Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Day 4 for me with F105 (oops, wrong thread!) and I have come to the conclusion that driving the phone to CPU rates 2X what the manufacturer recommends is going to expose weaknesses in the hardware and software. Therefore I will have to decide if I am willing to live with the occasional, freaky behavior I have witnessed with F105 (about which I've posted). The new freaky behavior today is that after I got a text message, my phone froze requiring a battery pull to reboot. For me that is acceptable, occasional behavior when reaping the benefits of a faster, responding phone. Thanks unixpsycho and rwhitby for your creativity and support. thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Day 4 for me with F105 (oops, wrong thread!) and I have come to the conclusion that driving the phone to CPU rates 2X what the manufacturer recommends is going to expose weaknesses in the hardware and software. Therefore I will have to decide if I am willing to live with the occasional, freaky behavior I have witnessed with F105 (about which I've posted). The new freaky behavior today is that after I got a text message, my phone froze requiring a battery pull to reboot. For me that is acceptable, occasional behavior when reaping the benefits of a faster, responding phone. Thanks unixpsycho and rwhitby for your creativity and support. thorne

This s u c ks I obviously have a weak piece of c r a p Pre, It under no circumstances will work w/ 1.2 so to those of you that are lucky enough to have a Chuck Norris Pre, You s u c k! J/K! lol.

Marco, I am currently running SR71 at 1005/500 and so far no issues. Should I go back to f105 or is this kernel a better option?

BTW for what its worth this is a new refurb Sprint w/ the silver button. I dont know if thats a better or worse Pre. Anybody?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i have a sprint refurb with the silver button and am running 1.2with no issues.
    Chuck Norris' Pre can run the SR71 kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    BTW for what its worth this is a new refurb Sprint w/ the silver button. I dont know if thats a better or worse Pre. Anybody?
    The occurrence of Chuck Norris SoCs and weakling SoCs is random across the siicon wafer and also across production runs and different fabrication plants.

It is very unlikely that you will find a pattern as to which end-user devices have which.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    running 1.2 for two days now. No install issues, no boot loops problems, and no crashes even though I have not tried to play a game for long periods of time yet. I will say though that the batt. drain is more and my phone heats up a little more when streaming. My phone got to 51c when my heat warning patch went off for the second time. I do like thunderchief better but I'm willing to keep testing this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Chuck Norris' Pre can run the SR71 kernel.
    Chuck Norris doesn't have a pre, some lucky pre has a chuck norris
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Freezing up is never acceptable to me, I'd rather run my phone at 500MHz and have it be stable than have it freezing up randomly. Thankfully my phone never froze with f105 and hasn't frozen yet after 24 hours with SR71!
    Quote Originally Posted by riccardojd View Post
    Can someome tell me where to download SR71 kernel?
    If I was nasty I would just give you the feed to see you crash and burn. But just so happens that I am nice.
    Here is my reccomendation:
    1) read through all 20 pages of this thread, if after acknowledging everyones issues with this kernel you still want to try it then proceed to 2.

2) http://webos-internals.org Visit and search for the testing feed. Understand what is expected of an alpha tester.

3) Do not complain if anything goes wrong. All answers are contained in this thread.

Oh and stop trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by riccardojd View Post
    Stop what?
    Really dude? do you not read the threads? IF YOU CAN NOT FIND IT YOURSELF (very easily just by looking around on the threads) THEN YOU SHOULD NOT DOWNLOAD THIS KERNEL!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Anyone see any differences with -82
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Chuck Norris doesn't have a pre, some lucky pre has a chuck norris
    Good God, man.

<<trolling posts and reactions to them deleted>>
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    If I was nasty I would just give you the feed to see you crash and burn. But just so happens that I am nice.
    Here is my reccomendation:
    1) read through all 20 pages of this thread, if after acknowledging everyones issues with this kernel you still want to try it then proceed to 2.

2) Visit and search for the testing feed. Understand what is expected of an alpha tester.

3) Do not complain if anything goes wrong. All answers are contained in this thread.

Oh and stop trolling.
    Well said!...
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Apple,HTC,Samsung,Google shakes their heads and walks away. Jobs says "Who does this Unixpsycho think he is Chuck Norris or somebody".
    Last edited by BrewCity; 07/19/2010 at 10:47 PM.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    my weak pre could not take 81... giving 82 a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    my weak pre could not take 81... giving 82 a shot.
    If it works let us know!
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    <<trolling posts and reactions to them deleted>>
    did they get infractions?