Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    DO NOT INSTALL THIS IF YOU LIKE YOUR PHONE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

SR71 Blackbird is now available. Check your local neighborhood testing feed.

Those was "weak" Pre's: DO NOT INSTALL! If you do, have the Doctor ready.

Better yet.... DO NOT INSTALL THIS UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DOCTOR YOUR PHONE BECAUSE IT WILL FAIL!!!

If you dont know how to recover your phone then DO NOT install!
    (I can keep repeating this but people will still not read it and complain that it bricked their phone)

• 1.2GHz
    • NextGen Screenstate with temp monitoring
    • Memory tweaks in kernel (no more TMC errors)
    • No compcache (unlike previous F10x kernels)
    • Only with Screenstate governor. Scales from 500MHz

This is to test 1.2GHz and new screenstate code.

This version of screenstate:

• Temp monitoring. Over 55C it scales down to 500MHz (or at least it should)
    • Wall charging (1000mA) and Touchstone will scale to 500MHz, USB charging stays at max speed.
    • LCD off: scale to policy->min, LCD on: scale to policy->max

Usual disclaimers apply. Send flames to /dev/null.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 07/18/2010 at 05:08 PM.
    Live free or DIE!
    dieado likes this.
    You have outdone yourself again. The SR71 was a fine work of art!
    So why no compcache on this kernel?
    unix you do great work. So this one is only availabe for 1.4.5 users? I am not seeing it in the 1.4.1.1 thread.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/17/2010 at 10:41 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    So why no compcache on this kernel?
    compcache was causing too many TMC errors, so I removed it

And because it's almost Sunday.
    Live free or DIE!
    when I was a kid I had a love affair with the sr71.

I bought the estes model rocket kit and built one, then I decided to use a larger engine sice than was recommended ( a d perhaps?)

anyway, my blackbird was preety awesome before that engine, but with the oversized engine, it really flew.

I'm sure your kernel will be no different.

edit, it was a "d" engine I moded that thing to take

on a side note, I did eventually lose that rocket, I kinda blew it up. But that was because I pushed the nosecone on to tight wedged with the parachute

kudos!
    Last edited by windzilla; 07/17/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    Thanks unixpyscho I am installing now!!
    So...the thing to fix TMC errors was causing too many TMC errors? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I can't deny the awesomeness of the blackbird, I might have to jump in on this just because of that.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    no... I was caught in a sarcastic moment.
    Live free or DIE!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    when I was a kid I had a love affair with the sr71.

I bought the estes model rocket kit and built one, then I decided to use a larger engine sice than was recommended ( a d perhaps?)

anyway, my blackbird was preety awesome before that engine, but with the oversized engine, it really flew.

I'm sure your kernel will be no different.

edit, it was a "d" engine I moded that thing to take

on a side note, I did eventually lose that rocket, I kinda blew it up. But that was because I pushed the nosecone on to tight wedged with the parachute

kudos!
    But did it go Mach 3?
    Live free or DIE!
    Because it's almost Sunday? Was that some sort of secret hint, or just more sarcasm?
    Compcache doesn't fix TMC errors.

Removing the TMC error checking is what fixes TMC errors in PsychoKernels (F102A, F104A, F105, SR71). Changing the TMC error calculation is what fixes TMC errors in UberKernel.

Compcache just makes going into swap a bit less of a cliff edge as far as speed goes.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Compcache doesn't fix TMC errors.

Removing the TMC error checking is what fixes TMC errors in PsychoKernels (F102A, F104A, F105, SR71). Changing the TMC error calculation is what fixes TMC errors in UberKernel.

Compcache just makes going into swap a bit less of a cliff edge as far as speed goes.

-- Rod
    Oh. Well I thought that was what the big deal was. I never used compcache anyway so I never knew any difference. Thanks though.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  15.    #15  
    Oh. Well I thought that was what the big deal was. I never used compcache anyway so I never knew any difference. Thanks though.
    compcache, depending on how its used, will help you run more bloated apps and sometimes be faster when swapping.... and maybe even save battery life when having an absurd amount of apps open.

Its one of those things where workload is important. Also mainly for the original Pre where memory was tight.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    compcache, depending on how its used, will help you run more bloated apps and sometimes be faster when swapping.... and maybe even save battery life when having an absurd amount of apps open.

Its one of those things where workload is important. Also mainly for the original Pre where memory was tight.
    To be honest I've found that a simple java restart cleared any memory problems, which as you both probably know very well is much faster than a Luna restart or a full reset.
    Uninstalled F105, rebooted, installed SR71 and now my Pre is in a boot loop (about every 20 seconds screens goes black, then Palm logo popups).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Yes that happened to me as well I am doctoring now and going to reinstall. I was in the process of saving a profile in Govnah when it locked up. Had to do a battery pull. But those are the things you sign up for with alpha testing.
    Same for me. Ugh I don't wanna doctor. Oh well no choice lol.

EDIT: It did loop like 2-3 times, but now it's on(1205 mhz). Should I switch back to a stable kernel until this is fixed?

EDIT2: VBA runs like amazing. No sound drops really, even on the games that had horrible stutters before.

EDIT3: Was playing a game and it froze, rebooted, rebooted again.. Going to revert back to Uberkernel for a while.
    Last edited by Jakeeeee; 07/17/2010 at 11:30 PM.
  20.    #20  
    For those with "weak" Pre's.... when it boots you have to set the profile to over 500MHz.

No need to Doctor, find a uImage and boot mem your phone to uninstall kernel.

Since I dont have this kind of Pre I can test this.
    Live free or DIE!
Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast