Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Preparing for the 1.4.5 update coming soon, I ran the EFV patch and received information that the following files had been modified improperly:

/etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/sources.json
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    I have prepared myself for a trip to the doctor as much as I can, and if I have to do so, I will.

But, today, I went to copy each of these files to my desktop using the very cool FTP capabilities and noticed that for every improperly modified file, 2 things:

1. Every file was modified on 04/22/2010, so I know the problem is coming from a single patch install or some sort of system error on that day. I have no idea what the root cause is, however.
    2. For each of these files, there is a backup file named "BadlyModifiedFileName.webosinternals.orig" with the same date and time as the badly modified file. That tells me the original file is available to put back in place if I wanted to.

Question 1: I want to avoid doctoring if I can, what would happen if I simply copy the backup files on top of the badly modified files?

Question 2: I removed all launcher patches I had installed as from looking around, the files in question above seemed launcher related (I removed 4x4 Icons v3 and Advanced Config for App Launcher). This has not impacted the error received running EFV at all. Any way to tell specifically what patch modified these files, as it seems to be a single patch?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I think this must be a fairly quick answer, I just don't have the background to know myself.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    If there is a reason why this question can't be answered, please let me know so I can move on. Thx.
    It's hard to say, but replacing the files with the backup files is likely to be OK if EFV is reporting it doesn't know of them being modified by aupt. If there are problems after repairing them, I recommend updating the saved package list in preware, running EPR to wipe all patches and then use Preware saved package list to install all (to get your patches back)

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks Eric, I tried this out tonight and the files won't allow me to ftp over them, delete them, rename them, nothing. I am sure it is a matter of who owns the file, I am signed in as root.

Can you tell me how I gain the ability to work with these files?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I found the files using Internalz, but am unable to delete the files with that interface to then allow FTP of the backup file.

I have searched and cannot find any information about how to modify files inside /Internal, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Thanks Eric, I tried this out tonight and the files won't allow me to ftp over them, delete them, rename them, nothing. I am sure it is a matter of who owns the file, I am signed in as root.

Can you tell me how I gain the ability to work with these files?

Thanks!
    mount -o remount,rw /
    <change files>
    mount -o remount,ro /

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Should I presume that this part:

Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    <change files>
    is where I insert files, 1 on a line, that I want change?

And I do this in the terminal?

Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Should I presume that this part:

is where I insert files, 1 on a line, that I want change?

And I do this in the terminal?

Thx.
    yes, you can also try to use Jason's Repair utility if you are unfamiliar with command line.

-Eric G

Donate