Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    yes, I have installed Govnah and preset to 500mhz before the SR71 installed because I have heard so many fails from this post. I wanted to make sure the first reset would not loop continually. After the first reset, I changed the Govnah to " min500 and max1.2G." range in the advanced settings.

If I turn off the screen and on the screen again, I will see the frequency bar shown in Govnah immediately jump from the bottom to the top and the number is 1200mhz. I guess the offscreen speed will be 500mhz.
    I just want to clarify, when the Sprint Pre gets 1.4.5.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1 or whatever the latest and greatest update is, will SR71 or F105 be compatible with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    I just want to clarify, when the Sprint Pre gets 1.4.5.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1 or whatever the latest and greatest update is, will SR71 or F105 be compatible with it?
    That is the question that alpha testing of the kernel with that version of the firmware will answer. Alternatively, if the kernel source code for 1.4.5 is released by Palm in the meantime.

However, the packaging of WebOS Internals kernels ensures that your device will safely revert to the Palm kernel if they update it, just like AUPT for patches, until we determine whether it is compatible and mark it as such.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Apparently I have a Chuck Pre! Runnin -78 as we speak with screen state set 125mhz-1205mhz no hitches to speak of yet. Gonna due a lot more testing tomorrow, I have quite a few games and apps to test with. -84 was very stable for me but ate my battery like it was a bag of skittles. -78 seems to be a bit less power hungry so far for me. I've been using the phone for about an hour and a half straight with a lot less battery drain so far. Web surfing, installing and uninstalling patches and luna restarts after every process.
    I would just like to say wtg to unix, ron, and all the programmers behind making the pre the baddest phone on the planet! I'm running f105 now and love it. I'm debating wether or not I want to see if my pre can handle it or not. I've always taken the chances and with all my testing and experimenting I have never had to doctor. I know it's coming one of these days, I've just dodged the bullets so far.

I remember thinking at one point "what do I need a smartphone for...if I want to play on the internet I'll use my computer". HA! Those days are coming where getting online will be faster (as well as my pre's processor) than getting on my laptop! lmao!

So cudos to all those that have the intelligence and the will to push through where the ones who actually make money developing and selling this stuff fall short!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    not having any probs here...guess I got a Charlie Bronson Pre....better than chuck..ive been running all the SR71's with no troubles. I wonder if it's becuz I have a vzw pre plus. Keep up the great werk unixpyscho
    Rod, is there any advantage to sticking with -78 if a Pre can handle it? I would think there might be a battery saving advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Rod, is there any advantage to sticking with -78 if a Pre can handle it? I would think there might be a battery saving advantage.
    It uses lower voltages at the top end, so should save battery. The amount saved is likely to be swamped by other power sinks like the radios and screen, but every little bit helps.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    r u srs? You don't need unixphycho to explain these things that even Google could explain to you.

You can ask other people or figure it out be reading the thread. You said you did, but I don't understand what you don't understand. Let me break it down to you:

F102 and F104:
    They were the first compache kernels. F102 is locked at 500/800 screen state. F104 is not locked and can be configued with Govnah.
    F105:
    The 1ghz kernel. This was all written in the original threads, so IDK why you are asking here and specifically asking unixphycho.
    Well, thanks for trying to answer my question, even though you had to bash me for asking it.

If I posted the question in the wrong thread, then just ask the moderator to move it!

I asked for unixphycho because I had make a mistake with him once before and I wanted to be clear that I was indeed using his stuff.

Since I addressed it to unixphycho, then you should probably have not answered it for him if you had to make such a big stink about it.

Your answer was incomplete, what happened to talking about SR71 Blackbird? Maybe that's why I addressed it to unixphycho, because he would have answered it correctly.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

anyone have any recommendations on a profile setup? Heres mine with the latest version of SR71:

Screenstate: 125-1205
    Swap Enabled: 48000 (Do you guys suggest increasing this value?)
    ancipatory? (whats the difference between this and noop)
    Westwood? (whats the difference between this reno, vegas, yeah, and illinois?)

also, it seems that my pre doesnt drop to 125mhz?
  11.    #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    OK, I need some clarification again!

I noticed in the listing of available custom kernels:

F102A Delta Dagger
    F104A Starfighter
    F105 Thunderchief (or is that Thunderbird, nah,, just kidding unixpsycho)
    SR71 Blackbird
    and
    Palm Kernel - which is the original Palm kernel that we use if we need to restore back to original.

OK, unixpsycho, can you please re-describe the differences in those different flavors again.
    Have a look at: Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals

F102 & F104 I was testing compcache and TMC but F104 was bloated and can scale down to 125MHz. F105 was testing 1gig and new screenstate with voltage polling. SR71 is just showing off, probably wont go anywhere as it was just sent on a bombing mission to see who was left standing.... and of course Chuck Norris was left and gave everyone the finger.

Remember, Chuck Norris doesnt do push-ups, he pushes the earth down!
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Well, thanks for trying to answer my question, even though you had to bash me for asking it.

If I posted the question in the wrong thread, then just ask the moderator to move it!

I asked for unixphycho because I had make a mistake with him once before and I wanted to be clear that I was indeed using his stuff.

Since I addressed it to unixphycho, then you should probably have not answered it for him if you had to make such a big stink about it.

Your answer was incomplete, what happened to talking about SR71 Blackbird? Maybe that's why I addressed it to unixphycho, because he would have answered it correctly.

Rob
    meh. I was kinda being a ****. In my defence my girlfriend just moved out
    ask the mods to move it? It's so much more fun to flame you lol
    With the pluged in while installing and launching way it ended up freezing pretty shortly into being all loaded it. Back to 1ghz I go.
    I tried 1.2ghz again off a clean install to no avail. It does appear to be working fine at 1ghz tho. No complaints here.
    what exactly is going on with the "next-gen" screen state?
    Back to square one
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/22/2010 at 03:50 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Have a look at: Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals

F102 & F104 I was testing compcache and TMC but F104 was bloated and can scale down to 125MHz. F105 was testing 1gig and new screenstate with voltage polling. SR71 is just showing off, probably wont go anywhere as it was just sent on a bombing mission to see who was left standing.... and of course Chuck Norris was left and gave everyone the finger.

Remember, Chuck Norris doesnt do push-ups, he pushes the earth down!
    Do you think any of this functionality will make its way into UberKernal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Do you think any of this functionality will make its way into UberKernal?
    All the things that are stable already have.

-- Rod
    How many of you have had problems running 3D games on the kernel? NOVA constantly crashes everytime I try to play it. I don't know if this is something that happens to everyone or if I have one of the "weak" Pres.
    Hi Rod & Marco,

I'm having a problem uninstalling SR71-78. I installed via webOSQuickInstall after downloading from /feeds/

Everything's been running fine, I just want to drop back down to F105 and stick to 1GHz.

When I go to Device Management in WebOSQI and checkmark the kernel and hit uninstall, I get a box popping up that endlessly repeats "FREMOVFREMOVFREMOVFREMOVFREMOVFREMOVFREMOVFREMOV" etc.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
    Chris

EDIT: I just scrolled to the beginning of the error message and found this:
    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-sr71-kernel-pre.prerm: line 4: FORCE_REMOVFREMOVFREMOVF.....REMOVF: File name too long
    Last edited by vandassen; 07/22/2010 at 10:20 AM.