Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    -82 is the most stable yet.

vba no longer locks up or crashes running at 1.2GHz.
    all my pages erased and everything got added to the first page
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroblu22 View Post
    weak pre reporting in. booted up after i plugged in the wall charger, held down power and cycled the mute switch.

crashed after a few minutes running at 1205. going back to F105 now.

*edit* from what i'd read earlier in this thread, i'd assumed i would be able to run at this speed, as i never had problems with govnah underclocking to 125 or 250 before. guess this isn't always a sure indicator. or i was misreading things again, hah.
    The issues you speak of have sort of been decided to not be the main issue. The main issue with weak Pres seems to be they just can't handle 1.2ghz. I was hoping it might be remedied with upping the voltage, but that seems to have happened in the 82 update and I still can't boot.
    Installed on second Pre. Working fine so far.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    Tried twice, both times sent me to the ER to see the doctor. Curious because after the two SR71 attempts, I tried Warthog 1GHz and warthog has failed to boot twice now too. Seems UberKernel 800MHz is as high as my poor weak little Sprint Pre can go now. Is it possible that failed boot attempts with SR71 could have permanently affected my Pre?
    Yes.

Moving from 500MHz to 600MHz (a voltage increase of 0.08V) causes the lifetime of your device to decrease from 100K hours to 44K hours.

To run at 1200MHz, we increase the voltage by another 0.35V - you do the math.

The degradation is not a step function, it is gradual and it affects overclocking capability as it occurs.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/20/2010 at 02:21 AM.
    I might wait to see if another version comes out before trying again, I am doubting this new one will work but hey I am a masochist and I wanna be able to say my phone is running double the clock speed that the cpu was set for
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    yes mine had done the same all apps were on the 1st page after a device restart. I hope my information was useful.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I wasn't simply aware there was a thread of this subject, earlier than when I posted it. I do hope to learn how to better make the people aware of any problems that may arise with kernels or patches. I feel that it's part of my responisability as a tester and I take it very serious. I had posted this Immediately after my incident had happened.

there is a solid reason why these are in the testing feeds, to report bugs, and how the overall affect is on the Pre itself.
    If you use save/rstore from Preware you can get all ur icons back where you had them with a couple taps.
    woo new version is up. I got the previous one working for about 10 min before crashing out on me so wish me luck with the new one.

UPDATE: got it running on my phone perfectly. Could run it for 20 min with no issues at all until I tried to run a game. Jump o clock would get to the loading screen then close and NFS got to the EA logo and then the phone faded into a reboot. Screen state works on the latest build no issue but games now won't run. Back at F105 now and will try SR71 again tonight after I get my new phone.
    -sent from my palm pre
    Last edited by darkproteus66; 07/20/2010 at 06:34 AM.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    I ran KO boxing 2 for about 15 min yesterday. Loaded fast and ran smooth the whole time. No hangs or crashes. so far so good.
    is the latest build affecting brigtness unlinked for anyone?

I am using the auto-start brigtness unlinked patch, and updated build 82 from 81, and brightness unlinked doesn't seem to auto start anymore
    I've been running the various iterations of sr-71 for a couple of days...no crashes whatsoever. Has anybody tried QT Mandlebrot since overclocking? It's SO much faster now!

Keep up the good work and I'll keep feeding my norris your kernels.
    HPalm really needs to get on the ball and push out a new handset. I want this level of speed stock sad thing is we probably aren't going to hear anything new hardware wise until we closer to the fall release of the next big update.

-sent from my palm pre
    Last edited by darkproteus66; 07/20/2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: sent it from my frakking pre
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Damn, I am still hoping for a 1.1ghz and hope our big breasted pres work
    I second a 1.1ghz setting. My pre is almost stable at 1.2 but locks up or restarts after a while of intense cpu activity. Also, not to ask too much but I wanted to throw out the idea of having 2 separate kernels, one undervolted, and one overvolted so chuck norris pre's can get bettery battery life, while the weaklings can run at higher speeds if desired. Thanks so much for all the hard work everyone, I appreciate it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    I second a 1.1ghz setting. My pre is almost stable at 1.2 but locks up or restarts after a while of intense cpu activity. Also, not to ask too much but I wanted to throw out the idea of having 2 separate kernels, one undervolted, and one overvolted so chuck norris pre's can get bettery battery life, while the weaklings can run at higher speeds if desired. Thanks so much for all the hard work everyone, I appreciate it all!
    +1 to everything you said

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes.

Moving from 500MHz to 600MHz (a voltage increase of 0.08V) causes the lifetime of your device to decrease from 100K hours to 44K hours.

To run at 1200MHz, we increase the voltage by another 0.35V - you do the math.

The degradation is not a step function, it is gradual and it affects overclocking capability as it occurs.

-- Rod
    What would your rough estimate be for the life of a 1200 MHz pre plus?

Love SR71 Kernel, working perfectly for me all the way up to 1.2
    I decided that I am bored at work and am going to give the -82 kernel a day. Just installed it again with no issue, first thing i did after getting the kernel on was reboot the phone with it unplugged to see if it will now boot w/o being plugged in. At the moment I am getting the flashing palm logo so far so good.

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    I had just installed the 1.2 ghz Kernal, and upon restarting all my apps (preware and app catalog are gone. My patches are still on the phone, but all free apps, paid apps n preware related are gone. I've tried to Luna restart in hope it may help recover the lost apps, but no luck.

when a new Kernel is released they do mean use at ur own risk. I would install preware from my Pc , but someone has hidden the mouse.

Kernels work and there's a reason that they are in the testing feeds.

Use at ur own risk.

I am a newbie of Pre, and get a questions about the software that you mention, "1.2 ghz Kernal", pls adv what a software it is, is it making the phone running faster or .......

Thx in adv.
    Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    +1 to undervolted kernal
    Last edited by vandassen; 07/20/2010 at 09:07 AM.