Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    chuck norris here, great work unix and team!! You've outdone yourselves once again! Absolutely no problems whatsoever with SR71-81!!
    sj
    the camera app loves this speed! Awesome job!
    i have no issues going into usb mode but doctor fails to recognize my fone.
    I did not want to doctor it but I did. The doctor process took only twenty minutes, but now I am sitting through the restart following the doctor.
    Successful doctoring, thanks to everyone for the help. I know that no one directly told me anything but I read through all your posts before I doctored. I knew the risk of the alpha testing and I was fine with learning that my phone can only handle 1GHz
    Using SR71 1.4.5-81 on Bell Canada Pre

Got this installed and working well. runs hotter, 40-45 degrees compared to steady 37 or better - screenstate 500/1200 helps with that. battery seems to be comparable to F105. Blazing fast, no crashes, no issues to report.

EDIT: Idle temp is very nice at 34 @ 1200MHz

EDIT: Temp seems to have cooled down to the old average 28-38, dropping to 18 with screen off = 500. Still no issues, clear sailing!

Sunspider results - 8947ms
    Last edited by vandassen; 07/19/2010 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    chuck norris here, great work unix and team!! You've outdone yourselves once again! Absolutely no problems whatsoever with SR71-81!!
    sj
    Actually, a device that works with -81 is not necessarily a Chuck Norris device, cause we changed the OPP points between -78 and -81 to support some percentage of weakling devices too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    So the position is that the devices have varying tolerances, so long as they are performing at this minimum spec? Logical, but that assumes A LOT of leeway in the production. I'm seeing then that the make of the Pre to be very sloppy. Given that, plus a release for Sprint (non-+) a release for Verizon/ATT, no wonder people are so down on Palm H/W being so bad. It's practically a crap-shoot to find out if your device is solid, or merely solid-ish.
    I have watched videos on chip making (its been awhile though), All chip makers use these practices. For example they make a 1ghz series of chips and test them. Some test great and some don't. Lets say one of these chips tests poorly they could then sell it as a slower chip. So maybe it becomes a 800mhz chip for example. I have not kept up on hardware as much the last few years, but that is how I understood it back a few years.
    just cant wait to try it!
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post

enjoy
    Thanks, great video
    Unix can u plz guide me a bit? my phone is in bootloop and the charger method doesnt help and my doctor refuses to recognize my phone. my phone has been outta comission for about 12hr and am in desperate need of some help plz someone help me. UNIX?
    Its been working fine for me. Doesn't seem to make my phone any hotter either. Guess I got a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyschriefer View Post
    Unix can u plz guide me a bit? my phone is in bootloop and the charger method doesnt help and my doctor refuses to recognize my phone. my phone has been outta comission for about 12hr and am in desperate need of some help plz someone help me. UNIX?
    1. Pull the battery. Plug into power supply and push the volume up button.
    2. A qustion mark will show up (?).
    3. While holding the volume up button, insert the battery. NOW the USB symbol will show and the WEBos Doctor program will find the phone, and re-install the system files and clear all EPROM memory.

or maybe not. lol. I just searched and found that idea in 2 seconds. You should try it.
    bigwood i have done that aswell and have had no luck
    hmmm theres some posts earlier in this thread about people having problems doctoring. You should see how they did it. Im going to sleep. Good luck though.
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/How_To_Recover

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    bigwood i have done that aswell and have had no luck
    Is your phone boot looping right now?
    yes. it has been looping for several hrs
    Plug your USB cord into your PC and into your phone. Hold down the volume up button, next time it loops you should get a large white USB icon. The doctor should then rcognize your phone.
    i have no issue getting usb mode but doctor and my pre are long time enemies.lol but ive even redownloaded doctor and i cant get it to recognize my pre