Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vandassen View Post
    I haven't notice any changes, I basically see my Pre working like normal.

I started with -81, -82, -84 and I've been 500/1200 since I first dl'd
    ok and I thought that would be a better scale the 500/1200. question though when you resett your phone, and check govanah does the scale say min at 500 now or is it at 125mhz?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ok and I thought that would be a better scale the 500/1200. question though when you resett your phone, and check govanah does the scale say min at 500 now or is it at 125mhz?
    I saved as a new profile - 500/1200

My profile seems to be sticky. I just shutdown and powered back up. As soon as I start Govnah it shows 500/1200 as the active profile and doesn't seem to revert back to 125.
    I saved as a new profile - 500/1200

My profile seems to be sticky. I just shutdown and powered back up. As soon as I start Govnah it shows 500/1200 as the active profile and doesn't seem to revert back to 125.
    ok cool, then I might try this after acouple more people try it, and post more results thanks again.
    heheh I just ran Govnah, Glyder2 and Asphalt5 at the same time with barely a slow-down. Switching between them is seamless.

...adding Jump O'clock didn't sit well with my Pre. Power + ringer switch x3 did the trick...

Hey webOSinternals, why can't I play 3 games all at the same time?? j/k lol I love you

EDIT: My phone didn't like that one bit. Upon restart, I got a message saying a Restore was required and to sign back in to my palm profile to restore. looks like I have some restoring to do :P

My background, patches, and theme are intact but no dl'd apps...

I thought the power + ringer trick was just a restart. Is it a full-blown reset?
    Last edited by vandassen; 07/21/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    Ok. My boss left and I have another Pre to play with. Going to load up Blackbird. I'm tempted to try -78, the first one and see if it really is a Norris. ha-ha
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Ok. My boss left and I have another Pre to play with. Going to load up Blackbird. I'm tempted to try -78, the first one and see if it really is a Norris. ha-ha
    How do you try old releases? I thought once you update you can't go back
    heheh I just ran Govnah, Glyder2 and Asphalt5 at the same time with barely a slow-down. Switching between them is seamless.
    ...adding Jump O'clock didn't sit well with my Pre. Power + ringer switch x3 did the trick...
    EDIT: My phone didn't like that one bit. Upon restart, I got a message saying a Restore was required and to sign back in to my palm profile to restore. looks like I have some restoring to do :P
    My background, patches, and theme are intact but no dl'd apps...
    I thought the power + ringer trick was just a restart. Is it a full-blown reset?
    This has happened once before. Last time, I improperly rest my device (via the Device Info>Reset Options) without doing EPR and EFV. The patches are still doing their jobs (including SR71) but they do not show as installed. This leads to all kinds of conflicts trying to install/update (because it sees them as duplicates).

Saved package list is still intact.

Time to doctor and restore. Again, thank goodness for webOSinternals!
    How do you try old releases? I thought once you update you can't go back
    You can start here and drill down:

Index of /feeds/
    This has happened once before. Last time, I improperly rest my device (via the Device Info>Reset Options) without doing EPR and EFV. The patches are still doing their jobs (including SR71) but they do not show as installed. This leads to all kinds of conflicts trying to install/update (because it sees them as duplicates).

Saved package list is still intact.

Time to doctor and restore. Again, thank goodness for webOSinternals!
    you could also go to each patch you have installed and try to install them again then remove them, this worked for me a couple of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    you could also go to each patch you have installed and try to install them again then remove them, this worked for me a couple of times.
    I have 81 patches... :P Besides, when I hit install all, the very first one fails. If I do them one by one, same thing - they fail because they think the patches are already there. It's a weird "ghost" situation... couldn't install/remove any.

I'm already almost back to normal, doctored>restored palm profile>gmail synced>facebook synced>apps re-installing... then I just have to dev mode, install preware, and add the stragglers

This is what I get for trying to showoff lol

Gonna try -78 next
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You can start here and drill down:

[url= of /feeds/[/url]
    Only -78 and over for me, -74 for Chuck Norris Pre test not available

In the meantime, mine is a solid Van Damme
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A Chuck Norris Pre is one that can run SR71 version -74 at 250/1205

A VanDamme Pre is one that can run SR71 version -80+ (since version -80 was updated to accommodate some types of weakling Pre).

A weakling Pre is one that cannot run SR71 at all.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

I only see -78 (or -0) as the earliest release. Did you typo -74, or does -0 = -74? (apologies if I'm totally wrong) Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.5/

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Is there any benefit running the SR71 kernel over the F105 kernel if they are both clocked at 1 ghz? My Sprint Pre with the F105 kernel has been super stable, super quick, and battery drain is not bad at all.
    Bump.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Bump.
    No, the opposite could possibly be true. F105 is optimised for running at 1ghz. Sr71 is being tweaked to worked at 1.2ghz and is being significantly over-voltaged. This ofcourse is my understanding of it, so dismiss if you may.
    Well, my test pre is running -78 without any problems. I think -78 is the first one since it says "Initial release."
    My pre is running the latest 81...or 83 I forget the build number, but it works ok. I just saved a 500/1200 profile in Govnah. Oh I just noticed my phone studder when Govnah opened...weird, never had that on F105.

More results as testing continues...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A Chuck Norris Pre is one that can run SR71 version -74 at 250/1205

A VanDamme Pre is one that can run SR71 version -80+ (since version -80 was updated to accommodate some types of weakling Pre).

A weakling Pre is one that cannot run SR71 at all.

-- Rod
    I've been thinking of the weak ones as the Daniel LaRusso Pre.

M.
    Originally Posted by vandassen
    I haven't notice any changes, I basically see my Pre working like normal.

I started with -81, -82, -84 and I've been 500/1200 since I first dl'd

(Rush's Response)
    Try going back to stock, and see how that work for you. Just did it, and wow.. I never knew it was so slow. I have NFSU playing, and too many cards error keep popping up.
    I just tried Blackbird and locked up my near launch Spint Pre on reboot. The phone hung up on the Palm logo and didn't even glow at all. I pulled the battery and tired a bunch of times to no avail.

I had to hold down Up on the volume to get the Doctor to access the device. Doctor is restoring the device.

I did have some patches loaded, like the 4x4 and the improved file naming patch. I don't know if that matters. I'll try again on a fresh OS install.
    Why visit so much guyīs here the doc?? I donīt understand this fact! Here in this thread is so much talked about the boot-issue and how you can it get back to work WITHOUT doctoring... Crazy people...
    Last edited by sabro; 07/21/2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: forgotten word