Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I was getting 40%-58% battery drain/hr while multi-tasking (browser, NOVA, google maps). Crazy, huh? Nice and fast, but definitely drains the battery when you are using it heavily.
    NFS closed out on -81... game play was a bit choppy under -81... phone just rebooted after loading preware. CPU hovering at 45.

moving back to f105-69
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I was getting 40%-58% battery drain/hr while multi-tasking (browser, NOVA, google maps). Crazy, huh? Nice and fast, but definitely drains the battery when you are using it heavily.
    I've noticed the same thing. Idle and light usage are comparable to other OC kernals, but heavy usage hammers the battery life more than usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I've tested the throttle back to 500mhz when the temp gets to 55 degrees. It works well. Once my Pre hit 56 degrees, the speed went down to 500mhz. But then went back to 1205 once it went below 55 degrees.

I think to prevent this constant toggling, maybe it would be better if it didn't go back up to 1205 until the temp decreased to 50 degrees? Is that possible, unixpsycho/rod?
    I agree...
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    NFS closed out on -81... game play was a bit choppy under -81... phone just rebooted after loading preware. CPU hovering at 45.

moving back to f105-69
    Guess it's really true... Some phone just can't be overclock. Such pity! I've been using SR71 Blackbird since release, no problem on my 8GB palm pre.
    Ok. Slow day at work. Time to test this out.
    It's funny that I now spend my day checking for two updates. 1st is webOS 1.4.5 and second is for the next release of this kernel
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Ok. Slow day at work. Time to test this out.
    Wew!! Installed and started up with no problem. Set speed to 1.2 in Govnah. No hiccups yet. Seems smooth and FAST.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Guess it's really true... Some phone just can't be overclock. Such pity! I've been using SR71 Blackbird since release, no problem on my 8GB palm pre.
    Have you played 3D games for an extended period of time? try that and see if it the game crashes the phone.
    Made a second attempt at installing, this time with v81. All clear thus far with standard usage (email, texting, web, and music usage mostly). The phone did run a bit hot initially (temps between 41 and 45), but a switch to a minimum of 500mHz cleared this. I couldn't replicated this behavior by moving the minimum back down.

I've read some statements about battery drain - I'm about to run an "apples to apples" comparison with F105 and 800mHz UK. Will post when completed.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    able to successfully recreate a fade crash when using vba resulting in a reboot loop sequence.
    once battery is removed/reinserted, phone boots as normal.

interestingly enough, the fade crash/reboot loop issue causes my launcher pages to revert to stock configuration with downloaded apps all going back to the first page as if they are freshly installed.

pdk games also have a habit of crashing on me without fail.

otherwise, I've run into no other issues.
    to be fair, I've only meaningfully tested music streaming, usb charging and browsing, along with the above.

edit: refurbished sprint palm pre with 1.4.1.1
    -81 is a lot more stable for me.
    pdk games running at 1.2GHz no longer crash.

interestingly enough, running vba at 1.2GHz no longer causes a fade-crash-into-reboot-loop. the phone simply locks up now.

lowering the frequency to 900MHz relieves this issue.
    s'pose vba at 1.2GHz is simply too much of a power draw for my phone to handle, eh?

side note: is there any reason vba doesn't show in JSTop? perhaps someone more learned than me could give a quick rundown on the finer points of how performance is affected porting ARM targeted gcc?
    Uploading 6 Minute video now. Sprint Palm Pre. Battery stayed at 100% The entire Time, but the temperature went up to 45 from 31. BTW I give Webos Internals the right to use my video for any way they think fit.
    Completed my half-hour test run. Results below:

Running: Sprint Navigation (navigating to a source, despite the fact that I was still)
    Music Maker Remix (actually playing songs)
    PowerNap (set to 30 minutes)
    Govnah (set to ping every second)
    Web - Reading the forums @ PreCentral

Battery level after 30 minutes in Thunderchief-69: 86%.
    Battery level after 30 minutes in Uberkernel-59: 78%
    Battery level after 30 minutes in SR71: 74%

For /ME/, there is a price to be paid for speed. It does appear to be taking up more battery power than the last version of Thunderchief that I was using. If I had more time I would replicate, but I hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Uploading 6 Minute video now. Sprint Palm Pre. Battery stayed at 100% The entire Time, but the temperature went up to 45 from 31. BTW I give Webos Internals the right to use my video for any way they think fit.
    Link?
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Just installed -81. Came from UK installed stock kernel and then SR71. installed perfectly and is running smooth and cool. will report anything unusual.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    really?

are you being sarcastic? If so sorry, I read you wrong.

but this is flat out amazing that we can get close to this.

heck I think it's amazing the internet exists, let alone a

ohhh, now I remember a link that used to be used here more often about a year ago

enjoy

So TRUE! and funny
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    Link?
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2563566
    This patch is an amazing effort but unfortunately the phone is too unstable with it for me. It crashed when I tried to turn on WiFi, and then went into a loop at boot. After having the phone off for a couple hours, it turned on, and I promptly went back to F105. I guess we may have reached a limit of 1 Ghz on most phones.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    big thanks to unix for all his work and for helping me with my mem boot on windows....knowledge us power and reading forums is what all the lazy people should do before crying help help
    so heres what i've noticed. I uninstalled 105 today and put on sr71-81. let the max stay at 1200 and then put min freq @ 500. When i launch NFS, it will load and then crash once it gets to the main menu. Also, when i load up BIA, the same sort of thing happens that after it loads to the main menu, i click to resume my game and that one freezes the phone and i need to do a battery pull to get it going again. I noticed when i drop the max freq down to 1005, everything works fine again, as it does with f105.

other than that, this kernel is ****ing sweet