Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    there is a page on webosinternals called alternative recovery where you use a ucastle.image from the webos doctor jar file to boot. It works, isn't hard and avoids a visit to the doctor.

on another note, they haven't officially flown them much in a long time. In '96 a pilot decided to take one 'for a spin' and flew from bakersfield, ca down to a base near the border and back in an ungodly short amount of time. The result was a lot of 911 calls because they just don't break the sound barrier over densely populated areas much these days, or those days.
    I saw that but had never tried it so I didn't know the exact steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I saw that but had never tried it so I didn't know the exact steps.
    same here. had to doctor
    Well, I uninstalled F105. By time I got around to installing the new SR71 it had already been updated to *-80. So far so good, not a single issue as of yet on my 12/2009 Pre. BTW, all camera lag is gone and I also can't really get the checkered boxes when scrolling around a web page any more :-) It's almost 3AM, I'll have more updates tomorrow or Monday with some more feedback on 'real life' use.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    grab http://unixpsycho.com/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430

run /opt/Palm/novacom/novacom boot mem:// < uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430

when powering on the phone hold the up volume key like you were going to do a doctor... run that command.
    How do we use this? Where do we put it? I want to test out the new kernal but I'm not sure what this is for.
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    "Kernel not compatible" or "md5sum verification failed"? If the former, you've got the wrong feed name. If the latter, install the Palm Recovery kernel first (Bell stock kernel has some different md5sums for a few of the modules for some reason).

-- Rod
    So I had to remove the kernel testing feed and re-add it since my OTA update to 1.4.5. Looks like the feed doesn't get updated automatically upon an OTA update...

Now that I am running -80, so far so good...
    does anyone remember back in like december 09 people saying how running at "600 Mhz" was going to seriously mess up our Pre's...

lol...1200mhz, I cant believe it.
    prince_basil. That is only if your pre hangs during boot and you need to be able to boot it up, and uninstall the kernel which is preventing you from booting normally.
    mamouton, just for future reference the exact steps were in the section where it talks about booting with the image. Where it says something like 'do whatever you need to do' do nothing and just keep following the steps. Hardest part for me was getting the pre into usb mode with the volume trick, but I eventually was able to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    prince_basil. That is only if your pre hangs during boot and you need to be able to boot it up, and uninstall the kernel which is preventing you from booting normally.
    Okay, so how would I do it? Or where are the instructions and where do I place the file?
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    So I had to remove the kernel testing feed and re-add it since my OTA update to 1.4.5. Looks like the feed doesn't get updated automatically upon an OTA update...

Now that I am running -80, so far so good...
    It gets updated if it has the correct name. Any difference in spelling or capitalisation will stop it working properly.

-- Rod
    80 locks up my pre also, tried plugging it in to no avail, doctoring for second time this morning. im gettin good at it
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    80 locks up my pre also, tried plugging it in to no avail, doctoring for second time this morning. im gettin good at it
    Same lol
    It gets updated if it has the correct name. Any difference in spelling or capitalisation will stop it working properly.

-- Rod
    I wonder if it is working properly then. Immediately after updating to 1.4.5, I was not able to reinstall F105. I got the same "Kernel not compatible" error. There were/are a bunch of other Bell customers in the same boat. Could it be that the feed update mechanism isn't happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    compcache was causing too many TMC errors, so I removed it

And because it's almost Sunday.
    Interesting with a compcache kernel I got way fewer TMC errors/
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    It's a no-go for me. Uninstalled F105 from my Sprint Pre, then rebooted and installed SR-71. Phone froze on boot (never saw the glowing palm logo). Visiting the doctor now, then will try again
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    It's a no-go for me. Uninstalled F105 from my Sprint Pre, then rebooted and installed SR-71. Phone froze on boot (never saw the glowing palm logo). Visiting the doctor now, then will try again
    Read the whole thread before doctoring.
    some devices just don't like OPP1 and OPP2
    with SR71, OPP1 is 250MHz and OPP2 is 500MHz
    So on BB, if you set the minfreq to 500 or less, and your device hangs; you've got a weakling, right?
    Found I have a weak pre, good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    So on BB, if you set the minfreq to 500 or less, and your device hangs; you've got a weakling, right?
    Note that post referred to -78, and -80 has now put OPP1 and OPP2 back to 125MHz and 250MHz to allow weak devices to run at 500MHz (now OPP3 as of -80).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    Interesting with a compcache kernel I got way fewer TMC errors/
    That is because of the other changes in that kernel, not the compcache modules themselves. Those other changes are still incorporated in SR71.

-- Rod
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast