Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    I have both testing feeds turned on, but I am unable to find SR71. Can anyone guide me in the right direction. I am alpha testing other apps so I believe I have the feeds installed correctly, I just don't know how to find the SR71. Thanks in advance.
    So that means you have never installed an alpha testing kernel from Preware before and you're starting with SR71? This should be interesting The feed instructions are right underneath the alpha testing rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I am a Bell 1.4.5 user, and am unable to install SR71.

I was previously running F105 and when my 1.4.5 update was available, I uninstalled F105 and did the OTA upgrade. When I tried to reinstall F105, I got an error saying the kernel is not compatible with this webOS version. I then tried installing the stock kernel (which worked), but could still not reinstall F105.

I thought I would try installing SR71, but I am getting the same "kernel not compatible" error.

Any ideas?
    "Kernel not compatible" or "md5sum verification failed"? If the former, you've got the wrong feed name. If the latter, install the Palm Recovery kernel first (Bell stock kernel has some different md5sums for a few of the modules for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by dompee44 View Post
    this is probably a stupid question but what exactly constitutes a "weak" Pre? as opposed to....? please advise, thanks.....ps is the SR71 BlackBird available OTA through Preware? or must it be installed through usb? i've been running @ 800Mhz for about a month now with no heat or any other issues the only ting is i'm missing the UberKernal option in my Preware App? i apologize for jumping all over the place, any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks again
    A "weak" Pre is one that hangs at 500MHz or less when running SR71. They will often hang at 250MHz or 125MHz on previous kernels. There is no discernible pattern - it is not related to carrier, model type or manufacturing date as far as we can see at the moment.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So the SR71-80 blocks the pre from dropping below 500mhz?
    I was enjoying having a chuck Norris pre @250mhz lol
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor2011 View Post
    So the SR71-80 blocks the pre from dropping below 500mhz?
    That is now the case.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    it took awhile to update to -80. The first thing I notice is that the Pre doesn't need to be plugged up to the wall charger to boot up. Waiting for it to finish now.
    Rod the 700 option is gone so what should we go with now. I put it at 800/1205mhz and it locked up on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So that means you have never installed an alpha testing kernel from Preware before and you're starting with SR71? This should be interesting The feed instructions are right underneath the alpha testing rules.

-- Rod
    SR71 was my first alpha.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Running it now! It seems pretty stable, and my CPU temps are ranging from 37C idle (ie coming out of idle) to 45C max while having a few cards open.

I'm running 1205/125 screenstate. I'm afraid for my battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Re Your Brains View Post
    Running it now! It seems pretty stable, and my CPU temps are ranging from 37C idle (ie coming out of idle) to 45C max while having a few cards open.

I'm running 1205/125 screenstate. I'm afraid for my battery life.
    Scaling that much can't be good for your processor at all.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Scaling that much can't be good for your processor at all.
    What would you recommend? Keeping it up around 250/500?
    thanks for the info on "weak"...as for UberKernal.....now i'm really feeling like an *****, I swear I know what a mouse and everything is, ha! Seriously idk? I could have sworn I had more feed or cat options in Preware but now that you said is it installed? Perhaps no? I know it used to be there or @ least I thought it was...if you could point me in the right direction as far as installing it and I promise i'll quit wasting your time with stupid questions...i've been kinda learning on the fly with this "tweaking" of my Pre and up to this point, piece of cake but I think I finally hit the wall, anyway, thanks again
    Managed to install this one with only slight hitches.

Screenstate scaling from 500/1205 with no hang issues, but I've also changed the I/O scheduler to noop and disabled compcache.

I just launched Dungeon Hunter in literally half a second. The Gameloft logo barely had time to display.

So far so stable, and the only tweak I've done which a lot of you may have not is set logging levels to minimal.

As for the hitch.. Upon first install and reboot you may see your screen dissipate and fade to black. Try pulling and reseating your battery and then place the non-powered phone on your touchstone and turn it on. Even better if you plug it in to the wall charger. When it turns on you should immediately adjust Govnah to suit your situation.

Hope it helps, I'd be more than happy to provide additional information.
    I am having my best results by not changing any of the default settings. I had just started dungeon hunter and you are correct it took about a blink of an eye to start.

Edit just went into Govnah to check settings and realized it was at 1005mhz I guess that is all my Pre likes. I will run it for awhile to finish testing. Upon changing to 1205 Pre locked up and restarted it looked like a battery pull restart showed palm logo briefly and then it faded out.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/18/2010 at 01:47 AM.
    No compcache (unlike previous F10x kernels)
    Only with Screenstate governor. Scales from 250MHz
    unixpsycho with no compcache do we need to disable it in Govnah or is it done automatically?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Rod the 700 option is gone so what should we go with now. I put it at 800/1205mhz and it locked up on me.
    Marco took pity on the weakling devices and put 500MHz back on OPP3 in -80, so you can just use 500MHz at the low end now.

I suggested he leave it like it was in -78 to let everyone separate out a Chuck Norris Pre from a weakling pre, but he's too much of a softie and released -80

-- Rod
    So that means you have never installed an alpha testing kernel from Preware before and you're starting with SR71? This should be interesting The feed instructions are right underneath the alpha testing rules
    I feel a smackdown coming for asking this, but here goes anyway. Where can I find the alpha testing rules so that I can then find the feed instructions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    I feel a smackdown coming for asking this, but here goes anyway. Where can I find the alpha testing rules so that I can then find the feed instructions?
    1) In the @webosinternals tweet from an hour or so ago.

or

2) http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds

-- Rod
    Thank You
    Marco took pity on the weakling devices and put 500MHz back on OPP3 in -80, so you can just use 500MHz at the low end now.

I suggested he leave it like it was in -78 to let everyone separate out a Chuck Norris Pre from a weakling pre, but he's too much of a softie and released -80

-- Rod
    Thanks I guess it is 1205mhz it doesn't like everytime I select that one my Pre locks up. So I guess have a weakling pre. . My Pre needs a workout regime to get beefed up. Well I guess it is back to Thunderchief actually this one imo seems to run better at 1005 but it may just be a placebo effect. I will not give up. I will keep trying and trying.
    Anyone run any benchmarks yet?

If some of you are wondering why some OMAP chips can handle this kernel and some can't, read up on microprocessor and RAM yields. These factors come into play when pushing chips to the limit.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    there is a page on webosinternals called alternative recovery where you use a ucastle.image from the webos doctor jar file to boot. It works, isn't hard and avoids a visit to the doctor.

on another note, they haven't officially flown them much in a long time. In '96 a pilot decided to take one 'for a spin' and flew from bakersfield, ca down to a base near the border and back in an ungodly short amount of time. The result was a lot of 911 calls because they just don't break the sound barrier over densely populated areas much these days, or those days.
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast