500MHz then vis versa.

No pun intended. I know there guidelines are for a reason, but maybe they could make a kernel that does what i said and allow us to decide on using it or not.
    I think the SBromwich Kernel boots at 800Mhz.