1.    #1  
    Ok, so I'm not exactly new to the process of getting Preware running, at least not on my Pre. A friend of mine recently picked up a Palm Pixi, and I tried the same process, everything goes smoothly, WebOSQI installs the files onto the Pixi,or at least it seems that way, the device reboots, but then when it comes back on, no Icon/Button for Preware. I followed the instructions to the T, and again, I've done it recently on my recently replaced Pre, so I don't think I'm missing any steps. If anyone could offer any help, it would be greatly appreciated.
    what' ur ROM version?
    Pre/Pixi makes no difference....Read this: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Post in here for help... http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by grandboricua View Post
    Ok, so I'm not exactly new to the process of getting Preware running, at least not on my Pre. A friend of mine recently picked up a Palm Pixi, and I tried the same process, everything goes smoothly, WebOSQI installs the files onto the Pixi,or at least it seems that way, the device reboots, but then when it comes back on, no Icon/Button for Preware. I followed the instructions to the T, and again, I've done it recently on my recently replaced Pre, so I don't think I'm missing any steps. If anyone could offer any help, it would be greatly appreciated.
    What webOS version is the pixi? Make sure it is up-to-date.
    As for the rest, take ryleyinstl's advice.