Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    IMHO this relatively unstable kernel should only be intalled by die-hard testers & other crazy people. ThunderChief-f105 is apparently much friendlier and only 200mghz slower. I wonder if a blinded tester could even notice a difference in performance. That said, I haven't risked trying BB yet, I'm staying with the Chief for now. So, maybe I am not crazy enough to be a good alpha tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Originally Posted by vandassen
    I haven't notice any changes, I basically see my Pre working like normal.

I started with -81, -82, -84 and I've been 500/1200 since I first dl'd

(Rush's Response)
    Try going back to stock, and see how that work for you. Just did it, and wow.. I never knew it was so slow. I have NFSU playing, and too many cards error keep popping up.
    LOL I doctored my phone this morning and it's been stock all day "" is right!

DL'ing 1.4.5 now, then I'll do my restore, then my saved package list (although most of my stuff was restored automatically already), then I'll get back into SR71 (gonna try -78 this time)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabro View Post
    Why visit so much guy´s here the doc?? I don´t understand this fact! Here in this thread is so much talked about the boot-issue and how you can it get back to work WITHOUT doctoring... Crazy people...
    Unfortunately, due to the situation I got myself into, I had no other choice. But I think some of the doctoring that's been reported here could have been avoided for sure!
    Yeah, you´re right, SOME had no other chance than doctoring (like myself today, but it was´nt a problem of this Kernel). But the most of the people here have only to read this thread instead of doctoring...
    BTW: Sorry for my bad english....
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t View Post
    @ 1.2ghz.. runs beautifully
    ok what I need to do to make it run successfully
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbles79 View Post
    so install and find out?! That's not an answer to my question. Is there any other way to find. I don't feel like replacing another. The preware and patch process along with apps is not fun
    There is no other way to test the mettle of your device other than trying out -78 (a typo in my previous post) to see if you have a Chuck Norris Pre, or the latest version to see if you have a VanDamme or weakling.

-- Rod
    Any known weak Pres been able to run -84?
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    unixpsycho said it (always weird to type "Marco" because my name is Marco too):

[URL]

But if it isn't necessary, I'll gladly not do it anymore since taking the back off this phone with no fingernails is a PITA.

And another update from a Van Damme phone. Version 82 is turning mine into a weakling. It must not like the more voltage to the high-end. Had to drop down to 1GHz. Updating to 84 now to see if that makes any difference.
    Yes, Marco said to use it for weird problems, not as a first response, and I agree.

99% of problems won't need it.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/21/2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Any known weak Pres been able to run -84?
    Those that can't run OPP1 or OPP2 will have success on -80 or later. Those that are weak at the top end won't.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no other way to test the mettle of your device other than trying out -78 (a typo in my previous post) to see if you have a Chuck Norris Pre, or the latest version to see if you have a VanDamme or weakling.

-- Rod
    I'd like to try -78 but I'm on -84 right now. Is there a way I can get that earlier version to test with? I started at -80 but haven't had any problems other than my battery hates Chuck Norris's guts.
    84 build seems the fastest and most stable to me. No studdering.

great build
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    I'd like to try -78 but I'm on -84 right now. Is there a way I can get that earlier version to test with? I started at -80 but haven't had any problems other than my battery hates Chuck Norris's guts.
    Uninstall your current kernel using Preware, and then use Preware 1.2.3 or later to install the ipk file from ipkg.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ok, thanks.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shamus_1976 View Post
    I just tried Blackbird and locked up my near launch Spint Pre on reboot. The phone hung up on the Palm logo and didn't even glow at all. I pulled the battery and tired a bunch of times to no avail.

I had to hold down Up on the volume to get the Doctor to access the device. Doctor is restoring the device.

I did have some patches loaded, like the 4x4 and the improved file naming patch. I don't know if that matters. I'll try again on a fresh OS install.
    Good luck. Same thing happened to me. I doctored and tried again to install SR71 as the first thing I did and it still hung on me. Looks like F105 is as fast as I can fly
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    IMHO this relatively unstable kernel should only be intalled by die-hard testers & other crazy people. ThunderChief-f105 is apparently much friendlier and only 200mghz slower. I wonder if a blinded tester could even notice a difference in performance. That said, I haven't risked trying BB yet, I'm staying with the Chief for now. So, maybe I am not crazy enough to be a good alpha tester.
    Absolutely wrong.

This kernel is fine, it's your phone that cant handle it.
    Live free or DIE!
    I can't believe there is not any problem on my weak pre for a already 1 day of SR71.
    I took a guy's advice to plug in the power before installing.
    There has not a single reset after. I have installed the fast flash patch.
    After the SR71 installed, almost all programs are within one flashing to launch.
    Some of them are instant.

The experience of F105 is only a bit better than 800mhz while SR71 is totally different.
    Now pressing those icons are like hard buttons, their response are instant.
    Hi there, little question: i want to scale from 800 to 1200. i made a profile at govnah. but everytime i switch the sreen off and after a few seconds on, govnah shows me, that is was down at 500mhz, not at 800 which i setted at govnah. is it an issue with govnah or is it a "feature" off this kernel?

Thank you, Sascha
    Hey unixpsycho, on -84 I have had one Luna restart, and then one hard reboot. The way that it rebooted, was that the screen faded out to black, then back to the Palm logo and took the standard amount of time to boot. On the previous build, I had zero issues though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    I can't believe there is not any problem on my weak pre for a already 1 day of SR71.
    I took a guy's advice to plug in the power before installing.
    There has not a single reset after. I have installed the fast flash patch.
    After the SR71 installed, almost all programs are within one flashing to launch.
    Some of them are instant.

The experience of F105 is only a bit better than 800mhz while SR71 is totally different.
    Now pressing those icons are like hard buttons, their response are instant.
    Does it run at the 1.2GHZ speed then? I might give it one last go with this tip. Worst case I have an awesome looking paper weight lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandassen View Post
    I'm running 500/1200 and all is good. 500/1005 is also running well.

Why underclock to 125 or 250? should I? my phone seems to like 500. just not clear on the theory here... thx
    There's a reason why none of the predefined profiles in Govnah have 125MHz or 250MHz entries ...

Google 'linux race to idle'.

-- Rod