Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Is there a such thing as a medium Pre? I am experiencing random reboots, but it boots right back up. Happened at 500/1205 and 250/1205. Trying 500/1005 to see if that makes any difference...
    Ha! I think I have one too. It's like the Jean-Claude Van Damme phone. Tougher than most, but no Chuck Norris.

Anyway, I'm amazed that the temp of the phone stays lower than Warthog at 1050 or F105 at 1005. On my phone, that's been 32-38C.

Battery life seems about the same, but I've done no scientific testing to find out for sure.
    I would love for someone to make a kernel for battery consumption. That would be sweet.
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I would love for someone to make a kernel for battery consumption. That would be sweet.
    I can make a kernel to kill the battery within 1 hour
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I am game for that, also a 1.1ghz kernel!
    I have been on here for a short time and have tried just about all of the kernels without any issues at all. I installed blackbird and had a reset. I pulled the battery plugged it in and it booted. The second I went into Govnah to set the screenstate it froze. After pulling the battery more than a few times I eventually had to doctor. I could not get off of the palm boot logo. I now that I have a weakly pre. I just have to say that unix, rod, marco and all of the other contributing people in this community are awsome.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmonroe1 View Post
    Ha! I think I have one too. It's like the Jean-Claude Van Damme phone. Tougher than most, but no Chuck Norris.

Anyway, I'm amazed that the temp of the phone stays lower than Warthog at 1050 or F105 at 1005. On my phone, that's been 32-38C.

Battery life seems about the same, but I've done no scientific testing to find out for sure.
    LMAO! I was trying to think of someone between a weakling and Chuck Norris, and kept drawing a blank. I was going to go with Steven Seagal, but thought better of it. I like the Van Damme comaprison, it fits quite nicely.

BTW, I'm going on 6 hours at 500/1200 with no reboots. I copied someone's posted setting:

Compressed Swap: Enabled 16MB (I thought compcache was taken out of this kernel though?)
    I/O Scheduler: NOOP
    TCP Congestion: Illinois

Not sure if it was the settings or if my phone just needed to get beat up a little before turning into the Hulk...
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    No doubt... You have the capability.
    Any fool with bad code has the capability, it's making the battery last all day with constant highly intensive use that's the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8525md View Post
    I have been on here for a short time and have tried just about all of the kernels without any issues at all. I installed blackbird and had a reset. I pulled the battery plugged it in and it booted. The second I went into Govnah to set the screenstate it froze. After pulling the battery more than a few times I eventually had to doctor. I could not get off of the palm boot logo. I now that I have a weakly pre. I just have to say that unix, rod, marco and all of the other contributing people in this community are awsome.
    you didn't have to doctor just had to plug it in which sets the voltages back to default then remove the kernel. I had the same problem got on my works iPhone read a post and fixed the Pre was so lost the few hours i didn't have my phone.
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Any fool with bad code has the capability, it's making the battery last all day with constant highly intensive use that's the trick.
    Next to impossible. everything is based on tickless events and idle usage. If you use a device the battery is going down. But one can argue if you do whatever you're doing quicker and go idle then the phone has a chance to go into deep sleep faster and save battery.
    Live free or DIE!
    I wonder when we'll discover a new way to micro code that makes that impossibility a possibility. Shouldn't be more that 20 years from now, maybe even 10. (Quoting from hindsight over the last 20 years of computing)
    ok guys i need help asap. i installed the blackbird kernal and my pre restarted and entered boot loop. doctor will not recognize my pre i need help. plz????
    Plug it in, plug it in!

No seriously, plug it into your charger and you should be able to boot. After doing so, put on a safer kernel.
    no such luck still stuck at the palm logo. please help me....
    I guess I have a 'weak' Pre+... I installed the kernel and entered the boot loop so I tried the wall charger and touchstone method to no avail. So now I'm doctoring my phone and going back Uberkernel 250/720mhz since I was happy with that and even though my Pre handled the F105 smoothly the tiny speed boost isn't worth the extra battery draw.
    Yeah i just installed this kernel. I was using F105 for a while and loved it but I guess I have a weak Pre Plus because I am stuck at the palm logo with no avail in the battery pull and plugging in method.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    That is where i went wrong, i never had my fingers crossed.
    Don't forget next time and hopefully you'll get a different result!
    yea im stuck at palm logo. the charger method will not work and webosdoctor will not recognize my pre! plz guys i need help.
    Open WebOS Doctor and when it sayd it can't find your phone disconect the USB cable then pull the battery. Now insert the battery and hold 'up' on the volume rocker and plug in the USB cable. Now while holding the volume 'up' try to power on and you should see a large USB icon and the doc should find you.
    i have no issues going into usb mode but doctor fails to recognize my fone.