1.    #1  
    I'm trying to install the "Device Menu Remix with Flashlight" and getting an error. Only certain patches give me errors, NOT ALL.

I've provided the ipkg log below. If someone could explain what the error is and what I need to do to resolve and successfully install this patch it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 7064 100 7064 0 0 28457 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 83105
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 7064 100 7064 0 0 54107 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 101k
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Last edited by mrchedda; 07/15/2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: add detail
    Did you just OTA update to 1.4.5?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Did you just OTA update to 1.4.5?
    No. At the time of the posting, I was on 1.4.1.1. I just now updated Thunderchief and I'm still getting the same error. Anyone else with suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchedda View Post
    No. At the time of the posting, I was on 1.4.1.1. I just now updated Thunderchief and I'm still getting the same error. Anyone else with suggestions?
    The patches are probably 1.4.5 versions, so won't necessarily work with 1.4.1.1
    I have updated to 1.4.5 and am getting the error message as well....also can't re-install top bar items , system menu tool either Anyone???
    I'm also getting this message when trying to install the advanced configuration for system preferences patch:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1

I ran a partial reset but I'm still getting this error. Any suggestions before I do a FULL reset?
    As states above, most patches require you to be running 1.4.5. Some patches do conflict and must be installed before or after others. It is best to check the thread for that particular patch and /or post error messages in the Preware thread. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    FWIW there was definitely a glitch in the system earlier. I tried on two devices and encountered the same problem. The download got to 100% but then Preware decided to hang. It is working again now though.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I get the samething on certain patches I can't install

the fahrenheit temperature with battery in device
    gps in device menu
    brightness in device menu
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    I get the samething on certain patches I can't install

the fahrenheit temperature with battery in device
    gps in device menu
    brightness in device menu
    I read somewhere recently that if you are going to reset your phone, you should uninstall all patches, etc first. Certain reset options can leave fragments of patches because a reset does not touch certain areas of storage where parts of patches reside. Then patches affected by this won't install properly when you try to reload everything. They essentially get orphaned.

The only way to recove from this is by using the webOS doctor to (essentially) TOTALLY wipe and reload all your storage.

I started to think this was the cause because even after doing a full reset on the phone, I still got the same error while trying to install the same patch.
    I have similar issue but with app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst
    have even performed clean re installation of Webos
    and then tried installing this patch 1st... nogo

Tried older versions thru webosquick install.. same issue
    Last edited by zeushunt; 03/02/2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    have even performed clean re installation of Webos
    and then tried installing this patch 1st... nogo

Tried older versions thru webosquick install.. same issue
    Did you reinstall webOS through running the reset on your phone? Or did you use the Doctor?
    I have the same problem like above. I never had any problems installing patching untill yesterday when i doctored my Pre-.
    Im kinda clueless now. Any suggestions?!

EDIT: Ok, now i found a partial sollution and i successfully installed two patches. But only one of them is working. For the one which is not working i have the problem from above, but only inverted... Its installed but not working and now i cant uninstall... -.-
    Last edited by realrookie; 11/09/2011 at 05:14 AM.