Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hi,

I don't know a whole lot about overclocking but I got another new pre the other day and I want to get my new one to 800mhz like my last one was. The first time I did it I used WebOS Quick Install and did a Linux command line to change it to 800. This time I used Preware to install UberKernal (Pre/Pre+) and Govnah. I set it at 800mhz yesterday and it seemed to be working fine. Then today my phone seemed a bit slow so I checked and it was back at 500mhz. Can someone explain to me how to make it so it stays at 800mhz? I have only been using Govnah for 2 days so I am a NOOB.

On a side note, what happens if you turn in a pre that is overclocked to 800mhz? Thanks

Fej180
    Have you updated to 1.4.5 after the recent update by any chance?

I would assume that if you duffed up your Pre and handed it in overclocked then they'd kinda scrap your warranty. 'spose it depends how well you duff it really and weather you can run WebOS Doctor on it?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Im running 1.4.1.1 currently on my new phone. The touchscreen wasnt responding to touches anymore so they already switched it, but it was still overclocked when I turned it in.
    Sprint does not have the time or inclination to crawl through your Pre to se what is on there if they are replacing. It is only the creeps on BB Geek Squad that comb through files on your PC if you take it in for repair (and they are just looking for pron).
    I'm pretty sure when you change settings through govnah you need to hit "apply settings". This will actually change the settings and they should stick unless if you restart your phone, but i'm also pretty sure that if you change the profile it will stick even if you reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I'm pretty sure when you change settings through govnah you need to hit "apply settings". This will actually change the settings and they should stick unless if you restart your phone, but i'm also pretty sure that if you change the profile it will stick even if you reboot.
    That is correct, and to check CPU speed, in command line type: cat /proc/cpuinfo
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation