Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 608
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorx View Post
    my Pre got busted. since installing the kernel, the Pre won't boot at all. stuck at Palm logo, no glow, no nothing. and this is with -80. i guess i'll be back, and stay at 1 GHz. i'll try to use the uImage to boot the phone and remove the kernel.
    try booting your phone after a battery pull while letting is sit on a touchstone -- this got my phone out of the boot loop
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Get a few more people to agree with that feature and i'll add it in.
    I agree to this feature.
  3. #183  
    I seem to be running the brickbird kernel... damn shoudda gotten the other one.
  4. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    If you're having trouble booting after installing this kernel, try simply removing and reseating the battery, then put the phone either on the touchstone or wall charger and turn the phone on. It should boot up properly after 3-6 minutes. Immediately go into Govnah and change your settings to 250-1005 MHz screenstate scaling. This should not only save you from doctoring, but give you a relatively reliable communication device.
    This worked for me- momentarily.
    After I got rebooted, I went to change setting for Govnah. No problem. But almost immediately after (maybe 30s), my screen went fuzzy, then black.
    I waited until the very warm battery cooled off (after pulling it).
    Put it in and again got it to reboot, only while connected to the home charger. [I did try to boot without it, just to see if it would work; no joy.]
    This time, I loaded Preware and uninstalled the kernel.
    I'll certainly try again with a later version, but I have a feeling I could have one of those Pres that is "weak".
    Back to F105 and all seems good with the Pre-world.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    try booting your phone after a battery pull while letting is sit on a touchstone -- this got my phone out of the boot loop
    If that doesn't work pull the battery and plug it into a wall outlet, I know my pre wouldn't start off the TS for whatever reason
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  6. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Get a few more people to agree with that feature and i'll add it in.
    Sounds like a good idea.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  7. #187  
    ok now having issues same thing it rebooted on me while i was on a program, then got caught in the loop. I did charge it and it came up but all the icons were gone that werent stock. now rebooting and its stuck glowing, not a good sign and i dont have a computer right now.
  8. ses2017's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #188  
    You are a GOD! It is properly doctoring as we type!
  9. ses2017's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #189  
    Viewed the recovery page. No info I can make out unless you have a degree in C++. However, PSM9's suggestion seems to be working.

    HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS???
  10. ses2017's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #190  
    Further, I would refute the 'Weak Pre' designation. Far too many variables to lay blame on the device. (Patch conflicts, conflicting programs/software, so on)
  11. #191  
    ok for a update for people with the looping problem try taking the battery out then plug in your phone, then let it reboot when it does, and you have a problem with it keep rebooting once you've rebooted try running right to govanh and setting the gov at 500/800 real fast then you can operate and remove the kernal.

    At this point I believe the issue is the kernal running at 125 min which causes reboots, as well as the loop reboot which is why you have to charge it (making it run at 500) to get it to reboot. I think scaling from 125 or even 250 to 1250 is a problem, and remember it was a problem with the other kernals scaling it so low and anything under 500mhz when you overclock the phone. My opinion we should only be able to clock it the lowest to 500mhz, when its being overclocked over 600mhz thanks.
  12. ses2017's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #192  
    For the record, please allow me to say "Thank You!" to UnixPsycho for pushing the envelope of the pre's ability. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and we have ALL gained from Unix and co.'s constant development.

    Thanks again, and don't stop doing what you do best!!!
  13. ses2017's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #193  
    FYI, PSM9, my pre is rebooting, and the glow is there (had been missing that damn thing all day), and seems to be on the road to recovery.

    You are awesome, thanks again.
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    grab http://unixpsycho.com/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430

    run /opt/Palm/novacom/novacom boot mem:// < uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430

    when powering on the phone hold the up volume key like you were going to do a doctor... run that command.
    Could someone expand on this a bit. I don't understand. Run this from wosqi? where do I put the image file?
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ok for a update for people with the looping problem try taking the battery out then plug in your phone, then let it reboot when it does, and you have a problem with it keep rebooting once you've rebooted try running right to govanh and setting the gov at 500/800 real fast then you can operate and remove the kernal.

    At this point I believe the issue is the kernal running at 125 min which causes reboots, as well as the loop reboot which is why you have to charge it (making it run at 500) to get it to reboot. I think scaling from 125 or even 250 to 1250 is a problem, and remember it was a problem with the other kernals scaling it so low and anything under 500mhz when you overclock the phone. My opinion we should only be able to clock it the lowest to 500mhz, when its being overclocked over 600mhz thanks.

    for the record this did work, and I did not need to doctor my phone as I explained above, and was able to remove the kernal. Question now, I do see a update, but would UNI let me know if my idea of the issue above could be why, peoples pre's are loopin. Though I was running the kernal for 9 hours straight with no issues until it suddenly resetted and I had that problem. Though when getting it back up and rushing to set the freqency to 500/800 the problem went away.
  16. kkacatin's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #196  
    Thank you for this kernel!

    Wow this phone is fast! Used sunspider java benchmarking and I was able to hit 9 seconds! Faster than an iPhone 4 and HTC Evo.

    No booting issues here. Currently using Sprint Palm Pre with MetaDoctor 1.4.1.1.

    Palm Pre(Sprint) 1.2 GHz: SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark Results
    HTC EVO: SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark Results
    iPhone 4: iPhone 4 SunSpider test results (22% faster than iPhone 3GS) | David B. Calhoun – Developer Blog
    iPod Touch 3G: SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark Results
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    Further, I would refute the 'Weak Pre' designation. Far too many variables to lay blame on the device. (Patch conflicts, conflicting programs/software, so on)
    Read my post on the second page.

    If you think that stability at the extreme end of overclocking is not directly affected by manufacturing tolerances, then I'm afraid you are mistaken.

    -- Rod
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Read my post on the second page.

    If you think that stability at the extreme end of overclocking is not directly affected by manufacturing tolerances, then I'm afraid you are mistaken.

    -- Rod
    rod is correct there are direct stability issues when overclocking depending on his weak and strong pre theory.
  19. #199  
    tried to install twice, i have a weakling pre. thanks for the hard work on these kernels though. keeps my phone experience exciting.
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    tried to install twice, i have a weakling pre. thanks for the hard work on these kernels though. keeps my phone experience exciting.
    hey after installing, try my theory which is go into govanh and set the min to 500, if still a issue then try it at 550, it seems to be more stable at that min.

Posting Permissions