Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    If it works let us know!
    No worky worky
    Damn, I am still hoping for a 1.1ghz and hope our big breasted pres work
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Damn, I am still hoping for a 1.1ghz and hope our big breasted pres work
    If our Pre's won't even boot at 1.2ghz I doubt they will be completely stable at 1.1ghz. There should been some room between completely stable and not booting at all in the spectrum. It's probably about 200mhz in this case.

I'm completely stable at 1ghz.... no boot at 1.2ghz ... 1.1ghz will probably boot but crash in PDK apps or other CPU intensive tasks.

I'll keep my 1ghz pre with a smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    No worky worky
    It took me 3 tries (premature battery pull , I guess) before It booted all the way.

Edit:
    But missing a ton of icons....Luna-Reboot, to see what happens.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/19/2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: more info
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    I believe I have mine working. Do you guys need any info? Ill take it out into the real world tomorrow and see how it holds up, haha.
    Working on my Pre. 24 hours no problem. Trying it now on my youngest daughters Pre.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    It took me 3 tries (premature battery pull , I guess) before It booted all the way.
    I just tried once. Didn't boot the first time. The added speed of 200mhz is not worth making my phone boot only sometimes and probably be unstable.

Edit:
    But missing a ton of icons....Luna-Reboot, to see what happens.
    YEah that happened to me. Save/restore launcher can put them back in order if you didn't commit a noob mistake and not run it before this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    YEah that happened to me. Save/restore launcher can put them back in order if you didn't commit a noob mistake and not run it before this.
    Actually learned about save/restore from your post, so thanks. This time I was prepared. "Fool me once, shame on ..."
    Back up and running...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    "Fool me once, shame on ..."
    Can't get fooled again!

M.
    Tried twice, both times sent me to the ER to see the doctor. Curious because after the two SR71 attempts, I tried Warthog 1GHz and warthog has failed to boot twice now too. Seems UberKernel 800MHz is as high as my poor weak little Sprint Pre can go now. Is it possible that failed boot attempts with SR71 could have permanently affected my Pre?
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Im switching back to thunderchief. SR71 works on my pre but my battery life seems to be reduced significantly and the speed increase wasnt very noticeable. My pre also gave me a few random luna restarts and hits 51 degrees. F-105 seems to run a lot better on the phone.
    damn, no boot. attempted starting on charger... no dice. dr?
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I had just installed the 1.2 ghz Kernal, and upon restarting all my apps (preware and app catalog are gone. My patches are still on the phone, but all free apps, paid apps n preware related are gone. I've tried to Luna restart in hope it may help recover the lost apps, but no luck.

when a new Kernel is released they do mean use at ur own risk. I would install preware from my Pc , but someone has hidden the mouse.

Kernels work and there's a reason that they are in the testing feeds.

Use at ur own risk.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    just did a Device Restart and all my apps are back, man I was worried. Well if that should happen to anyone a device restart should restore any lost apps.
    OK, I need some clarification again!

I guess I'm asking this specifically for unixpsycho to answer.

I was using SR71 Blackbird, which is developed by unixpsycho. I guess there was a new upgrade this evening, so I went to do the upgrade.

I usually 'uninstall' any custom kernel before putting the next version or different version back on. That way, the original kernel is copied as the default to be saved if a restore is needed.

Ok, those are my steps.

Tonight, with Preware notifying that Blackbird had an upgrade (version 1.4.1-82). I went to upgrade and it was done successfully.

But to my question:

I noticed in the listing of available custom kernels:

F102A Delta Dagger
    F104A Starfighter
    F105 Thunderchief (or is that Thunderbird, nah,, just kidding unixpsycho)
    SR71 Blackbird
    and
    Palm Kernel - which is the original Palm kernel that we use if we need to restore back to original.

OK, unixpsycho, can you please re-describe the differences in those different flavors again.

I'm only interesting in knowing about the ones developed by you.

I tried to go to the first post in each thread, and honestly, I'm having a hard time figuring out what's different about each and why I would use one over another.

I think some are just the top speed they can go?

Thanks for a simple explanation of what the differences are and when or why I would use one over another.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

You should really put this in the appropriate spot, which is the threat on kernels, so they can be aware of and look into the issue.

Reporting bugs and problems is part of what you agree to, when you install the kernels testing feed.

I am, however, glad that everything popped back up!
    Honestly from my point of view, if your pre can run -78 there is no reason to update. Your battery will just die faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    OK, I need some clarification again!

I guess I'm asking this specifically for unixpsycho to answer.

I was using SR71 Blackbird, which is developed by unixpsycho. I guess there was a new upgrade this evening, so I went to do the upgrade.

I usually 'uninstall' any custom kernel before putting the next version or different version back on. That way, the original kernel is copied as the default to be saved if a restore is needed.

Ok, those are my steps.

Tonight, with Preware notifying that Blackbird had an upgrade (version 1.4.1-82). I went to upgrade and it was done successfully.

But to my question:

I noticed in the listing of available custom kernels:

F102A Delta Dagger
    F104A Starfighter
    F105 Thunderchief (or is that Thunderbird, nah,, just kidding unixpsycho)
    SR71 Blackbird
    and
    Palm Kernel - which is the original Palm kernel that we use if we need to restore back to original.

OK, unixpsycho, can you please re-describe the differences in those different flavors again.

I'm only interesting in knowing about the ones developed by you.

I tried to go to the first post in each thread, and honestly, I'm having a hard time figuring out what's different about each and why I would use one over another.

I think some are just the top speed they can go?

Thanks for a simple explanation of what the differences are and when or why I would use one over another.

Thanks!

Rob
    r u srs? You don't need unixphycho to explain these things that even Google could explain to you.

You can ask other people or figure it out be reading the thread. You said you did, but I don't understand what you don't understand. Let me break it down to you:

F102 and F104:
    They were the first compache kernels. F102 is locked at 500/800 screen state. F104 is not locked and can be configued with Govnah.
    F105:
    The 1ghz kernel. This was all written in the original threads, so IDK why you are asking here and specifically asking unixphycho.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 07/20/2010 at 12:59 AM.
    weak pre reporting in. booted up after i plugged in the wall charger, held down power and cycled the mute switch.

crashed after a few minutes running at 1205. going back to F105 now.

*edit* from what i'd read earlier in this thread, i'd assumed i would be able to run at this speed, as i never had problems with govnah underclocking to 125 or 250 before. guess this isn't always a sure indicator. or i was misreading things again, hah.