Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    Moto droid uses an identical cpu with the same "sloppy" manufacturing. But that device was considered very well built. I'm pretty sure Rod's statement goes across the board, it wasn't specific for the pre.
    Thanks, however, it becomes my (all of our) problems/concerns, as that is the device I/we am/are 'stuck' with. A bittersweet irony - immense flexibility, potential and capacity, yet....

Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Since -80 the min is always 500.

Now i see the problem being the "weak" Pre's cant run 1.2gig reliably.
    I believe that is the problem for me my pre didn't start locking up until I went into govnah to change to 1205.
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    Thanks, however, it becomes my (all of our) problems/concerns, as that is the device I/we am/are 'stuck' with. A bittersweet irony - immense flexibility, potential and capacity, yet....

So you're complaining that a device that was designed and manufactured to operate at 600MHz does not have a 100% yield when operated at 1200MHz.

Is that right?

Do you also complain that your car doesn't go twice it's rated maximum speed?

Do you complain that you don't live for twice the average human lifespan?

Do you complain that your laptop does not get twice it's rated maximum battery lifetime?

Do you complain that a steel bar cannot be stressed at twice its maximum tensile strength?

Are all those things due to "sloppiness" in your opinion?

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/18/2010 at 07:16 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Seriously it's not a pre thing. If every smartphone on the market over clocked to the same degree as the pre has been pushed to you would see roughly the same if not more phones unable to handle what is essentially a 100% speed increase over the rated speed. Frankly I am amazed that so many pre and pre+ are able to run with no issue with the speed cranked to even 800MHz. Lets see someone try and take an i7 or phenom II to double the rated speed.

-Sent from my Palm Pre
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    side note just got off the phone with asurion and should have a replacement phone by wed. Hope this one is a chuck norris.

-sent from my palm pre
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    Link?
    +1

really?

are you being sarcastic? If so sorry, I read you wrong.

but this is flat out amazing that we can get close to this.

heck I think it's amazing the internet exists, let alone a

ohhh, now I remember a link that used to be used here more often about a year ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk&feature=youtube_gdata

enjoy
    That was a no go, maybe 1.1ghz would work? Worth a try i'd think. I'd give it another go around. Got nothing to lose really.
    just installed this..blazing fast on my pre! works well

**Here is a trick that may help: I uninstalled F105 from Preware and installed SR71 WHILE PLUGGED in the home charger.

This way it will run the entire install process at 500mhz, only until I yank out the cord it will jump to 1200

Its an unscientific testing, but give it a try: just may work for you if you have issues with the install
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    That was a no go, maybe 1.1ghz would work? Worth a try i'd think. I'd give it another go around. Got nothing to lose really.
    your soul perhaps?

-sent from my palm pre

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    your soul perhaps?

-sent from my palm pre
    Who says I have one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Who says I have one?
    fair enough

-sent from my palm pre

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!

I would be more concerned about being stuck in the middle of Ohio than being stuck with a Pre.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I installed it this morning. I've had absolutely no problems all day. Phones been running perfectly smooth. Battery's been a little bit worse than 105. Temps have been marginally better, but not really noticeable

In case it went unnoticed, all of this has been an unofficial, unscientific test on my part. I've only been using my phone and witnessed/experienced these results.

One thing is a fact though:My phone's been running solid (with this kernel) all day.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    If that doesn't work pull the battery and plug it into a wall outlet, I know my pre wouldn't start off the TS for whatever reason
    Thanks for mentioning this step. I was preparing to doctor my Pre after trying the Touchstone and USB to no avail. The wall charger allowed my Pre to boot properly, and I could uninstall the SR71 kernel. I wouldn't have tried the wall charger unless I had read your post, so you saved me a lot of time, effort and data.

For now I need to go back to F105 (which I love). My Pre apparently can't handle the higher speed.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So you're complaining that a device that was designed and manufactured to operate at 600MHz does not have a 100% yield when operated at 1200MHz.

Is that right?

Do you also complain that your car doesn't go twice it's rated maximum speed?

Do you complain that you don't live for twice the average human lifespan?

Do you complain that your laptop does not get twice it's rated maximum battery lifetime?

Do you complain that a steel bar cannot be stressed at twice its maximum tensile strength?

Are all those things due to "sloppiness" in your opinion?

-- Rod
    Don't you feel like your talking to a brick wall(s) sometimes here? No matter how simple you try to break something down for digestion somebody complicates/distorts your answers/feedback...kills me!
    I had my fingers crossed that this would install, and it did. Already I notice the speed. Certain apps opening faster. Dungeon Hunter opened faster than with F105, I can send picture mail faster and without as much lag, pics seem to render faster.

Thanks so much for the work Marco, you've outdone yourself. I'll do what I can and post some battery drain stats tomorrow after a typical day of usage and any other statistics you'd like.
    Lets see someone try and take an i7 or phenom II to double the rated speed.

-Sent from my Palm Pre
    I've done it, and it's hard, very hard. Unless I were to upgrade to one of those liquid nitro coolers.
    That is where i went wrong, i never had my fingers crossed.
    Next names after SR71: stuff that launches things into orbit. Atlas, Saturn, Delta, etc. Satellite names might also be interesting--I think geostationary satellites are the fastest. Then you'd have to go with spacecraft that go to Mars and explore the solar system.

And finally, when you've reached the limit: photon.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer