Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    (briefly off topic) lol @ Van Damme. All he was good at was the high straight leg kicks, and the splits. Weren't there a few tabloids and in the martial arts media that called him out for being a fake?

I think after my next Doctors visit, I'll give the SR71 a test. Reading through this thread has been very helpful.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/21/2010 at 07:43 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    My new pre which I recieved yesterday is one of great shame. Not only could it not run the new SR71 kernel but it was also unrecoverable by any of the ways mentioned in this thread. On top of that I had to visit the doctor 2 times yesterday to get it to even turn back on. Oh what great shame has fallen upon my household
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    thats what I was stating when I was testing out this SR kernal. Once I got out of the boot loop and jumped to govanh, and set it to min 500 the phone worked fine. I think since the phone default, on this kernal is set to 125mhz it trys to scale to 1.2ghz and causes problems. I wounder if the min could be set to 500mhz, and seeing if that stops the problem with reboot issue and the loop.
    I'm running 500/1200 and all is good. 500/1005 is also running well.

Why underclock to 125 or 250? should I? my phone seems to like 500. just not clear on the theory here... thx
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    My new pre which I recieved yesterday is one of great shame. Not only could it not run the new SR71 kernel but it was also unrecoverable by any of the ways mentioned in this thread. On top of that I had to visit the doctor 2 times yesterday to get it to even turn back on. Oh what great shame has fallen upon my household
    LOL your Pre is doomed to live a life of heart-ache and woe...
    Quote Originally Posted by vandassen View Post
    LOL your Pre is doomed to live a life of heart-ache and woe...
    well this pre seems to have more issues than just that. I think i'm going to be getting on the phone with asurion and having them send me another one. This phone has been unstable since the moment I turned it on and doesn't like staying connected with the sprint network even when I am in an area I know has very strong connection ie my apartment
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A Chuck Norris Pre is one that can run SR71 version -74 at 250/1205

A VanDamme Pre is one that can run SR71 version -80+ (since version -80 was updated to accommodate some types of weakling Pre).

A weakling Pre is one that cannot run SR71 at all.

-- Rod
    so install and find out?! That's not an answer to my question. Is there any other way to find. I don't feel like replacing another. The preware and patch process along with apps is not fun
    btw I'm running -84 now. still no problems to report.

Yesterday I played Asphalt5 for an hour with no issues and super-fast loading. Also played Glyder2 with Govnah and Jump O'clock in the background / Jump O'clock with Govnah and Glyder2 in the background - flawlessly.

I wish my little Pre could prove itself as a Chuck... But alas we joined the game at -81 so Van Damme it is!

Thanks Rod and Marco, I am amazed by the incredible performance boost!!
    aww man and 84 is out now? I can't even test it since my phone is running homebrew and preware free at the moment. I gotta find an open wifi point on my break and see if i can get my phone set back up. It's like i'm using some old outdated mobile OS without my patches installed

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    aww man and 84 is out now? I can't even test it since my phone is running homebrew and preware free at the moment. I gotta find an open wifi point on my break and see if i can get my phone set back up. It's like i'm using some old outdated mobile OS without my patches installed
    I feel for ya man... I don't wish that upon anyone lol

These kernels and patches are game-changers!
    Honestly if it wasn't for the homebrew and webos community in general I probably would have jumped to the android boat.

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I don't believe either Marco or I would have said that. A normal reboot is quite enough.

-- Rod
    unixpsycho said it (always weird to type "Marco" because my name is Marco too):

http://forums.precentral.net/2503371-post506.html

But if it isn't necessary, I'll gladly not do it anymore since taking the back off this phone with no fingernails is a PITA.

And another update from a Van Damme phone. Version 82 is turning mine into a weakling. It must not like the more voltage to the high-end. Had to drop down to 1GHz. Updating to 84 now to see if that makes any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbles79 View Post
    so install and find out?! That's not an answer to my question. Is there any other way to find. I don't feel like replacing another. The preware and patch process along with apps is not fun
    1) In Preware Saved Packages List, hit Update to make sure it has the current list of installed packages.

2) In Save/Restore, save the application data for Preware, just in case.

3) In Preware, run EPR

4) In Preware, run EFV to confirm everything is removed

5) Accept the webOS 1.4.5 update

6) In Preware, go to the Saved Packages List, and re-install the packages. Don't hit update, or it will clear your list.

7) If for some reason, the Saved Packages List is not there, you can restore it from Save/Restore.

-- Rod
    Re-patching shouldn't be that big of a headache... Replace Steps 3,4,5 (above) with restore your phone / doctor, and this should streamline the process of getting your patches and apps back quick.

Obviously the first 2 steps above need to be taken BEFORE something goes wrong.

Between Backup, Save/Restore, and Saved Package List - I haven't had to manually re-install a patch or app since I got the phone.

btw my preware list is - 131 apps, 84 patches. Thank goodness for webOSinternals!!
    Re-patching shouldn't be that big of a headache... Replace Steps 3,4,5 (above) with restore your phone / doctor, and this should streamline the process of getting your patches and apps back quick.

Between Backup, Save/Restore, and Saved Package List - I haven't had to manually re-install a patch or app since I got the phone.

btw my preware list is - 131 apps, 84 patches. Thank goodness for webOSinternals!!
    big-ups for the info I have all that stuff installed on my phone. I'm gona get all that stuff done so I can install blackbird. I have just about the same amount of apps and patches. I've already had to re-install all that stuff before thanks
    Honestly if it wasn't for the homebrew and webos community in general I probably would have jumped to the android boat.
    preware is the only reason I still have this phone webos is amazing but without preare it wouldve been very hard not to go get the evo
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbles79 View Post
    preware is the only reason I still have this phone webos is amazing but without preare it wouldve been very hard not to go get the evo
    +1
    The Palm & webOS community has made a f@nboy outta me. (can't say f a n b o y?)

No Evo in Canada... we're Android deprived. The Legend (2.1 Eclair) is as close as I could get, but I'm glad I stumbled upon my Pre (practically new for $100!)

Now I can't wait to see what the next phone is! *speculating* with the current specs in the market + preware & webOS internals I hope we break all new ground in overclocking!! 2.2 GHz?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts

I have never seen and still don't see the "Saved Package List" in Preware- what am I missing? I ran Save/Restore and backed up Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I have never seen and still don't see the "Saved Package List" in Preware- what am I missing? I ran Save/Restore and backed up Preware.
    Dpending on wheteher you have the public release or the testing version of Preware, saved package list is either the bottom option on the first page or in the drop down menu, respectively.

If you don't update this list then save/restore won't back up a list of your apps and patches but will just back up your testing feeds.

Also, a good rule I like to follow, is if you can't find it, look harder
    ok so can anyone conferm that the newest update helped fix the reboot loop on some pres. Though I didnt get it at all for 7 hours, when it happened it took a minute to get it back up and remove the kernal. I'm down to try again if atleast that part of the kernal is more stable, or happens less of the time.
    I'm running 500/1200 and all is good. 500/1005 is also running well.

Why underclock to 125 or 250? should I? my phone seems to like 500. just not clear on the theory here... thx
    yeah thats what I was meaning when i was running the intial version after the voltage was resett to 80, my pre was fine for 7 hours with no issue then at one point it rebooted and looped. i did get it out of it and when i went into Govanah the min was set at 125, so I was thinking that was one of the reasons, why it did so. Also are you using the recent version just updated today, and if so do you see any changes, Im looking to maybe trying again once its more stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah thats what I was meaning when i was running the intial version after the voltage was resett to 80, my pre was fine for 7 hours with no issue then at one point it rebooted and looped. i did get it out of it and when i went into Govanah the min was set at 125, so I was thinking that was one of the reasons, why it did so. Also are you using the recent version just updated today, and if so do you see any changes, Im looking to maybe trying again once its more stable.
    I haven't notice any changes, I basically see my Pre working like normal.

I started with -81, -82, -84 and I've been 500/1200 since I first dl'd